Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 244462 times)

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect - Version 1.0 Release!
« Reply #1500 on: July 05, 2016, 02:03:31 am »

So, I've officially finished a prison.  I set out with an idea of what it was going to look like and I achieved that.  Its a small (well, it didn't end up that small) minimum security prison with a somewhat softer attitude towards the prisoners.

Thank you for sharing, - looks good, - especially for a fixed size challenge.
2 quick comments. I would place additional sprinklers in the kitchens and in the power generation rooms, as that is where fires usually starts. If you play with events, then overworked generators can explode destroying nearby walls and killing people, so moving them to a corner of the facility is safer.
If you have trouble with the baths flooding, then place a drain in the entrance instead of a door, - ofcause, you have drains under all showers, so you may not have any flooding.
(Do you know about the 3d mode?  :) I'm not kidding, if you do a web search, you can learn how to activate the partly implemented 3d mode)

My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: July 05, 2016, 02:19:13 am »

Oh geez.  That reminds me of Nuclear Throne's ridiculous April Fool's updates that only last for a day.

I had events off, for my next prison I'm keeping them on.  I actually had to build 2 generators, and many extra capacitors, because I didn't understand how capacitors wok.  Also looking at it the primary common room with pool tables and weights isn't designated as a common room; no wonder there's always 5-10 prisoners with recreation/exercise complaints :/
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: July 05, 2016, 08:50:49 am »

I forgot to get this during the sales, is it still worth it at the full £20 cost?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: July 06, 2016, 10:20:24 am »

Update: Humble Bundle have failed to send me my key. Iiiits support time!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 06, 2016, 10:34:30 am »

That's never happened to me before. Do you have an account?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: July 06, 2016, 10:50:29 am »

That's never happened to me before. Do you have an account?

No, which is probbably going to make the support process about ten times longer. I'm pretty sure I just accidentally had the email sent to a nonexistant ".com" instead of my ".co.uk"

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: July 27, 2016, 06:49:50 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2e1zciptdI

v2.0 preview.

Really long video so I'm not all the way through it.

-Polished GUI (as a setting.)
-Will be on a Steam beta release before going live.
-Will be the last currently-planned content update.
-Help menus
-Undo button
-Fuckin' ZOOM TO MOUSE CURSOR UWEEEEOOOOOUWEEEOOOO (as a setting.)
-Fleshed out context menus for objects and entities.
-Maybe releasing the dev menus to players as a cheat.
-Filters for contraband, so you can see where it was stolen from/smuggled in from.
-Various tool-tippery, filters for info panes like on the Needs pane.
-Cause of death noted on corpse's tool tips.
-Work/lockup schedule type.
-TVs and radios broadcast to a room now, instead of having having one person at a time use it like a mental toilet.
-Reworked the Bureaucracy screen, just so it's cleaner and he's gotten rid of the god-awful cork board background, I think.
-Possible Prison Grading screen rework.
-Increased modding support; lua scripting in-game; unlimited mod capacity, so no more colliding on sprite sheets.
-New game events.

I haven't played PA in, like, two years due to the sheer amount of time I take to make a prison. I blueprint out the entire thing before making it and then enjoy watching it grow at normal speed. They mention DF a fair bit in this video and, like DF, I have to work up the energy to play the game.

Anyways, now that this is done and they're floating some fairly trivial looking games. (Reminds me very strongly of how McMillen went from the crazy success of Binding of Issac to several low-impact games.) And just like with McMillen, where I wonder how long it will take him to FINALLY get back to Mewgenics, I wonder how long it will take Introversion to come back to the idea of [REDACTED].
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:19:18 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: July 28, 2016, 06:18:37 am »

They've mentioned that PA is essentially what [REDACTED] was supposed to be.

Also, looks like we'll never get those improvements to deployment that would let me exclude supermax prisoners from shared areas :/

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1510 on: July 28, 2016, 06:21:36 am »

Really? Because they are wildly different concepts...

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: July 28, 2016, 07:25:49 am »

Really? Because they are wildly different concepts...

Some of the wiring logic made it in for the security systems and automatic doors.  He may have re-used some of his code for the power and water flows as well, can't remember the details but he used to talk about it in the early development blogs.

I don't think he ever said "this is what it was supposed to be" because he actually DID say that he never had a clear idea for what it was supposed to be, or how to turn it into a fun game.

But yeah, [Redacted] had way more game potential than the Lidar demo does.. sheesh.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1512 on: July 28, 2016, 08:00:19 am »

true that. the LIDAR thing looks like a tech demo with little interesting gameplay tbh. Its very pretty though

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: July 28, 2016, 09:32:56 am »

Also, looks like we'll never get those improvements to deployment that would let me exclude supermax prisoners from shared areas :/
Make a separate hallway/room between shared area and supermax.  Designate that as no prisoners allowed. 

If that doesn't work... you'll have to accept that supermax can access public areas or build a whole separate wing that could accommodate everything. 
Same principal applies to snitches, if you even bother to protect em. (Though, there is a mod that could auto-sort em for ya.)

EDIT: Well it does work, I mean if it doesn't work for how you've designed your prison.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:35:43 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: July 28, 2016, 09:33:21 am »

PA is executing on a lot of the systems Chris wanted for [REDACTED]. Which is why I still hold out hope. There are so many parts of PA that look like random features, like 3d mode. But if you remember the history of [REDACTED], there's a method to the madness that still makes me think, one day, after a few more lightweight titles......
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 107