Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Trees, man.  (Read 35621 times)

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
  • From the depth of thy soul I cometh...
    • View Profile
Re: Trees, man.
« Reply #135 on: October 01, 2012, 07:49:11 am »

Strange, I don't recall Cain making Abel into a pair of pants or a trinket. D:

Well, it's all about us being the Cruel Player God and then shouting at the Game "I hear how his blood shouts to me from the mug you have made out of him!"

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2012, 08:03:24 am »

Moses was certainly a dwarf. Think to the episode of giant lice and the blood rain (and strange syndrome which appeared just after...)...

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2012, 08:26:17 am »

Maybe we can mod fruits that remove unhappy thougths from dwarves about being naked, and an apple tree that does the opposite... and have snakes climb trees and live in the apple tree...

You read too much fairy tales :)
Agreed.
But they're great sources of inspiration... :(

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2012, 01:52:10 pm »

But they're great sources of inspiration... :(
And recycled ideas :P

set

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 01, 2012, 03:39:04 pm »

[size=78%]We need a mod that makes people marry their siblings and begin with ADAM and EVE continuous to CAIN and ABEL and SET, and  having CAIN tantruming with ABEL locked into a room... or better, getting macabre mood...[/size]

You rang?

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2012, 04:59:31 pm »

[size=78%]We need a mod that makes people marry their siblings and begin with ADAM and EVE continuous to CAIN and ABEL and SET, and  having CAIN tantruming with ABEL locked into a room... or better, getting macabre mood...[/size]

You rang?

Curse you, Third Son of Adam and Eve! By my name, I curse you as the third son of the third son of Noah who is your descendant! (now, if anyone knows anything about religious fairy tale's they would know my last name at least :P)

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 02, 2012, 06:39:37 am »

You rang?

Curse you, Third Son of Adam and Eve! By my name, I curse you as the third son of the third son of Noah who is your descendant! (now, if anyone knows anything about religious fairy tale's they would know my last name at least :P )
wasn't there a SETH on the Christian fairy tales? also think there was another Seth in the Egyptian fairy tales, you know the dog faced mutant god of the underworld or something like that... maybe they are the same!!  :o

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 02, 2012, 06:47:36 am »

You rang?

Curse you, Third Son of Adam and Eve! By my name, I curse you as the third son of the third son of Noah who is your descendant! (now, if anyone knows anything about religious fairy tale's they would know my last name at least :P )
wasn't there a SETH on the Christian fairy tales? also think there was another Seth in the Egyptian fairy tales, you know the dog faced mutant god of the underworld or something like that... maybe they are the same!!  :o

"All of Adam and Eve's children were born as twins, but only Set was left alone", so maybe he killed his twin... But I write it SET because SETH reminds rather of the Egyptian one.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #143 on: October 02, 2012, 07:29:15 am »

...Weren't we talking about trees?

Bug prediction: Chestnuts are lethal because of their spikes. This is because the game does recognise the small contact area, but for some reason there's an extra zero or two behind the unit for the weight of the chestnut.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 02, 2012, 05:41:34 pm »

Thrown chestnuts.

I rest my case.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2012, 06:31:44 pm »

Thrown chestnuts.

I rest my case.

The spinning chestnut strikes the fiery Forgotten Beast in the head, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain and roasting the chestnut!

The chestnut has lodged firmly in the wound!
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

gbrngfol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2012, 07:30:56 pm »

Thrown chestnuts.

I rest my case.

The spinning chestnut strikes the fiery Forgotten Beast in the head, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain and roasting the chestnut!

The chestnut has lodged firmly in the wound!

Forgotten Beast has created a masterpiece.

<Gbrngfol checks stocks>

"How did that Masterwork chestnut biscuit get there?"
My computer breaks down regularly. Duct tape is starting to lose it's charm.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2012, 07:44:06 pm »

Well, in all seriousness, we know we can get trees to grow ITEMS, but not CREATURES.  That's important.  What I'd like to find out is if body parts count as ITEMS, as far as being created by a reaction (which is what growing fruits will be, essentially).

If you can get a tree that grows Badger Heads, Goblin Left Lower Arms and Moose Skins, Armok help you when the Necro comes to town!

The bones should be a trivial addition, however.  Which will make crafting really easy to stock up on.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2012, 09:33:43 pm »

Well, in all seriousness, we know we can get trees to grow ITEMS, but not CREATURES.  That's important.  What I'd like to find out is if body parts count as ITEMS, as far as being created by a reaction (which is what growing fruits will be, essentially).

If you can get a tree that grows Badger Heads, Goblin Left Lower Arms and Moose Skins, Armok help you when the Necro comes to town!

The bones should be a trivial addition, however.  Which will make crafting really easy to stock up on.

Yeah, that's the missing link between organics and inorganics.

I'd like to see the magic arc contain sentient weaponry and bridge this gap in other ways such as being able to syndrome a person into a would-be-inanimate object, that could be wielded and talked to. It would tell events in it's life or something.
Furthermore, while "were-Bronze Sword" is just asking to be a glitchy clusterf--k of love, this could be changed by adding new layers to "were" tags: permanent transformations into sentient objects or something

Back on subject, we aren't there in combining inanimates to living objects. Still, this could be a first step.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

gbrngfol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2012, 10:57:28 pm »

All I need to say about this is Admantine. Think about it.
My computer breaks down regularly. Duct tape is starting to lose it's charm.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15