Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: [GIVEAWAY] Prison Architect  (Read 10686 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[GIVEAWAY] Prison Architect
« on: September 26, 2012, 03:06:17 pm »

Winner is (ironic because he was the last to enter) Blah! Congrats. If you are interested to see what the random number generator thought of you today
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Final odds were 1 in 27. Thanks for trying your luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the pre-order/alpha has a steep price I figured I would help out one lucky B12 user. Contest ends in 24 hours!

To enter simply describe your prison warden and the one power he/she has.
One winner will be chosen at random in 24 hours.
Only users who have registered by Sept 25, 2012 may enter.
One entry per person/account.
Multiple personalities void.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 02:13:46 pm by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: [GIVEAWAY] Prison Architect
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 03:15:52 pm »

* The Darkling Wolf applauds.

Not entering, just applauding your, quite frankly astonishing, generosity :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 03:23:54 pm »

My prison warden is that by the name of Don Marcopolo, he is a stern master of all he pervays with absolutely no one who can stop him or his dark intentions. His power is the power of atorney hense why no one can stop him, he knows the law too well and can sue anyone... ANYONE!

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 03:30:45 pm »

"It seems to me that we have a conflict of interest here, Governor.  My JOB here is not to worry about the money or the budget, but in keeping convicted felons behind bars.  Those that need help get help, and those that need to be watched are watched twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, without rest.

So I say again, Governor; I don't give a damn about the state budget, so long as it does not affect my ability to do my job. Have a nice day."

Warden Caiden Roash (Pronounced Ro-Ach) is a hard bitten lawman, a vetern of both city and state police forces.   After being wounded in action during a robbery that turned deadly involving an escaped convict that a manhunt failed to recapture, he changed career path.

A former guard at a state penitentiary, he was promoted to Warden at a newer facility that was being built with funds from the federal government.   What started out as a dream, though, quickly fell apart when the state took control of the facility in late 2010, and almost immediently started cutting funding for various resources.  Having never been one for politics or accounting, Warden Roash had done the best he could to hold the place together, always being firm-handed with the inmates and his staff, and cracking down on the drug trade and violence that normally consumes lesser facilities.

But it still isn't enough.  Warden Roash's seemingly harsh temperment and gruff manner has put him at odds with that state's Governor, as well as the budgetary committy that controls rather or not he can keep the pen afloat.  In the end, there's nothing else in his life but his job.  And that's a long, bitter fight in and of itself.

Edit: Warden Roash's former experience as a police officer-turned-prison guard gives him an insight into the lives of both inmates and the guards in his employ.   This adds a certain amount of efficiency when dealing with the two groups, and also helps to keep inmate-guard violence and friction at a low standard.   He isn't there to stop everything from happening, of course; but he's fair to both sides, and will repriemand even his own for getting into a tussle where there shouldn't have been one. 

(I'm not quite sure if this is what you had in mind, Hemmingjay, but what the hell.  Warden Roash really doesn't have a 'power', though.  Thanks, Neonivek for your advice.)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 03:41:33 pm by Viken »
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 03:34:20 pm »

If you don't have a legitimate "Power" then what you do is you make his power simply a skill or talent he has.

For example your Warden Viken used to be a Former Guard... maybe his power is Martial Arts so he could defend himself during any prison revolt. Perhaps being a Ex-Prison Guard himself gives him insight with other guards and thus they are more efficient.

Perhaps his power is that he is a drug hound and can always seem to sniff out hidden stashes.

It is up to you to sort of give your character the one talent that makes him different then a faceless warden.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 03:48:03 pm »

After winning the BL2 giveaway, I can say that hemminjay is full of win, farts rainbows, and deserves a cookie. Not entering, though. Not yet. *evil cackle*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 03:54:02 pm »

After winning the BL2 giveaway, I can say that hemminjay is full of win, farts rainbows, and deserves a cookie. Not entering, though. Not yet. *evil cackle*

If I farted rainbows, I'd see a doctor immediately.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 03:55:39 pm »

Warden Pickleton was not a man to be trifled with, duly noted by all denizens of the Pickleton Prison every morning with a loud, obnoxious "DON'T FUCK WITH ME" rattling over the intercom, interspersed with the audible emanation of spittle from the rotund man's crevice that, with a generous application of leniency, could be called a mouth.

All of the guards fear him, for from his control room he commands them with an almost godlike omnipotence, viewing them from his grease stained security monitor, strewn with the discarded wrappers of long since devoured fast food items. This device serves as his eyes and ears, for his miniscule legs have not seen action since the great Mrs Nobbs Pie Factory Explosion disaster of 1784, wherein it rained fat soaked pork pies for 4 days and 4 nights, which Warden Pickleton still regards as the best day of his life.

The prisoners are the worst off by far, though, as Warden Pickleton sees them not as people, but rather as a quota that must be filled on the easy path to his next ill gained paycheck, and with it, the immediate requisition of more hydrogenated fat laden pies. There is also, though only in part next to his relentless cruelty and simple inability to feel compassion, the matter in which he has chosen to construct his prison. Cells are cramped, food is rationed with an iron fist, and the prisoners are almost scared to exercise in the yard, for fear of Warden Pickleton's jealousy of their working appendages when used for means of muscle powered locomotion.

Surely it must not be said again that Warden Pickleton is not a man to be fucked with.

To end, his powers are that of pie fuelled immortality, and godlike omnipotence over his prison with the use of his security viewing device.

"DON'T FUCK WITH ME!" ~ Mr Pickleton
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 03:58:43 pm by Detrevni|inverteD »

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 03:57:09 pm »

Warden Patrick McToirneach cares for one thing and one thing only, running a tight enough shift to finally get out of this dump and get a nice, calm desk job as part of the brass. Unfortunatly his tenure is marked by several bad ideas and resulting collamities, such as the nearly career ending "Bring Your Family to Work Day".

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 04:10:10 pm »

Warden Woose McCollaugh here.

He has the ability to shoot lightning from his eyeballs, which temporarily incapacitates any prisoners in a wide radius around him. However, he can only use this ability once per month.

...what? They didn't put any restrictions on the 'power' your warden can have.  :P

EDIT: Oh, and he's a pretty laid back guy, I guess. Runs his prison with a fairly light hand, but has a tendency to have fits of RAGE occasionally when things don't work out smoothly.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 04:12:00 pm by woose1 »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 04:11:55 pm »

I'm Farmer Higgins, Bill to my friends, Mr. Higgs to people who aren't such as friends. I'm from Devonshire and run a little farm out by the ways. The farm wasn't working out so I decided to go into prisons to take care of farming those people that get locked up for taking things that ain't theirs, or for fighting people and not doing it right, or for thems that goes sitting at their computers going "Ooh-arr I'm a pirate".

I'm not sure how's you goes about's taking care of prisons, but I'm right sure I can keep 'em all fed and watered all right.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 04:12:59 pm »

He has the ability to shoot lightning from his eyeballs, which temporarily incapacitates any prisoners in a wide radius around him. However, he can only use this ability once per month.

...what? They didn't put any restrictions on the 'power' your warden can have.  :P

I fully believe it was meant to be vague.

Also... I think a Warden who could just incapacitate people with a look... would even work in game. It is symbolic for his shocking stare.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 04:17:17 pm »

I fully believe it was meant to be vague.

Also... I think a Warden who could just incapacitate people with a look... would even work in game. It is symbolic for his shocking stare.
I was going to let hemmingjay extrapolate on that himself, he's buying after all, he should allowed to have some leeway on the character.

I can imagine the warden walking in on a bunch of rioting prisoners, and having all of them stop dead in their tracks with a glance. What a badass.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 04:24:48 pm »

My warden

http://alcatraz.wikia.com/wiki/Edwin_James

Easier clicking it than rewriting everything. His power? He is one hell of a good manipulator, he can make anynone do anything if he really wants too.

Im just writing that but not entering, ill pass it on to those who really cant afford the game! Just wanted to share him :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 04:30:30 pm »

My warden uses snitches and other underhanded methods to play inmates off against each other like a very orange Crusader Kings.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4