Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Faster Than Light: Roll to Jump  (Read 11283 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Faster Than Light: Roll to Jump
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2012, 09:08:18 am »

I say he Contacts the merchant shit and explains its a emergency and we need help.
Let's hope these exact words don't make it through the commlink. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2012, 09:23:22 am »

Haha yea I do too.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2012, 06:16:57 pm »

I will take over Ekmanis if no one else will, but I will say you should of had an Engi (plays the engi cruiser a-lot)

If i gain controll

Leave the con for now, there is no immediate threat, get into the O2 room as fast as possible to repair it

Rockmen get no penalty to repairs, have more HP to survive an O2less room and are immune to fire damage so it makes sense

Edit: also instead of manning weapons while there are no enemy ships mesor, why don't you take your mantis into the sensor room, chances are the enemy is a human which means you should kick his a** or if there is more than one guy there you're speed should mean you get out safely
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:41:13 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2012, 09:04:51 pm »

Wrote update, forgot I wrote it. Now it's gone. Probably for the best not to expect updates on weekends anyway, hah.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2012, 10:39:08 pm »

Im going to after we've talked with the merchants we cant guarantee that they wont attack us until we've spoken with them.
Or for that matter we don't know that they are not pirates yet.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2012, 11:14:03 pm »

Can I be waitlisted in the event that you guys get the chance to buy some crew?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2012, 04:26:43 pm »

Sure.

So it's looking like it's a definite go for update tonight, wooh. But not right now. And boy howdy do you guys need to not roll ones, I gotta tell you, you won't make it much longer at this rate...

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2012, 04:31:07 pm »

I could not get a 1 my only action was combat oriented :) thats why I am staying on weapons lol its safe.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2012, 05:49:16 pm »

Sorry. There isn't a waitlist in the OP. :P

Race: Human
Name: Jim Yul

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2012, 07:16:41 pm »

mesor - your bonus applies to personal combat - combat YOU are engaged in, not combat the ship is engaged in. That's just manning a station. That said...

Werty: Rest
Roll: 3
You catch your breath, mostly, but even here the air has grown quite thin. You get a hold of yourself, though, do your best to stop bits from floating off and dissipating... but you're still quite ill defined. You lean against the weapon console. Leo glances down at you, then begins typing things into the console. After a moments thought, he calls for someone to come in and help you, since he's busy.

Leo: Target the merchant vessel but do not fire unless they attempt to bring there weapons systems to bear on us. If they do open fire on the center of the ship.
Roll: 2

You type some information into the console, commands for the weapons, and then turn to call towards the bow "Can somebody come and help Werty? I don't want to leave my station incase the merchants are hostile or the enemy ship follows us again."

Meanwhile, the merchants have noticed you aiming and charging up your weapons, and have wisely decided to flee. You see a blur and a flash as they jump away.

Followed by Eckmanis striding into the room.

Eckmanis: Leave the con for now, there is no immediate threat, get into the O2 room as fast as possible to repair it
Roll: 4

You rush, though not terribly quickly, to the weapon room, and notice how much thinner the air has gotten already. Leo looks like he's doing something stupid, and Werty doesn't seem quite all there. Almost like one of them holograms. He still reaches out a hand, and in a faint voice begs you to help him.

"Calm down, kid, I'm busy. Leo, can you please go check the other rooms? The captain said something about boarders."

And then you take a deep breath, and dive in into the o2 room. The cold doesn't bother you, nor does what remains of the fire, barely surviving off the last gust of air and the air leaking from the processor. By the seven stone god of Kaldor, what the bloody hell happened in here? This is... well, no time to worry about it. You won't be able to survive in here forever. You quickly try pulling things together to see if this can be salvaged.
Ekmanis is no longer suffocating.

Spoiler: The Crew (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ship (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:10:16 pm by GlyphGryph »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2012, 09:08:16 pm »

Get to repairing the Oxygen Room
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2012, 09:16:29 pm »

Oh, also you're suffocating.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2012, 12:04:20 am »

I do know that, but I have more hp than anyone else here so I have the longest to try to fix it

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2012, 12:16:03 am »

I figured, but I forgot to add it until later. :P just wanted to be clear.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2012, 12:46:51 am »

P.S. now is when I wished we had a crystal person, I will put there stats in a spoiler as they are a secret race

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14