Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: You Are an Blue Wizard!  (Read 4322 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are an Wizard's Apprentice Fighting Pirates
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2012, 09:34:39 pm »

You are once more Kabul.

The fight is going badly. You've been stabbed twice now, and the captain has his whip around your neck. As you twist and struggle to get free, the world seems to dim, your head goes light and it feels as if this will be your end. But then, a miracle! That mysterious raven, the one which had freed you before, flies forth and presses a weapon into the hand you had been clutching at the whip-cum-garrote with. A long sharp dagger!

You quickly slice the whip away from your throat and lunge with the blade, stabbing it into your enemy directly through the ribcage. The captain is completely suprised and, with a twist of your dirk, falls to his feet, clutching his chest. His blood pools at your feet and you see around you that the fighting has spotted. Victory!

The ship is yours now. You slew the former captain and freed the slaves, so by common assent of the newly freed men and woman of the ship, this vessel is yours to command back to shore. You may be bleeding, you may be lost at sea, but you are free!

It's nearly midnight now and the raven had told you to go to the crows nest. What will you say to it?

>

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2012, 10:09:41 pm »

Agree to meet the crow. Tell the men that you will retreat to the crows nest to keep lookout for an island to call a home.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2012, 10:10:26 pm »

"One moment, mommy, need..." Then pass out, wake up, demand medical treatment, and head up to the crow's nest when feeling marginally better.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2012, 10:16:31 pm »

/\ lolwut

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2012, 01:59:10 am »

Agree to meet the crow. Tell the men that you will retreat to the crows nest to keep lookout for an island to call a home.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2012, 11:54:30 am »

also: the 'an' in the title is killing me.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2012, 11:12:40 pm »

Your briefly feel the urge to faint, but you press on anyways, not wanting to undermine your apparent heroism in front of the crew. Instead, you inform them that you'll be going up into the crows nest to have a look around. They agree that this is a good idea, since none of them know much about sailing. You refrain from mentioning that you don't either.

After a long and painful trip up the rigging, you finally make it to the crows nest. There are no ravens to be found, nor any birds at all. Not even a seagull. Instead, there is an elderly man with a bushy white beard dressed in a long blue robe and a bizzare cloak made out of a mix of leather, furs, dangling feathers and what appears to be scales of some sort. He speaks with the same voice as that of the raven from before:

"Hello, Kabul. Yes, I know your name. Wizards know many things and the dead know still more. I am both: the ghost of the Blue Wizard Randoff, dead for three days and returned to the realm of the living to instruct you in becoming my apprentice."

For the next few hours, you are instructed in the very basics of magic:

There are about a hundred "orders" of wizardry left in the world, passed on from master to apprentice just as Randoff is passing his magic on to you now. As Randoff's apprentice, you are to become the next blue wizard and take up his duties as the wizard of of Wizard's Rock a few miles south of here, where a previous blue wizard set up house in an ancient lighthouse offshore.

Each wizard, including you now, gets to cast 42 spells during their life. Nobody can get more spells, nor can they lose spells without casting them. Casting a spell is as simple as thinking what you want and saying the magic word. The spells are as follows:

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

Finally, after a long and rambling disseration about how magic works, the elderly wizard gives you a silver ring, saying that you'll need it to get into the tower, and instructions as to where to find the tower and where to find the graveyard to bury him once you get there.

Now would be a good time to ask any questions you might have. The sun will be up in an hour, so you have time for about three.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 06:27:17 am »

Wait, so...42 spells? Don't panic.

In-character, ask what it means to lose the ability to make one of the seven notes, and if any of the spells can be re-cast like the transformations can.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 06:40:07 am »

Musical notes. A, B, C, D, E, F & G. Once you've cast an illusion, you end up coughing violently when you try to sing a lost musical note or play them on a woodwind instrument, while string instruments have their strings snap when you try to play the lost notes on those.

Transformations are not cast more than once. It's a single casting of a single spell that permanently enchants a cloak to do what you want. Cursed objects and illusions are likewise permanent with a single spell.

You have one question left. The sun is peaking over the horizon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2012, 07:01:07 am »

I knew the musical notes.

Is it just when you sing, or does casting all seven illusions make you mute?
Sig

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2012, 07:09:08 am »

Just when you sing or play a musical instrument.

((I'm not counting this one, because someone else might want a chance.))

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2012, 07:55:56 am »

What is my Job as Blue Wizard?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2012, 12:36:54 pm »

"As the Blue Wizard, you have only two actual duties that you're absolutely required to do:
-Bury the former Blue Wizard in the graveyard on Wizard's Rock. If you don't do this, I will haunt you until you do. Seeing as I can turn into a ghost shark and maul you, this is significantly worse than your usual chain rattling sort of haunting.
-Pass on your magic to an apprentice once you die.

However, you're also expected to do a few other things which will upset the people living around Wizard's Rock if you fail to do them:
-Keep the lighthouse at Wizard's Rock lit at all times.
-Keep the Bay of Sharks free of sharks. It's only called that now because of tradition; the first Blue Wizard to settle there drove the sharks out ages ago.
-Maintain Wizard's Rock as neutral ground between the feuding kingdoms of Tarsia and Shelth.
-Officiate the royal weddings, coronations and funerals for the kingdoms of Tarsia and Shelth.

You're also entitled to a spot on the royal council of either kingdom, but I personally recomend that you refuse, as both kings will want you to do magic for them."

And that is the last of your three questions. The dawn has come and Randoff the Blue can aid you no longer; he must return to the realm of the dead.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5