Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 244514 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect
« Reply #270 on: September 30, 2012, 03:09:15 pm »

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 30, 2012, 03:26:30 pm »

Now those features look cool.  No more prisoners being able to run throughout the prison.  I do hope they figure out a good system for gangs and contriband, though.   It'll make the game more realistic, and give a wider range to the things you have to keep control of.  8)
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

megaloptus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 30, 2012, 03:35:13 pm »

Alright, so I had most of my prison in one huge super building, and guys in the holding cells are spontaneously conjuring power drills out of thin air.

And no matter how many drains I put in the showers ( I covered every inch of flooring with them  >:( ) mass flooding occurs.

Blah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 30, 2012, 03:56:20 pm »

Alright, so I had most of my prison in one huge super building, and guys in the holding cells are spontaneously conjuring power drills out of thin air.

And no matter how many drains I put in the showers ( I covered every inch of flooring with them  >:( ) mass flooding occurs.

You need pipes underneath those drains I believe. The drains are only needed at the exit.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #274 on: September 30, 2012, 04:02:54 pm »

Yay Alpha!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect
« Reply #275 on: October 01, 2012, 12:19:36 am »

I hope they keep the sort of "No space, everything sucks" aspect of the game as it goes on with no possible way to avoid trouble (as in... you are GOING to have riots)

There is a reason why it is "Prison" Architect and not "Fantastic Funland" Architect.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #276 on: October 01, 2012, 12:31:33 am »

Depends on your perspective, really.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 01, 2012, 01:04:06 am »

True

My only other concern is that staff will continue to be faceless workers.

Be a bit nice if they had personality as well... or at least needed a staff room.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 01, 2012, 01:20:39 am »

Sadic: -1 happiness, searches 25% more effective

Soo much potential here  :P

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 01, 2012, 08:18:13 am »

I hope they keep the sort of "No space, everything sucks" aspect of the game as it goes on with no possible way to avoid trouble (as in... you are GOING to have riots)

There is a reason why it is "Prison" Architect and not "Fantastic Funland" Architect.
I agree.
 I tried a round using the 'move the delivery area away from road a few tiles' trick to stop prisoner arrivals while I built a prison and frankly it got stale quickly. I can house too many prisoners with too few issues. I like the race against time (not saying it can't be tweaked, it is a little too fast for the money, as is, i think) and I like the constant need to worry a riot is just seconds away...
It doesn't need to be an impossible viciousness, but I hope it stays gritty.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 01, 2012, 08:19:12 am »

Isn't it supposed to be Prison HYPHEN ARCHITECT?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #281 on: October 01, 2012, 08:53:00 am »

I've been doing the small prison and have had more than enough money for 2 cooks, 2 guards and a warden as well as a shower, holding cell, kitchen/galley, common room, yard, utilities, and an office. Just been tweaking my designs. I haven't yet found a good arrangement for the bathroom and showers in the large holding cell to allow all of the prisoners to use them as they need.

Also its annoying that large water pipes can't seem to go under walls... am I missing something? I can put a small pipe through a wall.. bug?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 01, 2012, 09:06:19 am »

Apparently, you can build a large pipe and then build walls, but you cannot build a wall and then pipes.  I think this is a bug?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 01, 2012, 09:18:38 am »

Seems like it. At least electrical cable can do either.

I somewhat agree on keeping the tension, and sort of disagree. On the one hand, while cheating, yes, the game does get a little stale. It's not like DF where there's millions of non-combaty activities to pursue and deep character personalities. The threat of things really is what moves this game.

On the other hand, necessity forces you to make so many compromises that it kind of spoiled my fun a lil. It's hard to do anything creative, novel or different when you're staring down the barrel of prisoners overflowing your prison. And I can't conceive of building stuff in the prison only needing to rip it down later during a massive overhaul. In a sense that's quite realistic, but not necessarily fun to me.

So I hope all those save file configuration options get put up front when we start a sandbox game.

Unrelated, I got a shipment of prisoners and noticed that they hadn't moved for several hours from the bus. I check and there are two dead guards there and a prisoner with a long list of crimes and who is trying to escape (despite going no where.) Other than the obvious bugginess, I wonder if you occasionally get delivered some hardcore, badass prisoner who is likely to make trouble as soon as the bus reaches the prison.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:50:31 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 01, 2012, 09:28:52 am »

I think later you'll have plenty to do with your existing prisoners, what with gang dynamics and all, you won't want for overcrowding, you'll be busy enough dealing with shivs and drug lords already in place.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 107