Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Actually, Nevermind  (Read 447 times)

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
Actually, Nevermind
« on: September 25, 2012, 07:56:13 pm »

Earlier today, I was messing around with getting the latest version of TOME4 from the SVN and I had actually managed to get it working through a set of instructions I found on the TOME4 forums. Then I had noticed that all of the stuff was in the a folder that was underneath another folder, and I decided that I wanted all that stuff out so that there wasn't another folder to go through to get to it, so I attempted to cut and paste the folder. I had made one of the files (the log file) read-only before I did so, though, and the end result was that though I got the stuff out, I ended up with a folder in a folder (with nothing else inside them at all), both impossible to delete. Is it possible for me to get rid of this thing somehow? It seems that they are perpetually in use for some reason (making them undeletable), and I would really like to try to get a solution to this because it really has been bugging me.

Well the solution to the case of the phantom folders was just as bizarre as the problem. What I ended up doing is creating another set of nested folders with the same name and replacing the original set, and then deleting the replaced folders. I'm not sure whether I should feel proud or ashamed that I solved this conundrum.  :-\
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 08:10:33 pm by Un67 »