Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 244698 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Prison Architect (v. a35) - Full release planned for October!
« Reply #1290 on: July 30, 2015, 09:00:26 pm »

How so?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: July 30, 2015, 09:05:39 pm »

They claim property that they have no real compelling reason for there to be ownership for, never mind them to own it. Then they charge people for the privilege of using something that was once free and overall still maintain that by doing so they're making it better (no violence).
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1292 on: July 30, 2015, 09:12:09 pm »

They are extorting money out of people in order to acquire weapons to fight other gangs and guards. I don't see the capitalism angle

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 30, 2015, 09:37:26 pm »

people staking claim over something and charging for it...very much so like capitalism...though more angled towards natural resources I suppose than most forms of capitalism

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1294 on: July 30, 2015, 09:44:31 pm »

I guess? Just having people selling things doesn't mean it's a statement about capitalism. Also in what capitalist system can you just bring in some thugs to a public park and charge admission? Is that a thing?

All of the industry is state owned. Is that a political state!ent?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: July 30, 2015, 09:45:21 pm »

I'm not seeing his point either.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: July 30, 2015, 10:16:25 pm »

I guess? Just having people selling things doesn't mean it's a statement about capitalism. Also in what capitalist system can you just bring in some thugs to a public park and charge admission? Is that a thing?

All of the industry is state owned. Is that a political state!ent?

Corporate America buys up oil and coal rights for pennies only to charge big bucks (gas taxes are insignificant compared to the pump price) to the consumer (oil companies get government subsides and make billions in pure profits quarterly, not counting the subsidies). They jockey for position with each other through lobbying. If they don't get their way when the public shows up then they get the police involved, to arrest average citizens. Some straight up buy police officers like the New York Stock Exchange does. They have private contracts with public servants. Corporations look at other countries to exploit and do much the same thing. The show of force and backing of powerful and sympathetic people allows takeovers to exist. So if the gangs could temporarily buy up guard contracts and have private meetings with the warden in order to contribute to the sheriff's election then it would truly be Capitalism.
"Hey, guard. Stand over there for 5 minutes. Don't worry. You didn't see anything."
*soldier kills rival*

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 31, 2015, 12:18:04 am »

Finger on throat means death!
#METAPHOR

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1298 on: July 31, 2015, 04:11:11 am »

It feels like people are seeing metaphors where they want them to be rather than any deliberate statement by the devs. I mean the same could be said for any game which has a mechanic involving acquiring and selling goods.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 31, 2015, 05:42:13 am »

I've tried to enable gangs on my old prison, but it doesnt seem to be working, how long does it usually take for gangs to show up? My prison is currently about half maxsec and half normal.

E:
NVM, the gangs have appeared.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:58:05 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: July 31, 2015, 08:20:30 am »

Le gangbangers have arrived.

The new update seems pretty neat, so I decided to redowload this, I played a bunch back in the , like in the 20's. So far it seems neat. Also I made a new cell design. It's inefficient, but looks fairly cool. Might upload that later.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1301 on: July 31, 2015, 08:36:09 am »

Honestly I am loving the new layers of gameplay that the gangs add

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 31, 2015, 08:56:13 am »

Gangs seem to be spreading REALLY slowly in my prison, which sort of sucks. Maybe I'm just impatient, though.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1303 on: July 31, 2015, 09:21:49 am »

Gangs seem to be spreading REALLY slowly in my prison, which sort of sucks. Maybe I'm just impatient, though.
It takes time. Only the gang leader can induct new members and it takes a lot of time for them to convince other prisoners to join. If the gang leader isn't in the prison yet, the only way to get new members is through intake which is also slow.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: July 31, 2015, 12:02:09 pm »

Slow is good for people that actually want to manage it...people that want chaos and !!FUN!! will just have to wait a bit...I am sure it will fester and grow out of control quick enough
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 107