Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Faster Than Light: Roll to Jump  (Read 11291 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Faster Than Light: Roll to Jump
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2012, 06:48:26 pm »

Update ETA?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2012, 06:54:03 pm »

I was waiting for an action confirm from Flintus, but I guess I can assume he just starts the jump sequence.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2012, 08:50:25 pm »

Leo: Bring the weapons online and open fire on the enemy command center and attempt to destroy it. If it works request that we dont jump away and that the pilot get us into a blind spot then target the enemies weapons and shields.
Roll: 5
You disregard the order, rationalizing that new circumstances require a new course of action, and open fire with all your weapons. Which, currently, applies only to your laser. As the burst of energized plasma is flung from the ships weapon,  the captain comes on the intercom to yell about boarders. And then the world is pulled inside out, and you stagger for a moment after reality returns, the captain continuing with "-pare to ugh, well, I guess that doesn't -" before he is cut off - the sizzle of plasma, a few grunts, and then complete silence. Though the silence may have been a side effect of the door opening, dragging a good chunk of the oxygen out of the already thin atmosphere in the weapons room.

Werty: Run to medbay!
Roll: 3
You run. Or quickly stagger, anyways. Rather than hold your breath, it's now taking the bulk of your concentration simply to hold your body together. Wisps of green energy leak into the air, and you know your outline has grown fuzzy. You're barely hanging on. Just... the end of this hallway, now. And then you're there. The weapons room. A bit of air... but the trek across it seems to be taking forever.  Finally, finally, you reach for the door... and the worlds turns inside out. You collapse into the room, your body leaking badly, but at least there's a cool gasp, however momentary, of oxygen as it rushes past you.
Werty takes 1 damage from suffocation.
Werty is no longer suffocating

Eckmanis: Jump
Roll: 4
You flick the switch, the coordinates and details already set, and kick the jump sequence into action. Suddenly, the loudspeaker bursts to life, Griffin's voice sounding harried. "Boarder's, incoming! I repeat, pre"- and then the world turns inside out, and infinity stretches out before you. For a moment, you feel the caress of a blazing inferno and the chill of infinite void, and the gods touch upon your soul, and then the moment is passed. "-pare to ugh, well, I guess that doesn't -" and then there's a grunt and a sizzle and the intercom goes dead. But you're here... outside hangs a medium sized vessel, with the markings of a merchant. And then the sensors go dead, and the ship is blind.

Spoiler: The Crew (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ship (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:31:06 pm by GlyphGryph »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2012, 09:21:28 pm »

*gasp*holy*gasp*shit*gasp*

Rest

Edit:You forgot to update my location again :P
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:25:04 pm by werty892 »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2012, 03:23:10 am »

Target the merchant vessel but do not fire unless they attempt to bring there weapons systems to bear on us. If they do open fire on the center of the ship. Also shout out.

"Can somebody come and help Werty? I dont want to leave my station incase the merchants are hostile or the enemy ship follows us again

(( Btw how much damage did i actually do to the enemy ship? And more importantly did they manage to board the ship? ))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2012, 08:04:25 am »

(( Btw how much damage did i actually do to the enemy ship? And more importantly did they manage to board the ship? ))

What good questions.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2012, 09:09:37 am »

(( I do not like the sound of that. Do i have any weapon? Pistol or rifle? ))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2012, 10:08:04 am »

You have a hand laser.

You don't know if you did any damage, because you jumped before your burst hit. And you don't know if the boarders got through, because you're not in the sensor room, which has access to all the on-ship cameras.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2012, 12:23:30 pm »

(( Somebody should really go check. ))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2012, 04:02:14 pm »

Waiting on Flintus!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2012, 04:05:05 pm »

(( Hmm well going from the roll i got then i would of done a bit of damage to the enemy ship, shame we jumped away i could probably have knocked it out. ))

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2012, 08:18:32 am »

Bump, I say you auto Flintus, and if he does not post next turn make him have a "unfortunate accident" and have the first person on the waitlist to join the crew

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2012, 08:30:31 am »

I agree with werty.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2012, 08:39:32 am »

You guys can choose his action if you want. I already auto-ed him once.

Would anyone in the audience be willing to take over Eckmanis the rockman?

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2012, 09:06:40 am »

I say he Contacts the merchant shit and explains its a emergency and we need help.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14