Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [GIVEAWAY] Prison Architect  (Read 10675 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: [GIVEAWAY] Prison Architect
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2012, 04:32:18 am »

Depends on how sharp they are.

Da dum tish.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2012, 05:21:42 am »

Warden "Deathwind" Toruse was a somber man. Well, he WAS, until they put him in charge of the newest prison in the area. Oh, how both the guards and prisoners regretted that.

Toruse ruled with an iron fist, not only to the prisoners, but to his "guards" as well. A no-nonsense man, none could challenge him without expecting death to swing upon them at any second.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2012, 05:25:04 am »

Hemmingjay: Legendary contest holder.

You are awesome.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2012, 06:54:47 am »

Bio: Julius Grimm, Warden

Grimm is the latest descendent from a long line of law enforcers. His grandfather was a police officer, his father and mother were jailers and his father is making a career in the S.W.A.T. Julius studied law and started out as a junior lawyer at the local Prosecution office. Grimm however got fed up with perpetrators finding way to avoid their punishment and decided to follow in the footsteps of his parents. Julius started out as a jailer, a position in which he excelled. A silent, stoic and brooding man, the inmates quickly called Julius "the Grimm" or the "Statue" if he was out of earshot.

Grimm's moment of glory came when a riot broke out at the Second Chance facility. Two convicts grabbed a jailer and used him as a shield in order to reach the main control facility. While they didn't manage to open all the cells due to the actions of an alert junior police officer, several cells were opened. The released inmates converged on the exercise square, where they found the Warden and his jailers waiting for them. The Warden tried to talk the inmates into returning to their cells "or suffer the consequences". The prisoners responded by way of a heavy rock, which knocked the Warden out cold. Julius Grimm then walked silently towards the mobs, ignoring the orders of his superior. Waiting just several yards away from the howling inmates, Grimm stood his ground. Davies "Knockdown" Johnson challenged Grimm, but one fell swoop of Grimm knocked the giant prisoner out cold. Grimm didn't move and just stared at the prisoners.

To surprise of the jailers (and the good fortune of Grimm), the prisoners stalked back to their cells. Grimm was promoted soon after and eventually reached the rank of Warden at the Grim Salvation prison that opened a few years ago. His team of jailers joke that it was destiny for Grimm to become warden of that specific facility. But the silent Grimm cares not. He wants to run a clean ship and ensure that every convict does his time. After that, they are not his problem anymore.

Ability: Penance Glare. Since the Second Chance incident, Grimm has defused several other incidents due to simply staring down an unruly convict. His long years of experience, his height, dour expression and silence combined with the rumours that sprang up after the incident, created a reputation amongst the prison population. Now some of the easily persuaded inmates believe that Grimm can see into your soul and make you repent your sins on the spot. The hardier prisoners mock such superstition, but everyone prefers to stay out of Grimm's sight. After all, what if the rumours are true?

Effect: Cooldown ability. Grimm can immediatly calm one prisoner down, regardless of his state. When used on groups, the effect is dilutad, but can be used to gain an edge in an hard-fought situation.

Thanks: Thanks for the generosity, Hemmingjay! Money is really tight for me now due to various reasons. It took me a long time to scrounge up enough euro's for XCOM and by the time I get enough funds for this together ... Thanks for the opportunity, even if I don't win! It's your generosity that allows guys and gals like me to get some fun and draw attention away from worrying. :)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2012, 07:08:11 am »

Meet Mr Spindle. He looks like a typical middle-aged man, with thin frame and a balding head. He is usually seen in his attention-catching purple suit. Behind his humble exterior, lies a secret that makes him an effective warden. He is able to release unknown chemical from his sweat pore that, through still yet to be discovered mechanism, is able to make those in contact with it to feel mentally intimated. He never tells anyone about this, but he is aware of this natural gift and has been using it to suppress and even dominate the most feared criminals in his prison.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2012, 07:23:25 am »

Welp, seeing as how I can't use PayPal for some reason I'll try my luck.

Warden cag got his job working his way up from being an over zealous mall cop. Gone drunk with authority, he rules his prison with an iron fist, and does not care for the betterment of his prisoners, for they are scum. He has a special talent for always shifting blame onto others when things go wrong, managing to get funded better than other wardens that are about as effective as he is.

Urist McPenguinhead

• Bay Watcher
  • dungeon master with questionable motives
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2012, 07:41:48 am »

Okay, this is kinda long because I got carried away, sorry :p

Gortland Prison is a maximum security facility. Only the toughest criminals, convicted of the most heinous crimes, are sent there. A prison like that requires a tough, stern warden who rules with an iron fist. Those are in short supply.

Warden Bjartlor Vahlburg was a short, stocky man, probably around his mid thirties. He rarely spoke, instead he preferred to watch and listen. He was something of a legend on Gortland Island, and it is said the only person he had prolonged conversations with was his cat, though he refused to admit it. Vahlburg was often seen sporting a beard of great quality, much to the envy of the men of Gortland. His lavish facial hair was no doubt the product of extensive Scandinavian heritage, Vahlburg could trace his ancestry directly back to Harald Hardrada, the great Viking king of Norway.

Warden Vahlburg may also be seen as a little on the round side, and perhaps not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but the last fool who mentioned that had his head violently smashed through a toilet cubicle door. No one messes with Bjartlor Vahlburg.

Warden Vahlburg also had many occupations during his life, some of them more questionable than others. His past is something of a mystery to the people, he did not speak of it much and most were afraid to ask. Vahlburg was somewhat arcane, he kept his inner self well hidden from prying eyes.  All they knew was that at some point he was a bar tender, security guard, carpenter and computer repair man, among other things. However, he had been a prison warden longer than anything else. Bjartlor Vahlburg was good at his job.

Bjartlor Vahlburg was the fifth warden to arrive at Gortland Prison in two years. The previous four had mysteriously disappeared, without a trace. He ruled the prison with an iron fist, no - a steel fist. The inmates did not dare to even stick a toenail out of line.
However, at first glance there was nothing overly special about Bjartlor Vahlburg. Sure, he was secretive and incredibly strong, but he did not possess any powers, surely? Well, he did in fact. You see, there was one thing that set Bjartlor Vahlburg apart from the general human race.

His liver
was made
of fucking titanium

I kid you not, Warden Vahlburg could drink friend and foe alike under the table. His incredible mastery of drink drew whispers of ungodly things such as a second liver, or even that he is not human at all. The more superstitious men even raised their hand to their forehead, in a gesture to ward off evil. The people murmured as he downed drink after drink, "Surely no man could possibly take that?", "Oh, just you wait, tomorrow he'll be out like a light bulb." and "I'll bet ya ten drachmas it's the viking in 'im. They drank like pigs didn't they?". But day after day, night after night, Vahlburg feels no pain. He wakes in the morning for his duties as warden, and then he drinks the night away. Some say he is blessed by the gods themselves, as he does not feel a thing in the morning. Not a headache, not even a hint of nausea.

Thank you very much Hemmingjay, for providing this opportunity! Your generosity is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:46:05 am by Urist McPenguinhead »

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2012, 09:54:23 am »

Right, my warden is Sammy Vine, a former alchoholic and total badass who smokes a cigar.
He has the ability to channel his inner watchman and instantly subdue any rioter or escapee in the prison.
(Bonus if you get the reference)
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2012, 11:07:26 am »

My warden is named Spike Dionysodoros Murphy. A Greek man, disillusioned with the political chaos in his country, emigrates to Tibet. There he learns the ancient fighting techniques taught by the secret order of the Warriors of Heavens Matter. However this life proves too ascetic for him and he America to start a new life as a prison guard. After single handedly subduing a prison riot using only a chair and his own shin bone as a weapon he is put in charge of a maximum security prison for only the evilest of the evil.

Power: Awesome martial arts skills. Also bone regrowth.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2012, 12:18:19 pm »

My warden is a strong and short man from france. He always wears suits and loves hats. He moved to America as a kid, and got in the underground world. (or however you say that). There he learned how to handle pistols and butterfly knives and some fighting skills, mainly tackling and strangling.

Power: Has invisibility watch.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2012, 12:39:18 pm »

Like  true russian gulag , my warden is quite a hardass and wont refrain from flogging the prisoners.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Blah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2012, 01:16:49 pm »

My warden is a bear of a man that is not easily roused. When the crunch comes though, his terrifying roar and imposing physique have ended more than one brawl in an instant.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2012, 02:24:49 pm »

Winner is Blah, which was ironic since he entered last. If you are curious as to where you fell on the random draw, see the OP. Blah, check your PM for your game instructions.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2012, 02:28:32 pm »

Yay, I was fourth! I'll reward myself by actually buying the game.

Thanks, Hemmingjay!
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2012, 02:41:32 pm »

I'm still surprised that counted as an entry from me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4