Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 244733 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Prison Architect (v. a33) - Now with 20% softer mattresses
« Reply #1230 on: May 30, 2015, 06:04:20 am »

Suddenly this is about the US? That was a strange turn.

I was directly referencing a statement about US prisons...sooo yes?
Yeah ignore me, I misread your post. :P

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 30, 2015, 05:31:06 pm »

I wish there was a way to "bookmark" your favorite prisoners like how you can bookmark characters in Crusader Kings.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 30, 2015, 08:01:42 pm »

are there plans on adding multi lvls? so you can make multiple stories building

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 30, 2015, 09:26:53 pm »

Don't think they plan on Z-levels.

Also, I can't seem to recruit informants. I looked at the wiki and it says to basically keep people in solitary long enough and as long as they doin't have the Stoical reputation, you can eventually recruit them. I've had people in solitary for up to 24 hours and yet I couldn't find any potential informants.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 31, 2015, 02:27:37 am »

Looks nice, but still don't feel the need to reboot. Once you know the principles, it is simply too easy to make a perfectly controllable prison where nobody ever escapes and nothing bad happens. With all the grants too money is just not an option. Maybe I should look more into mods.

Unfortunately it's looking more and more likely that they will be wrapping up the monthly development of this game soon, declaring it finished, and moving on to another project. After such a long time I can't blame them. They've stuck with it a long time, and its a nice little game. It just feels to me that it could do with a boost to the challenge, and actually introduce real security problems that require more creative architectural solutions. Security versus finance should be the balance you are trying to tread, maybe through the course of a nice little ramping-up campaign mode, but at the moment its kind of been fairly easy sandbox for pretty much the whole time, especially since grants came in.

I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 31, 2015, 05:42:16 am »

I think it suffers from what most simulation games suffer from which is a lack of predictability. Given that most simulation games are formula based (with little or no random variables) once you find the right combination to appease the calculations you have no problems.

All simulation games need to start evolving and include a greater deal of randomness in the core equations...not just random events or whatever (though those help a ton)

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 31, 2015, 06:47:25 am »

Don't think they plan on Z-levels.

Also, I can't seem to recruit informants. I looked at the wiki and it says to basically keep people in solitary long enough and as long as they don't have the Stoical reputation, you can eventually recruit them. I've had people in solitary for up to 24 hours and yet I couldn't find any potential informants.

Under 100 or so prisoners the chance to find one is very slim. My trick is to wait for the tri-daily shakedown, you will get 1-2 solitary (or more depending of your policies) per 100 prisoners. Wait a few hours, go over  the intelligence menu and those you can recruit will be circled in yellow. Just click on them and find on their file the "recruit as informant". ;)

Also this is very broken, if you call an informant, and while he's in your security office you search the areas he points out, then he will get suspicions, but you can release him, then immediately search the same locations/people and your informant will get no suspicions. It's also  not that useful since dog/armed guard patrols are so OP and there's little to none drawback to shakdown every 3-4 days.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 01, 2015, 07:28:56 am »

Snitches in my prison are never used to find petty contraband.  That is what metal detectors and dogs are for.  Shakedowns need only be applied after I install a new housing section. 
Snitches identify people for me.  My snitches are never caught.

As for getting more snitches, I punish each and every infraction with solitary.  Minimum 2 hours, so there is a constant stream of inmates in solitary.  Someone always breaks.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 01, 2015, 11:06:44 am »

You have sneaky snitches.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 03, 2015, 04:25:25 pm »

Well, this game is fun.
Made my first proper prison. I only had an insanely dirty holding cell with no entertainment as prisoner storage, and they didn't seem to like that. They didn't like it enough that they started rioting. Just as I was making the visitation area, they killed a guard and stole their keys. 4 prisoners escaped just as the riot squad showed up, and the rest got beaten down. After a while and a few unconscious guards, things returned to normal enough that I called the riot squad away.
Walking with them was the father of one of the prisoners. He was the first to show up to see his son, who was one of the rioters. He probably saw his unconscious body lying outside.

WELCOME TO FNIFF'S PRISON BUDDY
DO YOU LIKE IT?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: June 17, 2015, 01:55:14 pm »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:20:44 pm by penguinofhonor »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: June 17, 2015, 02:11:03 pm »

You have sneaky snitches.
Late, but... each snitch has some kind of suspicion bar.  There are 2 meters on it.  (I havn't actually loaded this game up since the last time, I'm assuming it hasn't changed much.)
Minimum Suspicion(MS) and Immediate Suspicion(IS).  MS never goes away once acquired.  IS takes a day or so to go down.  IS goes up when you bring them in for information, if their IS bar was empty when you bring them in, MS will be unaffected.  If the snitch had some IS when you bring them in, MS will go up along with it.

I've never actually bothered to use the snitch to find contraband/escape tunnels.  Maybe their IS will go up if you single target search for tunnels/contraband that your snitch(es) points out.  In that case, MS will go up.  It may or not gain IS if you do a cell block search based on information from a snitch. 
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: June 23, 2015, 05:39:14 am »

Does anybody know of a way to remove the awful fucking bios?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1243 on: June 23, 2015, 06:22:42 am »

Does anybody know of a way to remove the awful fucking bios?
what? you mean the backer bio crap? no, unfortunately. And yes they are bad

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: June 23, 2015, 01:22:48 pm »

Agreed. They either silly, stupid, contain horrible grammar, or all three.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 107