Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Your "bloodiest" adventure(s)!  (Read 2678 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Your "bloodiest" adventure(s)!
« on: September 23, 2012, 09:44:08 am »

And by the "bloodiest", I mean...
The ones in which you killed the most humanoid creatures. (including farmers, soap makers, lords and innocents alike).

Zuza Suttu (accents not included), midsummer of 250, the hamlet of Rightsroar.

Dankir Flayclaw the Solitary Teacher of Grooving*, the human outsider arrives to the hamlet and murdered 10 local people (including Soap Maker, the Miner and Carpenter) with the use of choking and stab-stab-stab in the head with his mighty large copper dagger. All in one house, over the course of one night.

This very short adventure ended when Dankir tried to assasinate another house next to it (since when farmers carry silver knives?).

I consider this a largely successful adventure despite its short course.
It's worth noting that I was playing as a peasant outsider (therefore very little skills, despite lowering the completely redundant ones ie. musicality) and I haven't gotten better results even as a very demigod.

Sure, I know that many of you have gotten much better results (vampires and stuff), but to my it was My Little Victory. (pun NOT intended, damnit!)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Your "bloodiest" adventure(s)!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 01:02:39 pm »

How do you gauge bloodiness? Is it in cruelty, viciousness, quantity or story?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 01:04:51 pm »

Presumably quantity, after all, one hundred men bleed more than one man, no matter how much you carve up the latter.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 01:06:31 pm »

In this case, in the amounts of kills of you (and your potential companions, should you have 'em).

TallAsAHouseDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 01:16:17 pm »

I recall going for a crazy rampage once, right at the start I started bashing in skulls of the villagers and after 400+ kills I went to the necromancer tower where my adventure ended.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 02:55:51 pm »

In this case, in the amounts of kills of you (and your potential companions, should you have 'em).
Well there was one adventurer. She set off with an axedwarf from the mountainhomes (Made Dwarves build cities on their mountains - no easy way down though), and after days of travel (-4 dead Giant eagles), she stumbled upon her first town. A goblin town.
Being the first Dwarf to set foot in that city, she decided she was going to liaise the crap out of it. So she talked to the mayor and-
I don't want to talk to you because I'm a racist goblin.
She killed the entire town with eagle guts in one hand and stolen goblin loot in the other. She died back to back with the Axedwarf after stumbling into the goblin marketplace - more commonly known as reinforcements.
She got over 160 kills, the Axedwarf got over 50.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 06:38:27 pm »

I can't remember the name of this adventurer, but he's certainly the bloodiest I've had.

After doing my standard bandit-and-wolf slaying, I was directed to a town to speak with the local leader. He turned out to be a "Deity", which is to say, a demon who had tricked the civilization into believing it was some god or another. I thought that if I killed it, the civilization would reward me for killing a demon. They didn't. I killed all the local soldiers, in the process getting nerve damage to a leg. I found a crutch and wandered outside. Into the market place. Full of civilians who had recently lost their fearless leader. I killed several through counterattacks, more through aimed attacks while trying to escape, and had my dodge up to ridiculous levels before night fell and they all went to sleep. I snuck out, but got spotted and killed by a stray cat.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 11:29:52 pm »

This one. Recovered the axe over three adventurers the last one had something like 3500 kills. That was a boring summer.

Rallan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 04:43:12 am »

I dunno what my highest overall total was, but I had an adventurer kill around 140 or 150 kobolds in a day. They had a camp at a cave entrance and it turned out to be kobolds all the way down. By the time I gave up and decided to beat a hasty retreat all my companions were dead or KO'd and I was continually falling over due to exhaustion (but otherwise unharmed). Then I got ambushed by goblins at night on the way back to civilization, and that was the anticlimactic end of that.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 04:47:26 am »

Zedku Justiceknife, born into a world of about 72 cities (including goblin and elf sites). When he was done, less than 12 remained. Only thing that killed him was me accidently pressing "give into starvation".
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 09:32:29 am »

Presumably quantity, after all, one hundred men bleed more than one man, no matter how much you carve up the latter.
No true; if you bleed a man slow enough, he'll bleed more than a 100 men killed quickly.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 10:04:34 am »

100 men contain significantly more blood than one man, no matter how you cut it.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 10:29:01 am »

100 men contain significantly more blood than one man, no matter how you cut it.
The problem is getting that blood out of the 100 men.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 10:31:17 am »

If you just, like, choke them to death and painfully torture the one man, then...
Whatever/

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 12:48:57 pm »

I've had some pretty crazy escapades of mass-murder in my time, with no clear ability to judge one as more violent and bloody than the next, so I'll just post those that I recall.

First, and quite a while ago, I was having some adventures and found myself in a tigerman town or whatever. I was testing whether it was really, truly impossible to depopulate a town, so I immediately set to work wiping out the population while they slept. All in all some 600 tigermen died by my hands, yet my site and pops file export showed only 150-200 or something like that as the total population, so I concluded correctly that it is completely impossible to depopulate a town since, I think, 31.17.

Even before that, in 40d; I chose to go all-out evil, and wiped out a civilization or two, because why not. I don't know how many I actually killed, but I know they STAYED DEAD, and therefore it is far more horrifying than anything I could do in recent versions. I and my companions picked a fight with some foreign civilization's demon leader and murdered the entire population of a town in one day and one night, because everybody kept trying to get to the inn, which we were trapped inside of, because everybody wanted to get into the inn!

Recently, however, I came upon a cave full o' kobolds, and being an idiot, got spotted right as I stepped into the vast horde at the bottom of the cave, where it meets the caverns. Being man of various magical disciplines, the fight was very one-sided even though I had shown up alone with little armor or notable combat skill. I cast fireball and lightning like nothing else, and used my shape-shifting to keep myself alive whenever I got injured. In the end, there were only ‼kobolds‼ and ‼bones‼. Of course the kobolds were rightfully pissed about it and chased me down repeatedly until I finally escaped their territory. Then the next cave over decided they hated me as well.

The best yet, was when I tried to get a legendary adventurer to commit suicide via marketplace brawl. I had gone on a rampage through a city and very, very brutally slaughtered dozens of people whilst sneaking from house to house. Unspeakable things were done to them. Then I came upon a market and decided to end it all here. Which didn't work. That adventurer had become so legendary in every profession that she just swam through the sea of peasant blood and produced more of it. They just kept coming from all sides for 20 minutes or so BUT THEY JUST KEPT DYING. In the end I'd slaughtered like 3 market districts full of merchants and dogs, and I just gave in to starvation...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: [1] 2