Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do you play DF at work?  (Read 2213 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Do you play DF at work?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 11:41:57 am »

Why bother going to work or class if you're going to play DF?
To get paid, and in the clas example... my classes are a fucking joke.  Excepting the major assignment I hardly bother to do more than glance at them.  Speaking of glance, I was supposed to download and hand in this packet last week... opps.  Oh well, my 93 average won't suffer too hard.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 10:15:01 pm »

every day Iam on a computer, which on average is every other day.

what a dwarfly statement

The Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 10:52:43 pm »

Dwarf fortres is too enthralling to really play at work ...

Shash The Stampede

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Typhoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 01:21:37 pm »

I wish.

Customer: I'm having some issues.

Me: So am I. I got sieged before I could set my farms up, and a kobold made off with our only weapon. You fix your problems, I'll fix mine.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 04:41:24 pm »

I played it during a genetics class last semester because we had a professor with a bad accent and (though I didn't know at the time) a medical condition that prevented him from speaking loudly. Because it was impossible to understand him and the Powerpoints were posted online I just came to class, played DF, and asked after class about anything I was having trouble with from the reading I did at home. There's something uniquely satisfying about building a thriving fortress while getting an A in a course.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 06:27:44 am »

No, but I tend to play it in class. If the class is boring that is.
The way you can just get some designations and jobs placed for a good 10 minutes lends itself to just having it run while I pay attention to class and take a glance at DF once a while to make sure stuff isn't going apeshit.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:29:41 am by Jelle »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 07:48:56 am »

And to think I just used to read books in class.  You know, those papery things tied up with string[1].  And only when things weren't interesting or otherwise vital to follow[2], like having to participate in a Shakespearean read-through or something, although one book on the top of another could be done, even then, if you read ahead to where you'd next be expected to drone through lines that I found much better coming from actual proper actors than from the mouths of babes us variously bored/frustrated/distracted schoolkids[3].

Of course, Alt-Tab/Boss-Keys are probably a lot more effective at shielding the object of one's actual attention than propped up books/schoolbags/the desk itself.  I suspect the potential for classmates so 'snitch' on you is equally as low under either circumstance, though. ;)

[1] I'm not quite that old...  And very little of what I read unofficially was falling apart as much as some of the more official schoolbooks.

[2] 'Or else...', depending on the teacher involved. ;)

[3] I got none of my love of Shakespeare from school.  Although I doubtless learnt something.
Pages: 1 [2]