Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: AMBUSH! ahh god one of thems a wearwolf  (Read 2968 times)

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
AMBUSH! ahh god one of thems a wearwolf
« on: September 23, 2012, 04:13:45 pm »

so this is a new one.   a group of goblins ambushed me as they do, all my archers are out in the field chasing down boars to make more training bolts, the goblins at my door, the only thing stoping them is 4 recruits in steel, and whats this? ones a wear wolf?! (might i add no notification for the wearwolf just the ambush).   Suddenly the wearwolf (a human actually) starts farting a mist, knocking out his goblin companions, and then proceeds to murderize them,   the were beast eventually just falls dead (no idea from what, as far as I can tell all goblins were unconscious and no dwarfs were near him) as far as I can tell, he changed back and his own farts killed him.
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: AMBUSH! ahh god one of thems a wearwolf
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 04:39:45 pm »

...?!

Are you sure it was a werewolf? I know that demons and night trolls will lead goblin forces sometimes, and they'd have powers like deadly mist-shooting, I think. Otherwise it's inexplicable ???
My wooden badge was delicious.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 05:09:46 pm »

From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 06:07:20 pm »

So sig-worthy. May I?

Also, yeah, I've never heard of were-things with syndromes attached to them. And if they do, I'm surprised they managed to keep it hidden for so long.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 08:38:37 pm »

Don't foget the part where he turns into a human and his farts kill him. Auto-Fartification.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 09:30:13 pm »

Perhaps it was actually a were-human, and its real form was a wolf thing that spewed a toxic gas?  This would explain all the events without anything odd(er than normal) having to happen.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 09:32:56 pm »

Perhaps it was actually a were-human, and its real form was a wolf thing that spewed a toxic gas?  This would explain all the events without anything odd(er than normal) having to happen.
A were-human? That would be the most-depressing ability ever. Why not turn into a sponge and air-drown then.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 09:49:15 pm »

Because werehumans can't turn into sponges.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 09:53:48 pm »

I was speaking sarcastically. Was that not obvious? Dear lord, I need to speak with my sister before she decides to tell her teachers to do their own homework for once.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 10:48:26 pm »

I was speaking sarcastically. Was that not obvious? Dear lord, I need to speak with my sister before she decides to tell her teachers to do their own homework for once.
I can't hear your voice. That would help.
Actually, no, it wouldn't, I'd take you seriously anyway.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 05:41:21 am »

There's only one way, check its name in legends.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 05:51:01 am »

"Twisted into ... form" is a description that applies to both demons (and FBs) and werebeasts. With deadly dust it can kill it's squad, and propel itself into obstackles, potentially killing it.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 10:34:07 am »

I know the used the term wearwolf but the description of defiantly said twisted into some type of lizzard, (I should have grabbed a screen shot).  What is likely is that it was a captured human that occasionally raid that just happened to be a demon or wear beast.

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 10:55:18 am »

So sig-worthy. May I?

Also, yeah, I've never heard of were-things with syndromes attached to them. And if they do, I'm surprised they managed to keep it hidden for so long.
Change the "it's" to an "its" and you're golden.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 12:19:41 pm »

I'm undergoing some manic asphyxiation here.

This just sounds so ridiculous. What biome are you in? An evil one? Could it be that the "deadly farts" was actually a roving cloud of deadly gas that the werewhatever was immune to up until it transformed back into a human and suddenly became very ill along with the goblins?

At least get us a screenshot of the aftermath of the thing.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: [1] 2