Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trying to find a tileset  (Read 1220 times)

Moggers

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Trying to find a tileset
« on: September 25, 2012, 08:14:25 am »

There's a tileset I saw posted here a long time ago, it was a binary representation of the tiles and looked like an interesting challenge to use, however I can't for the life of me find it.
It would be really cool if someone could point me to it.

Thanks, Moggers

Trickman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
This is a plain text forum signature. All typedwarfship is of the finest quality. It menaces with sentences of plain text.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find a tileset
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 11:11:28 am »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/File:Yayo_tunur_1040x325.png

That one?
I think he means something like
100% transparency = 0
white pixel = 1
and each tile only has a cluster of pixels that spell out the number/position of the tile, or maybe the name of the symbol, or the ASCII code for the symbol or whatever in binary.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 12:34:53 pm »

The one that used to be in this thread could be the one you were looking for. You might be able to ask PTTG?? if he still has it.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Michael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 07:20:41 am »

I think he means something like
100% transparency = 0
white pixel = 1
and each tile only has a cluster of pixels that spell out the number/position of the tile, or maybe the name of the symbol, or the ASCII code for the symbol or whatever in binary.
I've never seen the original font mentioned, but it's trivial to make such a font out of whole cloth.

Here's my attempt:
ftp://talamasca.ocis.net/pub/michael/transient/maso_3x3.png

As one tiny concession to the eyeballs, the codes were XORed with 32 before conversion into a pixel pattern, thus giving the space character a code of 0.  Thus blank areas of the screen remain blank.

(Note: I don't intend to keep this file up forever -- that's what "transient" means.)

Moggers

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 02:15:26 am »

Ah, Michael, thank you, that's exacly what I'm looking for.
I'll have to do some playing around with it to get it to stop blurring, but I can probably figure that out myself.
Thank you so much.