Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: You Are an Blue Wizard!  (Read 4319 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You Are an Blue Wizard!
« on: September 22, 2012, 07:02:59 pm »

Magic has long faded from the earth, waning away to next to nothing. All that remains of the once unlimited arts of long lost Atlantis are a few mysterious artifacts, a unified language across the realm and, of course, the race of wizards. Unlike the ancient sorcerers of old, the wizards of this world are limited both in their reach and their span. Each is mortal, living no longer than any other man, and of sharply limited powers, only having two score and two spells for all their lives, no more and no less. Thirteen curses, eleven transformations, seven glamours, five divinations, three prophecies, two acts of healing and a single spell to open the gates of Hades one last time.

You are, or rather were, one such wizard. On one dark and lonesome night, an apparition appeared before you, whispering in your ear the secrets of magic and ever since you've been a wizard. Since then you've lived a long successful life full of intrigue, wonder and magic, but now you've cast your final spell and your powers have left you. The halls of the dead have opened briefly to allow your passage, for a single night on the winter solstice, that you might impart your knowledge of magic in some lucky soul who shall replace you as a wizard. But who to choose...

(Give a brief description of your apprentice. Include their name, location, profession and anything else that you feel is important in deciding who to pick.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:13:13 pm by Grek »

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Dead Wizard
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 08:34:06 pm »

We will pass our powers onto...

Name: Kaul Drathan
Profession: Slave

...who will rise from lowly slave to evil emperor with due time.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 08:35:02 pm »

We will pass our powers onto...

Name: Kaul Drathan
Profession: Slave

...who will rise from lowly slave to evil emperor with due time.
Rad.
Raggle Fraggle

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 09:25:23 pm »

I agree.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 09:26:57 pm »

Kabul must have a thin face, a haughty demeanor, and be really intelligent, to top it off.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 09:37:18 pm »

PTP. Wooot!
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 09:40:15 pm »

Also, Kabul is missing four of the fingers from his left hand. He's learned how to work with a thumb and a hand-stump, but if he steps out of line once more...
(His masters aren't nice. Kabul's halfway surprised that his carriage isn't made of the bones of the slaves killed by his callousness.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 09:42:50 pm »

I hope there's a flesh-growing spell.
Sig! Onol

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Kabul Drathan
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 09:44:18 pm »

As you pass through the gates of the dead, you assume the form of a raven and fly towards the sea. You know instinctively that there is where your apprentice will be found. Swift as the north wind and silent as the grave, you pass across the swamps and mountains that surround the entrance into hades, never tiring until your corvid eyes fall upon a ship plying the waters of the Bay of Sharks.

The ship is one of pale wood and black sails flying the flag of Tarsia, one of the more prosperous cities along the shore. It is a merchant vessel, by the looks of it, and deep inside you find your apprentice, pale, thin-faced and chained to a row, pushing the ship along. One of his hands is badly manged. Despite his condition his spirit remains unbroken and a hard, almost haughty look can be seen in his eyes.

You are now Kabul Drathan, galley slave. There is a bird in front of you, but it might be a hallucination brought on from thirst. What do you do?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 09:45:46 pm »

Rasp at the bird, asking for water.
I'm delerious. Maybe if I'm vocally delerious, I'll get medical leave. Or death, that can't be much worse than this.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 09:46:45 pm »

I'm delerious. Maybe if I'm vocally delerious, I'll get medical leave. Or death, that can't be much worse than this.
Also consider how to kill and eat it.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 09:47:18 pm »

Also consider how to kill and eat it.
Agreed. Wait to see if it brings us water first, though. Water's more important...
Sig

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 09:47:33 pm »

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 10:21:32 pm »

You rasp at the bird. It looks delicious (everything looks delicious at this point) but you want water even more. Nobody else seems to hear you, but unlike your other hallucinations, the bird actually responds by bobbing its head and flying away. Your heart sinks for a moment, certain the bird has fled, but then it returns. It is holding the key to your chains in its talons! It says, "Here." Your hallucinations often talk to you, so you take it in stride.

Not believing your luck, you grab the keys and release yourself. As you stand, the others look to you, suddenly realizing that you've gotten ahold of the keys. The guard isn't down here at this hour, and the drummer is up on deck. You have time to get some water, but if you want to keep your new-found freedom, you'll have to think fast.

The bird is currently sitting on your shoulder. The other slaves are begging for you to release them. You have 10 minutes. What now?
>

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are an Escaped Galley Slave?
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 10:29:46 pm »

Get water. Release slaves. Ask bird for food while doing the first two.
Sig
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5