Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The FACTS about Adamantine (SPOILERS)  (Read 14343 times)

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
Re: The FACTS about Adamantine (SPOILERS)
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2012, 10:11:24 pm »

Why are we even trying to up the rank on the search? Not like noobs _use_ the search...

Tags used to be here for humor, but have been removed.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:42:32 pm by TruePikachu »
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

atazs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2012, 06:13:16 am »

Id really not listen to this thread if i were you. Some adamantine can be mined safely BUT if you mine the wrong ones you get the circus(a bunch of demons) coming up to your fort. They are very strong and there are like infinite demons. So really there are no fucking zombies or anything like that. All these assholes in this thread want the demons to wipe out your fort. Seriously what is wrong with everyone?

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2012, 06:16:14 am »

You kinda didnt get it, did you?
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2012, 06:31:44 am »

Id really not listen to this thread if i were you. Some adamantine can be mined safely BUT if you mine the wrong ones you get the circus(a bunch of demons) coming up to your fort. They are very strong and there are like infinite demons. So really there are no fucking zombies or anything like that. All these assholes in this thread want the demons to wipe out your fort. Seriously what is wrong with everyone?
Oh wait, mister I know everything came! Mister "16-posts". I was worried this thread Mgiht be polluted by noobs who don't know anything, but think they do. THere are no infinite demons. That is simply not true. YYour Game would CRASH, f it was.

Anyway, I think we've gotten a decent amount of Information, When will the thread be locked?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

atazs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2012, 06:34:52 am »

You kinda didnt get it, did you?

Yes i did get it and i fail to see why the forums are full of lies about the adamantine and the demons.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2012, 06:49:30 am »

What I don't understand I why you're willing to pollute this thread with your nonsense.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2012, 07:22:30 am »

OK, well, my point was that it was *bad* that it shows up in the search, so a little taken aback with the key word spamming.

A prank on a few people who "deserve it," as posted in the OP, is one thing.  But what this turned into is posting misinformation and spamming it up the search algorithm to haze all the noobs, even the lurkers just trying to learn the game quietly on their own.  I mean, it's not the worst thing to ever happen on the internet, so, whatever.  But it's not really cool or funny.

edit. 

i know you guys genuinely do think it's funny, and that you aren't just being a******.  But just remember that all the info that new people have about this game comes from the community, there's no official manual, or other resource for them to turn to.  Togetherness, people.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:27:51 am by smakemupagus »

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2012, 08:39:39 am »

If anyone takes this thread serious after reading the opening in the opening post, he deserves to get clowned.
If he didnt read it -> clowns
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2012, 10:46:27 am »

Yeah, I don't like this idea. People should have the right to decide whether or not they want spoilers. Me--it's not fun to just get a fort killed by something I didn't know about. I prefer to play a game with known rules. Other people may decide that they want to play it blind and let it surprise them; well, those people can avoid spoilers.

If they want to learn about the circus, then they should go to the DF wiki, where the spoilers are properly marked and the information is usually correct. If they don't want to learn about it, then we should be nice and not spoil it for them.

So this really doesn't help anybody.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2012, 10:58:27 am »

It's meant to be a misinformation thread.

As much as we hate 'noobs' (note the quotation marks), people who are genuinely interested and new, and polite to us will get help here. And we can always point them to the wiki, as you said.

We can have jokes here in Bay12, and anyway I never thought this thread was supposed to be a serious thread anyway. I'm pretty sure someone spending some time in both the wiki and Bay12 can get that we're kidding here.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2012, 11:35:04 am »

It doesn't matter if misinformation is targetted at people who "deserve" it - people who are looking for the truth will stumble upon this, and they'll be annoyed when they find out they've been deliberately given blatant lies.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2012, 11:36:39 am »

In that case put some clearly blatant lies, a disclaimer saying DONT GO HERE IF YOU WANT REAL INFO, and a link to the actual DFWiki articles about the subject matter. And find a way to lower this in search results.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2012, 02:53:31 pm »

In that case put some clearly blatant lies, a disclaimer saying DONT GO HERE IF YOU WANT REAL INFO, and a link to the actual DFWiki articles about the subject matter. And find a way to lower this in search results.
Based on my studies on the serach algothem, number of times said is not the only factor, It appears number of replies and recentness are both important. If we let this die right now, it won't be very high in the rankings at all.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2012, 03:58:30 pm »

Yeah, I'm going to help let this die - ironically by making a post. This will be my final post in the thread.

1. My most recent post in this thread had 'tags' which I included for humor. They have been removed.
2. I have had a change in heart, and do not believe that we should continue this in this fashion. Maybe a page on the Wiki, with the same title as the thread has (trying not to use the keywords), D for Dwarf, and a full disclaimer in the Talk namespace, where discussion would proceed so things that can be added can be discussed, but I am not sure if that would be OK either - approval would be needed by the mods there. That page can be linked, and as the D for Dwarf template says:

Quote from: Template:D_for_dwarf
This article or section has been rated D for Dwarf. It may include witty humour, not-so-witty humour, bad humour, in-jokes related to the game, and references to the Bay12 forums. Don't believe everything you read, and if you miss some of the references, don't worry.

3. This thread should probably have most/all references to the keywords censored out - liberal use of post editing.
4. The thread should conclude with a link to the Wiki page (if applicable), the Talk page, and a lock.

Once again, I am not sure if this is acceptable on the Wiki, and this is my final _post_ in here. I might continue to edit if the need arises.
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2012, 04:23:50 pm »

Seriously though, "YOU AT FINAL BOSS" mentions it exactly once, and is still substantially higher on the list then this thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5