Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Faster Than Light: Roll to Jump  (Read 11294 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Faster Than Light: Roll to Jump
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2012, 11:35:56 am »

(( Flintus you know what you have to do :P ))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2012, 11:41:14 am »

PTW
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2012, 05:15:04 pm »

Flintus hasn't responded, so the Captain will break the tie!

The Crimson Ghost it is.

Space.
Silent. A vast see of blackness, pierced with points of white light. There is nothing here - nothing of note, anyway. A small trading station, derelict since the war killed off business. The only sign of life the faint blinking of the warp beacon, still operational despite years of neglect.

But the beacon was unencrypted, and that is what was important.

There is a flash, and then chaos.

"We've got fires in aft-1 and 2. Who's on it?" yelled Griffin into his communicator. Lights flashed, indicating life support was failing in addition to the fires and hull damage.

"It's under control, cap. I'm on it." said Eckmanis as he lifted himself out the pilot seat and began making his way to the back of the ship.

"Nevermind, it will take too long. I'm going to vent the rooms. Hold on folks, things are about to get a bit thin - for continued lung operation please avoid traveling aft of the weapons station. Welty, how are those medbay repairs coming?" Griffin flipped a couple of switches, opening the back bay door and some interior doors to the enflamed rooms.  The air escaped like a jet into the blackness, a whisp all too quickly diffused, become one with the stellar dust.

The Zoltan looked down at the wires in his hand. The melty, melty wires. Should he put them back in the way they were, or...? "I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, sir."

"Fine, good, keep at it." Griffin sighed. "Leon, please tell me you've got good news. What's the status of the weapon systems?"
Leon twitched his mandibles, and tapped a couple keys on his keyboard. "Lasers are prepared to annihilate pursuers with extreme prejudice, my captain, but I fear the missiles remain craven, and work must still be done to work them into a fervor such that they ache for the hunt."
Griffin opened his mouth to respond, but then thought better of what he'd been about to say. He took a second, and shrugged. "Better than nothing, Leon, keep at it."

He flipped quickly through the cameras. The fire's were already going on, the hull was holding, and... oh god damn. The life support had been failing because THAT was one of the rooms that was on fire. And he'd just vented it's atmosphere into space. He swore under his breath... what where they going to do?

He glanced over his sensors, trying to get an idea of the options available to them - They could always jump again. Except that the engines would take a bit to charge up enough for that, and Oxygen was already running low. Still, one of the three beacons within range claimed to be a merchant and repair station, still active and functional.

He could close the doors, and send someone into the room. Could they figure out what was wrong and fix it in the time it took to hold their breath?

Maybe there was something else they could do. He turned the intercom on general broadcast: "We've got a failing Oxygen system in a room with no atmosphere. There's a potential merchant a jump out... or a pirate pretending to be a merchant. We could just send someone in. Anyone have any bright ideas?"

Spoiler: The Crew (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ship (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2012, 05:20:01 pm »

(( Well i wont be repairing anything so im a little bit useless for this turn :) ))

Examine the missile system and attempt to prepare it to fire and say to captain
" Recommend we risk it with the merchant's we need spare part's and if it is a merchant ship ill disable them before they know what hit them and we can take scrap to sell for additional recourses later."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:23:27 pm by mesor »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2012, 08:19:50 pm »

"Oh shit, I always knew I would go out with a bang, but not this big of one...." grumbled Werty "I can try to fix it, or atleast leep it working until we get to the merchant. Keep it together out there, close the doors, and I'm gonna try to hold my breath"

Try to hold the oxygen long enough to get us to safety

((/rage WHY DO YOU HATE ME ARGH STOP OUTVOTING!!!/rage))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2012, 08:20:45 pm »

(( Haha its obvious Werty.
Im just that kwl and your just well .... not. ))

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2012, 08:23:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't hate the player, hate the game
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 08:26:42 pm by werty892 »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2012, 11:37:48 pm »

((Sorry I keep missing these votes guys))

'We have really got to get some drones on this ship!' Eckmanis was beginning to panic, stomping around in a slow circle. 'Once those engines come back online I'm gona jump to the merchant beacon. Any objections?'

Stay in pilot room and prepare the jump when the engines come back alive.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:59:59 pm by Flintus10 »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2012, 11:45:19 pm »

(( The engines are active but the engine room has lost oxygen and it will take some time to spin up.

Our 3 options are to head to a nearby repair station but we have little to no money or recourses for trade.
Send somebody into the room to try and fix it manually.
Or theres what appears to be a merchant vessel 1 jump away that we could attack for part's or to try and steal.))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2012, 06:09:20 am »

((How about opening the internal doors to the oxygen system, so that the air from other rooms can enter there. Allowing you to fix it whitout being exposed to hard vacuum. Sure it'll drop the pressure in the rest of the ship, but not to dangerous levels.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2012, 06:21:37 am »

(( We have an oxygen leak and opening the ship to it would strain the ships systems to the point that they might overload. ))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2012, 06:48:13 am »

(( We have an oxygen leak and opening the ship to it would strain the ships systems to the point that they might overload. ))
You got no oxygen leak. You just vented the room to stop the fire, but said fire damaged the lifesupport before you could get to extinguishing them. If you close the exterior bay doors, and open the internal doors, the pressure should equalize, though the athmosphere might become quite thin if you don't hurry.

Besides, your lifesupport is already offline. There's nothing to overload.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2012, 06:49:48 am »

(( O fair enough but then opening it is even worse were losing a lot of the oxygen thats left in the portion of the ship we need most. ))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2012, 06:53:38 am »

(( O fair enough but then opening it is even worse were losing a lot of the oxygen thats left in the portion of the ship we need most. ))
Depends, it'll cut down on your oxygen reserves, but it'll allow you to try and fix the lifesupport without being exposed to vacuum.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2012, 06:56:26 am »

You have what, a single breach in a relatively small room?

There's worse, like anytime you vent half the air inside the ship in order to douse a fire. I say go for it, send in two people to fix it as quickly as possible. Medbay can fix them up quickly enough if they get out with about half their health.

Upon rechecking the map, there's no breach, just a failing O2 system. That's even better, since it means the air won't actually be drained as fast. The rest of the crew can fix medbay in the meanwhile.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 06:58:29 am by Darvi »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14