Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Faster Than Light: Roll to Jump  (Read 11279 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Faster Than Light: Roll to Jump
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2012, 03:14:52 pm »

Note: For flow purposes, I'm now doing many rolls as [ abbr ] tagged rolls - mouse over them to view them. For those who don't have the little dots show up, I'll also underline them.

Leo: Slash the enemies throat, Wrist, Stomach and anything else i can reach and keep slashing until he's a bloody heap on the floor
Spoiler: Roll to attack (click to show/hide)
You keep launch a full force attack at him, but he gracefully sidesteps at the last moment, your claw sinking into the panel that controls the shields. Electric current runs through your body, dealing a point of damage. The shield system itself is also broken now.
Leo has taken a point of damage.
The shield system as been damaged.

He uses this opportunity to launch his own attack, throwing an elbow at the back of your skull. You duck under the blow, throwing yourself back from the destroy control panel, before rushing him again.
Spoiler: Roll to attack (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Roll for damage (click to show/hide)
This time, you manage to connect, opening a wound from one shoulder to the bottom of his ribs on the other side, showing bone. He gasps in pain as he stumbles backwards, and you decide to gloat over your impending victory instead of pushing the attack - he staggers backwards through the doorway, falling into the next room (the medbay), and you move to follow.
Enemy soldier takes 4 damage!

Werty: Again! (Try to repair the medbay, be very careful, don't do anything stupid)
Spoiler: Roll (click to show/hide)
You fail to not do anything stupid. Now everything is on fire. Also, a soldier has stumbled into the room, and even though he fell onto his back immediately afterwards, he yells something and points his gun at you as he climbs to his feet.

Today is not a good day.
The medbay is on fire. Werty is standing in a burning room. Enemy soldier is standing in a burning room.

Eckmanis: Keep going (repair that o2!)
Despite the fact that your joints are burning with a need for oxygen, you jam the final batch of wires into place, tighten a few bolts, and pull the power lever. The system coughs, spurts a bit of liquid in a place that's supposed to be dry... and then springs to life, a gentle hum in the floor beneath your feet. You can't actually hear it, thanks to working in a near vacuum, but if you could it would be very reassuring... and there's even a briefest hint of a breeze. It will take at least a few minutes for the oxygen levels in here to begin building up to a reasonable level, though.
Eckmanics has repaired the o2 room! 1/5 experience to the next level! (Remember, rolling a natural 6 is an automatic +4 experience when repairing!)
You suffocate for 3 points of damage!

Spoiler: The Crew (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ship (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2012, 04:26:05 pm »

(( Man you need a new dice lol how many ones have I got now in this fight? ))

Charge into the boarder and knock him into the fire

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2012, 05:12:55 pm »

I'll need both remaining actions in the next two hours if people want a second turn today. ^_^

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2012, 06:34:17 pm »

"..."

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2012, 07:18:42 pm »

Aww, no Slug crew members?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2012, 10:33:31 am »

Anyone want to recommend a turn for Eckmanis?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2012, 10:37:19 am »

Anyone want to recommend a turn for Eckmanis?
Power up oxygen, get to medbay?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2012, 10:41:05 am »

Oxygen is powered up, so Medbay certainly seems like a decent next-target. He is damaged, after all.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2012, 10:45:06 am »

(( Who isn't lol? I got my arm shot off and they both almost suffocated. Btw can my arm be put back on in the med bay?))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2012, 11:13:04 am »

((Considering the circumstances, such as the medbay's current status as a flaming wreck... no.))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2012, 11:14:25 am »

((Considering the circumstances, such as the medbay's current status as a flaming wreck... no.))
At least the rockguy is immune to flames, right.

(( Who isn't lol? I got my arm shot off and they both almost suffocated. Btw can my arm be put back on in the med bay?))
Don't worry. Arm's grow back.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2012, 11:23:28 am »

(( If they can repair it? Or I guess once we reach the repair station I could get it done there I hope. But so far it's not going well lol.
Dead captain one almost dead crew member one half dead crew member and one 1/3 dead crew member missing an arm. ))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2012, 11:03:29 pm »

Eckmanis: Power up oxygen, get to medbay?
Heading into the next room, you notice the door to the weapons room hangs half open - and that the weapons room, too, is devoid of oxygen. Your joints burn, now, and your vision swims. You stumble, crashing to the floor, pulling yourself back up to your feet while unsteadily holding the wall. You're not going to make it to a room with oxygen. You just know it.
You suffocate for 4 damage!

Leo: Charge into the boarder and knock him into the fire
You charge into the medbay just as the boarder gets to his feet and aims his weapon unsteadily at your crewmate. Hitting him with the full force of your body, you knock him flying into the fire. He barely has time to react.
The enemy is on fire!
The enemy takes 2 points of fire damage!
You are currently suffering the ill effects of the fire - you will begin taking damage next turn if you do not leave the room.

Werty: RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
You flee forward, into the safety of the door systems room, then through it and the control room into the cockpit, a sudden rush of energy filling you, allowing you to momentarily pull yourself together. By the time you hide yourself under the pilots console, you're ragged again.

Spoiler: The Crew (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ship (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2012, 11:09:12 pm »

"Werty get in that chair and set course for the repair station right now the med bay is toast and I need to make sure nobody else has boarded the ship/

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:17:33 am by mesor »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 11, 2012, 05:46:40 am »

Move outside the room and watch to be sure my enemy is dead.

"Werty get in that chair and set course for the repair station right now the med bay is toast and I need to make sure nobody else has boarded the ship/
((They warped away.))

((Do I have a laser pistol or something of that kind? And if I open the medbay door a crack how long will it take the fire to spread?))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14