Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: You Pizza Toppings!  (Read 5996 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: You Pizza Toppings!
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2012, 02:37:32 am »

Once, me and my brother heated up one of those crappy little microwave pizzas you find in the frozen food section, and literally just piled anything in the kitchen that could be considered even remotely tasty onto it. Candies, cereals, ice creams...I'm not quite sure why we were suddenly so eager to concoct a culinary abomination that looked like it had been swiped straight from the kitchen table of Shaggy and Scooby-Doo. What I am sure of is that, ever since that day, I've become willing to experiment with pretty much anything. Because I know that no matter what happens to make its way onto my pizza, it will never surpass the bizarre taste that permeated my mouth that day.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 02:39:05 am by King DZA »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2012, 02:39:34 am »

I'll be honest. Anything sugary on a pizza (cookie dough crust, ice cream on top) sounds disgusting. Unless it is specifically one of those dessert pizzas, without cheese or tomato sauce or anything.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2012, 02:59:18 am »

Kaijyuu: while I agree for the most part, it really depends on the flavors being added. Brown sugar can make tomato sauce taste amazing due to the molasses in the brown sugar. Though pineapple can taste very very weird if you aren't ready for it. I do like dessert pizzas though, it's about half my meal when I visit Cici's Pizza (yay for super cheap buffet pizza!)
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2012, 03:12:38 am »

After recently finding a pizza crust recipe that actually works reliably, i've been making pizza at least 1-2 times a week, i gemnerally add garlic, cracked pepper, rosemary and basil, extra olive oil and an assortment of seeds to my crust (sesame, linseed, Sunflower and almond meal, some rolled oats)
I usually make it about an inch thick. Hell it doesn't need topping at all.
But generally every pizza i make i'll simplify things by getting a container and putting most of the salad ingredients into it, mixing them around and shoving cheese on top.
My standard toppings are, Green and red capsicum, tomato (cherry tastes best especially home grown) mushroom, onion or schallot , and olives only if i don't have lots of salty meat ingredients.
Generally i add bacon, pepperoni and feta, then cover in mozzarella or real cheddar and a light sprinkling after it's done of good parmesan or pecarino.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2012, 03:18:01 am »

Cheese and mushrooms. Maybe onions.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2012, 03:34:35 am »

Anchovies, extra sauce, and occasionally a wee bit o' garlic is nice.

Entirely separate from that is an extra-cheesy pizza, preferably with one spicy cheese and then some stuff like swiss, provolone, and maybe gouda.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2012, 04:04:24 am »

Layers, in order, from the bottom up.
Note: I lace my marinara with hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, ground red pepper, white pepper, paprika and a tiny pinch of cinnamon.
  • Thin crust, with extra around the rim for stuffing with cheese and marinara
  • Smooth marinara sauce
  • Feta or Brie cheese, spread thin
  • Another thin layer of smooth marinara
  • Spicy meat crumbles (hot chorizo, hot italian sausage, buffalo chicken, etc,) Habanero jack crumbles
  • Another thin layer of sauce
  • A thin layer of provolone cheese and pepperoni
You'll probably have to eat this with a knife and fork, and you'll definitely need a few napkins. It's kind of like a flaming hot pizza lasagna.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2012, 05:45:40 am »

So, after recently deciding to become a vegetarian, I have realised the pizzas I used to eat are now forbidden. :(
Non-meat things I used to like on pizza include capsicum, green peppers, mushroom, pineapple, onion, lots of cheese, that kinda thing... Can anyone recommend me an awesome, vegetarian pizza recipe?

I dun' like olives, either. (I still eat fish sometimes, by the way. I couldn't go completely herbivore, and I feel little empathy for those weird slimy things that flop about in the water. :P)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2012, 06:01:51 am »

People might think i'm mad, but try legumes and nuts the protein and what not provides a similar flavour profile to the meaty pizzas you would be familiar with, while also providing protein.
I'm basically increasing my own intake of both, i won't go full vegetarian, but i'll be healthier and have a more interesting diet.
Since you didn't mention going vegan you can pretty much just put lots of cheese on it and it'll taste the same anyway.
I'm still trying to  determine a good vegan solution to cheese.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2012, 06:05:20 am »

Vegan food? *shudder*

Nope, I just don't like eating my fellow animals. I don't object if they provide me with milk etcetera out of the goodness of their hearts. :P ...Also, time to google legumes. I'm pretty sure my dad tried to persuade me to try them, once. Or perhaps it was my sister? I dunno.
Booze is Life for Yoink

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2012, 06:11:13 am »

Legumes = Peas, beans and lentils.
Soy is controvetial due to having high levels of hormones, white beans are fairly flavour neutral and a good meat substitute in alot of things, you can mash them and mix the paste with stuff like brown rice and almond meal and create something fairly versitile, add garlic, onions, and herbs and you've got a rather good tasting bu8rger.
edit: No commercial vegan or vegetarian meat substitute i have ever tasted was ever good, they're usually full of nothing but soy, tofu, peanuts and sometimes palm oil. All of which taste like ass (ok peanuts taste good, but they're too strong and make everything taste like peanut)
My nut of choice is macadamia which is bloody expencive, oh and you should try Avocados, they're loaded with fat and protien I'm sure you could do all kinds of things with them.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 06:15:00 am by MarcAFK »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2012, 06:13:11 am »

Ahh, I see. I feel dumb now. :-[
Not a fan of soy, but maybe I'll try some different beans. Not string beans, though- those damn things consistently make me all over the floor. Thanks for the ideas! :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2012, 07:48:05 am »

Ham, onions, mushrooms, bitches.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2012, 07:53:24 am »

Dude, eating dog is not cool. >:(
You should replace the last one with, I dunno beef or something at least.
Booze is Life for Yoink

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2012, 08:28:49 am »

--Mushrooms (the more kinds, the better)
--Sausage
--Ham
--Canadian Bacon
--Black Olives
--Barbecued Chicken chunks
--Extra Cheese (even though this is pure masochism on my part)

Because of the lactose-intolerance thing, I don't eat pizza a lot anymore. But when I do, I just shovel a fistful of enzyme pills in with it and pray to Lactasia, Goddess of the Dairy to have pity on me. She is a harsh mistress.  :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7