Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 244482 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect
« Reply #330 on: October 02, 2012, 12:14:53 am »

Eh...the release itself is at least 8 months+ off I am guessing...paying a little extra to help guide development and play it before hand is worth the 5 or 10 dollar price difference I expect it to have.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 02, 2012, 12:21:27 am »

Incidentally, the game earned $100,000 worth of preorders in 72 hours. Which, by Kickstarter standards, is pretty tame. But Introversion is thrilled since it's probably the most money they've ever made outside of an official release.

Novel concept here. Release something... get paid? Not ironic that a developer has "Delay" in his name.Another 6 months and Introversion would have usurped 3dRealms in terms of non productivity.

Glad to see they are finally releasing anything. I've been saving up this pile of rage for a while, so now that I've got it off my chest....The game looks very interesting, but at a high price point. I was really expecting it to be in the $15 range in Alpha, but if it takes $30 alphas for them to finish it so be it, they'll get my money.

To be fair it is implied that most of the subversion agent code was used in and made possible prison architect.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #332 on: October 02, 2012, 03:25:43 am »

In fact I could see a subversion type game made using the look and feel of prison architect with some tweaks and the addition of floor selection.

Edit: Oh, I never even noticed the Grants section of the reports. x.x I was doing all of my building on the initial ~9k you get on starting.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:17:11 am by forsaken1111 »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 02, 2012, 05:06:19 am »

So is a death pit where prisoners are kept to kill eachover viable right now ? So just building a airlock and stopping guards would be good enough?

Also will guards go and get them selfs healed up in a medical office ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 02, 2012, 05:10:02 am »

Oh, I never even noticed the Grants section of the reports. x.x I was doing all of my building on the initial ~9k you get on starting.

congratulations if you managed that.

edit: changed the quote to highlight the congrats part  :P
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 05:22:55 am by LoSboccacc »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #335 on: October 02, 2012, 05:12:35 am »

In fact I could see a subversion type game made using the look and feel of prison architect with some tweaks and the addition of floor selection.

Edit: Oh, I never even noticed the Grants section of the reports. x.x I was doing all of my building on the initial ~9k you get on starting.

congratulations if you managed that.
Depends on how extensive the modding abilities are.

But I was talking more along the lines of Introversion making the game, not me. :P

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 02, 2012, 05:15:14 am »

How O_o ...... I could barely do anything until I found the grants (and later the workshop)

So is a death pit where prisoners are kept to kill eachover viable right now ? So just building a airlock and stopping guards would be good enough?

Don't see why not, just change the regime to always yard or something and build a walled in yard area with an airlock, then your guards should be able to drop prisoners off in a nice holding cell and you can use the airlock to shuffle them into the yard area (you'll probably need a temporary yard in the airlock so they move the first step). They will rage all over the yard but lack of weapons means deaths should be low.

Also will guards go and get them selfs healed up in a medical office ?

Sometimes, but if you select and right click them into the medical ward the doctors suddenly rush over to heal them when they arrive.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #337 on: October 02, 2012, 05:21:44 am »

How O_o ...... I could barely do anything until I found the grants (and later the workshop)
I was very very frugal. Had 2 guards, 2 cooks, 1 warden and all the basic (very basic) facilities with about $500 to spare.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 02, 2012, 05:59:07 am »

Wait the workshop has a use ? O.o
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 02, 2012, 09:03:42 am »

Wait the workshop has a use ? O.o

It generates cash, not much each but you can put them down as they cost you nothing to place and don't currently require workers of any kind. Was kinda kind having endless money using them for a while, but really it would have been less effort to just modify the save game file (which is in plain text) so I wouldn't really recommend using them if you want to enjoy the game.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 02, 2012, 09:16:27 am »

Also, they give your prisoners access to weapons, so consider that.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 02, 2012, 11:35:54 am »

Also, they give your prisoners access to weapons, so consider that.

This, I had a workshop, and it ended with around 30 of my 70 inmates having power drills. It... did not end well....

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #342 on: October 02, 2012, 12:08:47 pm »

It wouldn't be a problem if Metal Detectors worked consistently. The only time I managed to get one to work was in the one space entrance to the showers... It was kind of funny seeing every single one of my guards suddenly taking a dozen prisoners to their cells for carrying knives and such, but I haven't been able to get them to work since then.

I do like the idea of the workshop, though. I've always felt that prisoners should have something mildly productive to do during their incarceration.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 02, 2012, 12:18:48 pm »

Just for the record, THIS is what happens when you give me unlimited money.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 02, 2012, 12:20:13 pm »

You REALLY need some sink in that kitchen  ???
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 107