Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [GIVEAWAY] Prison Architect  (Read 10680 times)

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
Re: [GIVEAWAY] Prison Architect
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 05:00:21 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is my warden. His powers shall be a completely inappropriate sense of whimsey and a total lack of competence for his job.

...And a snazzy purple suit.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 05:08:22 pm »

So I was bored and I had a couple beers so I decided to make up a little character. I started writing and apparently I didn't stop. Got a little carried away but hopefully someone will enjoy it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I assume there's also a whole bunch of spelling and grammar mistakes in there.
Cheers!

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 07:09:07 pm »

Sir Sanchez was a colonel in Her Majesty's army for twenty years, and was well known for carrying a whip around with him to "encourage lazy dogs". He gained renown for valor in rallying troops during the rebellion of Nonexistia with the clever use of his whip and a megaphone, when all of his superiors ran or made the mistake of dying. Scant minutes before the rebels surrendered, Sanchez suffered a direct hit from a rocket propelled grenade, which failed to explode but left him with a severe concussion. His last request was to meet the Queen. Nonexistia is well known for its native Funny Hat crop, of which the Queen is a well known connoisseur, so she granted his request and showed her gratitude to Sanchez by knighting him while he lay on his hospital bed.

After being knighted, he fell into a coma. Three years later, his life support was removed. He immediately woke up, proclaimed that "lazy dogs all over the world must be caged", and began a surprisingly successful career in the prison industry.

Today, Sir Sanchez wields his whip with great skill and/or hatred of all lazy dogs. He wears an explorer's uniform, complete with monocle, hat, and whiskey bottle.

He can drive workers to work harder, and cow prisoners into behaving themselves with a combination of his whip, loud voice, ginormous mustache, and impossible to understand British accent. If things start to go very badly, he can pull out his souvenir rocket and use it as a club. No one is sure whether this is a good idea or not, but it makes a great YouTube video once the security footage is leaked.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 09:00:21 pm by Knight of Fools »
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 07:16:36 pm »

After winning the BL2 giveaway, I can say that hemminjay is full of win, farts rainbows, and deserves a cookie. Not entering, though. Not yet. *evil cackle*
If I farted rainbows, I'd see a doctor immediately.
I'd be more worried if the fart is over-trusted, and he ends up crapping skittles.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 07:32:19 pm »

Khan Vicht,

No one is sure how Vicht earned his wardenship.  Records on him have only been traced back three years, and his resume, upon review, seems more like a shoddy forgery than anything else.

Khan Vicht, gains cash bonuses for every prisoner to escape, but suffers from much higher penalties for the failures of his prison.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 07:36:35 pm »

This game looks interesting. Thanks to Hemmingjay for yet another giveaway.

My warden is William Barnaby Hasty. A one time judge, he is most known for his summary execution of a criminal found guilty of murder. It was only after the impromptu firing squad shot him down on the courthouse steps that his lawyer acquired proof of his innocence. After that debacle, he moved on to a short-lived lawn care business before the fiasco surrounding his throwing a client's beloved pet in a wood chipper. Since then, he found his way back to his first love - the justice system - and has decided to open a prison to contain the scum of the Earth.

His special ability is the power to summarily execute difficult prisoners with an impromptu firing squad, although the fallout from doing so may prove once again to be his downfall.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 09:42:08 pm »

After winning the BL2 giveaway, I can say that hemminjay is full of win, farts rainbows, and deserves a cookie. Not entering, though. Not yet. *evil cackle*
If I farted rainbows, I'd see a doctor immediately.
I'd be more worried if the fart is over-trusted, and he ends up crapping skittles.

Sigged!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 09:51:06 pm »

If I say "Me with a large billy club" is that descriptive enough?  I should think that "The warden is Girlinhat" would describe what you'd expect pretty accurately enough already.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 09:54:23 pm »

If I say "Me with a large billy club" is that descriptive enough?  I should think that "The warden is Girlinhat" would describe what you'd expect pretty accurately enough already.
Except I don't really know what you look like or act like... except that you apparently make chainmail stuff and are a fennec fox

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 09:57:58 pm »

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 01:21:47 am »

Not going to enter, just admiring generosity. Good luck to everyone!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 01:27:04 am »

Damn hemmingjay, you always have shit to give away, either your secretly Bill Gates/Notch/Bruce Wane or you have the best job in the world as a Game Reviewer/Producer or something...

Entering...

My Prison Warden would be the kind that made sure that everyone has what they need, want and everything of the like. My Prison would be paradise where you commit a crime just to live in bliss. But if you try and break out for some reason, the Warden would make sure that you would be beaten, broken and shattered in secret, that you would be beaten with the worlds thickest phone booth and then turn you into a brainless sack of spuds that would never see the light of day ever again, your body would disappear and no one would ask why, because you are erased from records and memory...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 02:12:31 am »

Warden Hannibal Rogers is known for two things; excellent social skills and reputation as a gourmet cook. For some reason, the prison kitchens are never short of fresh meat. Inmates enjoy constantly good, meat-based diet. Occasionally, the most troublesome prisoners...disappear, but they've been just transferred, right? Surely it has nothing to do with how well stocked the prison kitchens are. Nope, no sirrreee.

Hannibal has the power to make the most troubling prisoners disappear and serve delicious meatpies to the other inmates afterwards. Doing it too often will cause an official investigation.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 04:29:49 am »

Urist McWarden
Power: Research 25% slower because he is always drunk :(

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile