Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 244530 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect - Version 1.0 Release!
« Reply #1485 on: April 29, 2016, 09:39:09 am »

if theyre trying to make me make my solitary cells more than a single tile with a toilet on it, i dont negotiate with terrorists
They just want them to have a roof, i think.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: April 29, 2016, 09:48:12 am »

i'm fine, then.

i just wish they'd stop introducing slightly annoying features and fix some of the bullshit in this game, such as the cell quality system (dont have quality 0 cells? LETS PUT YOUR ENTIRE PRISON INTO THE HOLDING CELL!) and supermax/protective custody prisoners getting put in shared cells.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: April 29, 2016, 10:02:41 am »

if theyre trying to make me make my solitary cells more than a single tile with a toilet on it, i dont negotiate with terrorists
They just want them to have a roof, i think.

A steel box in the sun was good enough for Cool Hand Luke.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: April 29, 2016, 10:35:49 am »

nope looks like just a roof isnt sufficient

"oh hey nobody likes temperature, what do we do?" "LETS FORCE PEOPLE TO PLAY AROUND IT EVEN MORE" "what about the people with savegames with people in solitary and no radiators?" "lol fuck them"

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: April 29, 2016, 10:48:10 am »

Except that as usual, weather if off by default.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: April 29, 2016, 11:03:46 am »

i had to build boilers into this save, and prisoners were definitely dying in cold solitary cells before i built radiators.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1491 on: April 29, 2016, 03:41:31 pm »

i'm fine, then.

i just wish they'd stop introducing slightly annoying features and fix some of the bullshit in this game, such as the cell quality system (dont have quality 0 cells? LETS PUT YOUR ENTIRE PRISON INTO THE HOLDING CELL!) and supermax/protective custody prisoners getting put in shared cells.
Why not add in some quality zero cells for the unruly prisoners?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: April 29, 2016, 10:21:51 pm »

Could someone suggest to me a way to play this game? I've played it months ago but after a few games I noticed something:

- Accepting prisoners when I was ready for them was far too easy.
- Having prisoners come in regularly was far too hard, and would eventually cause me to close the prison. It didn't feel like I accomplished anything.
- Prisoners are far too docile, even taking a ton of max security prisoners and basically torturing them and treating them as slaves wasn't enough for them to go full riot mode and try to break out.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: April 30, 2016, 08:26:13 am »

There are gangs and gangs will start shit with rival gangs and with guards. They stake out territory and make power plays.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: April 30, 2016, 12:05:12 pm »

Could someone suggest to me a way to play this game? I've played it months ago but after a few games I noticed something:

- Accepting prisoners when I was ready for them was far too easy.
- Having prisoners come in regularly was far too hard, and would eventually cause me to close the prison. It didn't feel like I accomplished anything.
- Prisoners are far too docile, even taking a ton of max security prisoners and basically torturing them and treating them as slaves wasn't enough for them to go full riot mode and try to break out.

Let your legendary prisoners play around--they will literally massacre your prison if given the chance.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: April 30, 2016, 03:20:28 pm »

armed guards emit a suppression field, which makes prisoners docile, slow and basically ruins any chance at reform

try not using them (except in your entrance hallway/supermax wing)

i'm fine, then.

Why not add in some quality zero cells for the unruly prisoners?
because it's obnoxious?

the way i see it, i can either spend my time building shitty cell blocks for no reward because some shitty mechanic forces me to, or not have a holding cell and run at slightly lower capacity with the advantage of not having to micromanage cell quality.

if i built one block and a riot happens, i'd still have 100 prisoners in my holding cell.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: April 30, 2016, 06:50:13 pm »

Would make more sense if it treated the lowest quality cells in your prison as the worst possible cells and arranged inmates appropriately. It should be about the relative quality.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: July 04, 2016, 04:28:31 am »

Got this on the summer sale, having a lot of fun with it.  What I didn't expect when I bought it was how mundane it is. There's something kind of mesmerizing about watching a box of potatoes get shipped in on a truck, unloaded by the driver, brought through a metal detector by a workman, carried into a refrigerator in the kitchen, cooked, put out on a serving station, and then individually put on trays and eaten by the prisoners.  Lends the game a certain charm.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: July 04, 2016, 09:22:24 pm »

Much like DF and ant farms. It's nice to watch your minions scurry.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: July 04, 2016, 10:03:22 pm »

So, I've officially finished a prison.  I set out with an idea of what it was going to look like and I achieved that.  Its a small (well, it didn't end up that small) minimum security prison with a somewhat softer attitude towards the prisoners.
Spoiler: My prison (click to show/hide)
I brought in some medium security prisoners by accident the first day.  Aside from one of those prisoners, Mackenzie, who got upgraded to high security for beating a workman unconscious (and later picking fights with guards) everything has been pretty quiet.  Despite an incident where a workman demolished a wall before the foundation on the other side was complete and prisoners flooded out, the sole successful escape has been via tunnel, and there's been no deaths.  My anemic cashflow is usually supplemented by a hefty days without incident bonus, and there are no misdemeanors that are punished by solitary (we don't actually have a solitary wing).  Due to space constraints (I wanted the whole prison to be one brick building of a set size)  I don't have quite as many accommodations for the prisoners as I would like, the classroom and the yard and such are too small and I would like some more showers.  But really its a pretty nice prison to be assigned to all things considered.  Mackenzie is getting psycological help and I kind of want to see what happens there; either way he's up to be released soon and once that happens there's not going to be too much reason to stick around.  Guess I'll sell the prison and start a new one.

Since this was my first prison I went a while without doing anything about contraband.  This resulted in the amusing discovery that 3 prisoners had managed to smuggle, steal, and trade between them more than half the prison's contraband.  One had 5 different implements that could be used for digging, one had an impressive array of drugs, meds and alcohol, and the third had not only drugs and alcohol but 4 cell phones.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 107