Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The Good Earth - An Apothecary RtD - Day Two  (Read 6328 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Earth - An Apothecary RtD (Still accepting)
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2012, 11:46:44 am »

Name: Conrad J. Dandyhosen II
Bio: The eldest (indeed, only) son of wealthy aristocrats, Conrad never had much interest in the day to day affairs of running the family estate. Instead, he spent his non-partying hours performing private experiments about the natural world, becoming increasingly fascinated with the strange herbs native to Erista. Recently, Conrad's father cut off his allowance in an attempt to force Conrad to make something respectable of himself, but Conrad has resolved to move out on his own and become a world-renowned apothecary!
Cash: 13 silver
Herbs: Base Herb x10 (10 silver,) Pott's Herb x6 (12 silver,)
Fertilizer: Quack Mage's Fertilizing Elixer x5 (15 silver)

Is it safe to assume we can only make a single potion per turn? What's the time step of a turn- 12 hours/1day/1week? And how much cash do I need on hand to cover rent?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2012, 11:49:49 am »

((Time goes by days. There are a set number of actions that can be done in any one day.

And Caellath is busy busy busy in the IRC because of all this.  :P

Hai monk.))

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2012, 11:59:59 am »

((Oh hai Tiruin. Hope I didn't miss the boat, although it would hardly be the worst thing to observe an interesting thing like this. Amazing the things you find when poking around for a neglected game... *cough*))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2012, 12:02:58 pm »

((All your questions shall be answered in the FAQ section of the OP, as soon as I ask Sky some questions myself.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2012, 03:24:09 pm »

Is growing herb's exponential? So i plant 1 i grow 1. I plant 2 i grow 2.I plant 3 i grow 3 and so on?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2012, 03:28:24 pm »

PTw
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2012, 04:35:16 pm »

Is growing herb's exponential? So i plant 1 i grow 1. I plant 2 i grow 2.I plant 3 i grow 3 and so on?
I'd assume not, but this is a good question. Only one herb per plot, or one type of herb?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2012, 05:06:39 pm »

I'd assumed it was a Minecraft type thing, where you plant one and then harvest a random number, with fertilizer etc increasing the yield.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2012, 07:27:09 pm »

I'd assumed it was a Minecraft type thing, where you plant one and then harvest a random number, with fertilizer etc increasing the yield.
There is a random generation for the number of herbs you collect with a successful harvest. The fertilizers, however, have mostly hidden information.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Earth - An Apothecary RtD (Spots Taken)
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2012, 08:26:26 pm »

The fertilizers, however, have mostly hidden information.
Khaaaaaaaaa Caellaaaaaaaaath!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2012, 08:29:52 pm »

I like this game already  :D Scientific method, ho!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2012, 08:34:37 pm »

Current roster formed, Waitlist set.

Khaaaaaaaaa Caellaaaaaaaaath!
:P
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2012, 11:04:17 pm »

Breeze of a new beginning - Day One

It is morning. The sun shines down on the small, modest cabins that were gracefully "lent" to you for as long as you keep renting the patches and the lab. The day seems a pleasant one, with butterflies flying near your window and small birds perched on trees chirping happily and occasionally erupting in songs of mirth. Some of them pretty boring, if you're not into that kind of thing.

Life seems brighter than usual and the scent that permeates the air carries the promise of a good day. Of course, none of your patches has any plants on it, so it is about time to perk, up roll up sleeves and start to work hard. Rent will be collected by Day 30, and if you don't have enough silver coins to pay at least for the lab and one patch of land, you are certainly as good as totally broke and will be cheerfully kicked out of the owner's lands.

Tough luck. Now go on to work and try to forget what will happen if you fail and concentrate on the good things that may happen if you are successful.

All of you have two actions for the day. Make them worth it and remember you can actually spend one action trying to gather information around the town. You probably won't get too much due to the fact apothecaries like to keep secrecy about everything that has to do with their business, but you can always try.

Fetching herbs in the wild is also an option to raise your amount of herbs, although the wild may turn out to be a high-risk, high-reward bet for those who try it. If you head in there, remember to specify either you want to run away from threats, study them or fight them. Running away is highly advised.
>Yes?

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Earth - An Apothecary RtD - Day One
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2012, 11:39:13 pm »

For my first action, I am gonna look for prices in hiring a mage and buying a sword.
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2012, 11:47:52 pm »

((Introduction Turn One Style, Ho~!))

It was a beautiful day: sunny, warm and welcoming. After the introductions to the rest, Rhea couldn't wait to begin trying out these new species of herbs. They had curious names, unheard off where she came from. It was to be a new step in a different path.

"Greetings neighbor! We're all in this together!"

>Search for any information regarding herbs, their uses and growth rates. If possible, include any known formulas regarding their compatibility with each other. Eg, a book on these things.

>Combine a Base Herb and a Tongberry -- Potionification, Ho!

Spoiler: Rhea Thain (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 01:47:32 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5