Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Faster Than Light: Roll to Jump  (Read 11280 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Faster Than Light: Roll to Jump
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2012, 01:48:08 am »

Check the sections of the ship that have air for boarders, if I find any shoot first ask questions later, try to wound if possible.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2012, 09:13:24 am »

P.S. now is when I wished we had a crystal person, I will put there stats in a spoiler as they are a secret race

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pull self together, crawl/walk to medbay

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2012, 09:33:41 pm »

Eckmanis: Get to repairing the Oxygen Room
Spoiler: Roll (click to show/hide)
You get to repairing the life support systems. A lot of it is too damaged to fix without supplies - you'll not be getting espresso anytime soon - but you figure you can reroute around some parts. After all, the important bit is that you don't die. Amenities like moisture level controls can come later.
Repair of Life support is 1/3 complete
You suffocate for 1 damage!

Leo: Check the sections of the ship that have air for boarders, if I find any shoot first ask questions later, try to wound if possible.

You dash through the rooms, figuring you'll swing starboard to pass through the sensor room, hit the captains chair and double back. Nothing in the store area, nothing in the shield room, noth-holy gods of murder. You freeze, looking down for a moment at the body. Captain Griffin lies on the ground of the sensor room, several laser burns on his body.
Spoiler: Griffin'sRoll (click to show/hide)
The opposite door door of the sensor room is jammed open, blocked by the body of what you assume was one of the boarders, downed with a shot to the skull and chest. There's also scorch marks along the walls. It seems like Griffin didn't go down without a fight.

So focused are you on gathering in the details of what happened there that you don't here the door slide open behind you - or rather, you don't process it until it's too late to respond aggressively. You can attempt to duck away...
Spoiler: Roll to dodge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Damage (click to show/hide)
but it's not enough. The shot is good. You simply can't react fast enough. It doesn't do any lethal damage, but it cuts through the arm that was holding your pistol, and the singed limb drops helplessly to the ground as you let out a squeal of surprise and pain.
Leo takes 1 points of damage - 1 base in addition to BAD CONSEQUENCES.

Thinking quickly, you attempt to dive for the gun, trying to grab the blaster in your off-hand and get in a position to avoid a second shot from the assailant.
But, unfortunately, you only manage to trip over the Captain's corpse and kick the gun up and over the fallen enemy into the next room. Behind you, you make out the sound of the enemy human's pistol getting ready to fire again, and you can tell he's ducked back, hiding just around the corner of the doorframe, shielded by the bulkhead in case your attempt at retrieving your weapon had succeeded.

What do you do?

Werty: Pull self together, crawl/walk to medbay
Step. Step. Crawl, maybe. Crawling is good. You manage to barely pull yourself into the empty, thin-aired, and still broken medbay.

Spoiler: The Crew (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ship (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:50:42 am by GlyphGryph »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2012, 02:06:55 am »

Keep repairing, if this is not fixed soon were all totally dead anyway
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2012, 03:24:02 am »

Charge round the corner drive my knee into he's stomach then punch him in the neck as hard as possible
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 07:41:49 am by mesor »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2012, 06:29:39 am »

Try to repair the medbay, be very careful, dont do anything stupid

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2012, 09:09:53 am »

And again, IIRC, you forgot to move Werty into Medbay at the crew list :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 04, 2012, 10:18:16 am »

Debates snuck up on me - new turn tonight.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2012, 08:32:01 pm »

Eckmanis: Keep repairing, if this is not fixed soon were all totally dead anyway
You keep at it, repairing another point of damage. Bits and pieces from other parts go into your rerouting - the whole thing is looking like a terrible mess, but it's very nearly working - you'll really want to get get it fixed up properly once you stop in somewhere for repairs, of course. You wonder if the merchants are carrying anything that can help, and make a note to yourself to get on comms after this if no one else has dealt with it.
Repair of Life support is 2/3 complete
You suffocate for 2 damage!

Note to leo: I just realized our entire conversation about your bonuses was irrelevant because your character ability only ever provided a bonus to combat DAMAGE! Still, to not be completely unfair, I did change how your ability works. Rather than double your damage, it adds 2 to damage, and gives you +1 to attacking and dodging. Be happy with that.
Leo: Charge round the corner drive my knee into he's stomach then punch him in the neck as hard as possible
You dash towards him, deciding that without a weapon, closing if your only option. Your small knees are pretty weak, but you can certainly punch him in the neck with your remaining wrist.
Spoiler: Roll to attack (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Roll for damage (click to show/hide)
Shnickt! A glancing blow, not enough to do any real damage, but it still held enough power to send him staggering back, and you follow it up with a quick slash across his chest to press your advantage, tearing his shirt and leaving a line of blood across his chest. He was obviously unprepared for the vicious assault, but he's holding his own, and it doesn't stop him from aiming his pistol and firing.
Spoiler: Roll to Dodge (click to show/hide)
You almost manage to evade the blast - almost. Unfortunately, it still clips your torso as it passes by. At least it doesn't burn as much as your arm stump.
Spoiler: Roll for Damage (click to show/hide)
Enemy Soldier takes 2 damage!
Leo takes 1 damage!

Werty: Try to repair the medbay, be very careful, dont do anything stupid
You remain having absolutely no idea what you're doing with this thing. It's like the introductory turn all over again. The pain is NOT helping you concentrate, either.

Spoiler: The Crew (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ship (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:00:03 pm by GlyphGryph »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2012, 08:37:11 pm »

Slash the enemies throat, Wrist, Stomach and anything else i can reach and keep slashing until he's a bloody heap on the floor

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2012, 09:32:12 pm »

"Awww shit, what happened to my brain, I cant fucking remember how to repair anything" Said Werty

Again!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2012, 06:00:01 am »

Keep going
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2012, 11:38:29 am »

Bu bump ch!  ;D

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2012, 02:21:31 am »

Woops, thought I did this on Friday. Anyway, off to bed now, but day's off tomorrow, so I might even get in two updates. ;)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2012, 10:40:32 am »

ITSSS ALLLIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14