Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 244783 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a28) - New look for Xmas
« Reply #1110 on: February 04, 2015, 11:29:13 am »

I always have this problem where I start out small and it is this weird and inefficient design that I end up hating...I may just buy the plot across the street and make a much better layout and then demolish or re purpose this silly small prison I have going on after I transfer everyone over there

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1111 on: February 04, 2015, 11:36:52 am »

How many dead snitches/copsprisoners is too much anyways?  Is it based on number of deaths over X time period?  Or a total max?
The failure condition for deaths is X deaths over Y time, specifically a high number of deaths in a single 24 hour period. Even after you meet it you get more time to rectify the situation I believe. A low but constant death toll will not trip the failure condition.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 04, 2015, 12:10:55 pm »

How many dead snitches/copsprisoners is too much anyways?  Is it based on number of deaths over X time period?  Or a total max?
The failure condition for deaths is X deaths over Y time, specifically a high number of deaths in a single 24 hour period. Even after you meet it you get more time to rectify the situation I believe. A low but constant death toll will not trip the failure condition.
Cool.  Then my snitches gonna be getting stitches.  Cause we don't provide protective custody anymore.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 04, 2015, 12:32:52 pm »

I usually end up buying the area across the road and rebuilding a place for the specials over there, since I don't have any sort of room on the original side to add more groups.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 04, 2015, 03:53:14 pm »

Oh nice, finally you can cancel a foundation and get the money back from the un-purchased materials, and it recalculates that same amount when resuming over the previous foundation remains.

Used to be that you got nothing when cancelling foundations.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 05, 2015, 04:45:12 pm »

How good is this game? Is it similar to DF? I'm considering buying it, since it's on steam sale. Or, is there a cheaper place to get it?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 05, 2015, 04:49:04 pm »

It's pretty damn good, shares some elements with DF (indirect designation of tasks and areas rather than directly ordering units about), and as far as I know Steam is the cheapest place you're going to get it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 05, 2015, 05:52:39 pm »

How good is this game? Is it similar to DF? I'm considering buying it, since it's on steam sale. Or, is there a cheaper place to get it?

Get it.

Seriously. It's really good.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 05, 2015, 05:54:39 pm »

Should I spring the extra $2.50 for their other games as well? So, if I understand it, it's basically DF: Prison Simulator?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 05, 2015, 06:08:57 pm »

Introversion have never made a bad game, I am confident in saying.

Unless you count Subversion, which created a bunch of really great tech demos but wasn't ever actually released.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 05, 2015, 06:20:50 pm »

I really wouldn't compare PA to DF. It's not that the comparison is inexact, I just think it might leave some people disappointed with PA. Which, while awesome, isn't quite up to DF's level of simulation. It simulates prison's GREAT, and better with every update. But comparing it to DF implies a lot of things it doesn't do.

Anyways, great game, get it. As for older Introversion products, the only one I've played that I'll recommend is Uplink, for a lightweight hacking simulator. Darwinia/Multiwinia....never played em.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 05, 2015, 06:48:52 pm »

Introversion have never made a bad game, I am confident in saying.

Unless you count Subversion, which created a bunch of really great tech demos but wasn't ever actually released.
Man now i just god damn wish subervsion would be a thing.... maybe after prison architect? Someone has to hope...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 05, 2015, 06:59:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure Subversion was permanently shelved so Prison Architect could exist.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 05, 2015, 08:33:01 pm »

If I am not mistaken they ripped a few systems out of subversion and turned them into PA
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 107