Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Faster Than Light: Roll to Jump  (Read 11295 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Faster Than Light: Roll to Jump
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2012, 07:05:17 am »

Theres 3 people 1 has to stay as a pilot leaving 2.
My character has a -2 to repairs so id be more likely to make it worse leaving 1 person to do repairs.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2012, 07:09:55 am »

Theres 3 people 1 has to stay as a pilot leaving 2.
My character has a -2 to repairs so id be more likely to make it worse leaving 1 person to do repairs.
Nope, what do you need a pilot for? You only need those during fights and when flying around, none of which are happening at the moment.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2012, 07:10:37 am »

(( I guess but risking 2 people for a repair when our med bay is non functional could cause problems. ))
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 07:12:18 am by mesor »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2012, 07:14:56 am »

(( I guess but risking 2 people for a repair when our med bay is non functional could cause problems. ))
As would risking an encounter with an enemy ship with no medbay, no oxygen and no missile launcher. Also, engines have a rather long charge)up time.

This is FTL, everything is going to result in your horrible death.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2012, 07:16:36 am »

(( hey thats just my vote im the combat guy its my job to vote for fighting :). Theres 2 other people who have yet to post there choice out of the 3 options but we could really use the extra part's and scrap from the ship once i blow a few holes in it ))

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2012, 09:20:08 am »

Eh someone else can take my spot in this, there are clearly some people who want it more  :P

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2012, 09:46:17 am »

Aww. I mean if you don't want to keep going, that's fine, but other people will get their turn. The max crew size is 8 and people WILL die. In fact, there is a 95% chance someone will die in the next three updates, and there will be plenty of opportunities to get in for those who want to, so if you want to play, play!

Plus your plan is perfectly reasonable. The introduction will probably only be about three scenes, so... more stuff will happen in a lil'bit.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2012, 09:47:34 am »

(( Knowing my luck ill be the one to die. ))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2012, 09:48:18 am »

((Go and live, people! I don't know the waitlist so I'll be idling here in voidspace.))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2012, 04:21:52 pm »

Anywho, if there are no changes, update will be up in... like an hour and a half? Two hours? Unless I spend way too much time writing, of course. :P

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2012, 05:04:25 pm »

(( Knowing my luck ill be the one to die. ))
Knowing my HP, and the fact im going into a vacuum, then its probably gonna be me :P

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2012, 07:38:24 pm »

Eckmanis: Stay in pilot room and prepare the jump when the engines come back alive.
'We have really got to get some drones on this ship!' You are beginning to panic, stomping around in a slow circle. 'Once those engines come back online I'm gona jump to the merchant beacon. Any objections?'

Leon's voice joins in agreement as he fiddles with some dials. "I concur. We should risk it with the merchant's beacon! We need spare parts, and should be a merchants ship, I will negotiate plasma directly into their vital systems before they become aware of our desire to do business! Then, we can take what we require at the most optimal of prices, and surplus can used as leverage in later negotiations on our travels!"

Captain Griffin sighed. "We're not shooting the merchants, no matter how much you hiss about it. But there seems to be general agreement... Werty, what's your take? And be quick about it, we're running low on air..."

Werty: Try to hold the oxygen long enough to get us to safety
Werty, in fact, was already on his way to the Oxygen station.
"Oh shit, I always knew I would go out with a bang, but not this big of one...." grumbled Werty under his breath, his skin pulsing brightly with worry. Activating his intercom, he decided to not bother commenting on the destination - rather, he'd deal with the issue at hand.  "I can try to fix it, or atleast leep it working until we get to the merchant. Keep it together out there, close the doors, and I'm gonna try to hold my breath"

"Careful out there, Werty. At the very least, I'm going to open up a couple rooms in that section with air and let it equalize after you take that first breath. It will still be far too thin to do you much good, and we're losing a bit of hair thanks to our shot hull integrity, but it might buy you a couple extra seconds."

"Thanks, Captain. Taking breath... now." You inhale deeply, wrapping yourself around the precious oxygen, holding it in your body as the door slides open and the chill threatens to steal it away. And then you're through, into the near vacuum, scrambling to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it.

Roll: 1

The damage is clear - a laser bolt came in through the ceiling, and melted it's way most of the way through the floor. The ship's reactive armor had already sealed the room, but the left side of the support system was all melty. You look closer... you're pretty sure it's the power regulator that's taken damage... Wait! Maybe you don't even need to fix it, per se... you step up, placing your hands against the exposed innards, and push your energy out of your body and into the systems. The machines grow warm, and there's a faint splutter as the monitors flicker to life.... and then there's pain, and deafening noise. Your breath is knocked from you as you're thrown against the room into the bulkhead, flames lighting the room and licking the ceiling, the life support shattered and in pieces. Werty takes (Roll: 5) damage, and begins suffocating. The fire isn't likely to be good for your health, either, and is crawling across the floor towards you.

Eckmanis' voice over the comms, "Capatain, what was that-" Griffin cut him off. "Leon, drop what you're doing, and get the hell back there. Grab Werty and bring him forward. Eckmanis, jump as soon as the systems charge."

Leon: Examine the missile system and attempt to prepare it to fire
You, meanwhile, have been busily tapping at the screen, trying to get the last of the weapons online.
Roll: 5 - 2 = 3
You're almost sure you've got it, when the Capain's voice comes over the loudspeaker with your new commands. You dash towards the door, when you hear the Captain curse under his breath. "Rebel Ship just jumped in, weapons and shields charging! Holy shit, it's the bloody Tapio's Beard! She followed us!"

Eckmanis:
Explosions. Danger. And now an enemy pursuer. You're all set to panic when the little light blinks on that means "Ready to start jump sequence".

Spoiler: The Crew (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ship (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 08:33:01 am by GlyphGryph »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2012, 08:03:34 pm »

"Negative my captain he remains conscious i will destroy our enemies with extreme prejudice."

Bring the weapons online and open fire on the enemy command center and attempt to destroy it. If it works request that we dont jump away and that the pilot get us into a blind spot then target the enemies weapons and shields.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:54:20 am by mesor »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2012, 06:19:25 am »

"shitshitshitshitshit!" Run to medbay!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2012, 06:20:49 am »

You are already there.

And then werty was the immortal universe-nomming demon.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14