Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The Good Earth - An Apothecary RtD - Day Two  (Read 6322 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Earth - An Apothecary RtD - Day One
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2012, 11:55:23 pm »

Fella stretched contentedly in the morning light. Nature was happy today, and that was good for everyone.

Humming along with the birds, she cheerfully bounced outside, surveying her plots. First priorities... oh, say Incandescent and Green Langtern. Spark Herb sounded a bit on the testy side anyway.

"Greetings to you too!" she responded to her neighbor. It was nice to have cheerful company.

Plant Incandescent Herb and Green Langtern.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2012, 01:17:19 am »

"Good day to you too!" Azundle had always been taught to be kind and friendly. Besides, having cheerful friends was the first step to success!

>Test a Balloon Fruit
>Test a Pott's Herb
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2012, 06:45:32 am »

> Plant Wing herb
> Find any traders which could have possible requests.
Durrr..

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2012, 09:24:46 am »

Day 1's actions

Irideth Hellspawn 2 searches high and low, but only finds that most mages, be they fire aspect, earth aspect, or any aspect at all, are in the Guild of Magic and Mages. When he presents himself at the reception counter, they ignore him.
Dejectedly, he listens to the gossip in the streets, and learns that also means they cost well over a   gold coin a day to hire. Of course, there are those quack mages, but they don't really laud themselves as mages, in fear of the hammer of Law that is wielded by the Guild. 6 He wanders and wanders and makes his way into the local nobles' blacksmith's shop. He finds a ☼ Flaming Flamberge ☼, but it costs 1017 silver coins. The blacksmith kindly informs him that that's the on sale price. However, for your benefit, he draws and swings the sword around a bit. It leaves flaming trails in its wake, and seems to shiver like the flames of a bonfire at times, and flutter like that of a candle at others.
Irideth looks at his sad eight silver coins. He asks if there are any cheaper ones, but the man suddenly seems to have been struck deaf. Looking around, Irideth notices the various price tags are all four digits in silver coins or more.

Rhea Thain 6 As noon strikes, Rhea gathers up all the information she learned or read about that day:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rhea then mixes together a tongberry and a base herb. She gets one Unknown Potion 1.

Fella plants the Incandescent Herb and the Langtern.

Azundle cannot just test the herbs. D: Chewing uncooked herbs does nothing at all. Also, what is she going to test them on?

Shackras plants the wing herb. 6 He finds a ton of traders who want everything from mandrakes to bushels of base herbs to stacks of golden herbs to only the finest fire essence postions. What to do with these traders?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 07:56:54 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2012, 09:43:59 am »

The production may suffer problems or advantages due to randomness. There are some good tips though:
1- At first, try one herb at a time to check what each herb does, then try using multiple of the same one to check the effect.
2- It is good to have base herbs in your potion.
3- Better base-type herbs enhance your potion's power.

This is what I meant.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2012, 09:55:53 am »

Day 1's actions

Azundle takes both a Balloon Fruit and a Pott's Herb to the lab and works for the whole day, creating two potions: Balloon Fruit Potion and Pott's Herb Potion.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:34:37 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2012, 02:40:00 pm »

Plant Spark Herb, search for information around town.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2012, 04:11:47 pm »

"Animals...hmm, I wonder if they have any laws on t-

"Hey everyone! We need to test potions on animals to find out the effect, can we all work together on this?"

Search for any laws regarding animal testing in the area including the local areas where I can find animals.

Search for information regarding fertilizer, and on the 'time limit' regarding such -- if using it now won't waste it's potency for later (as in I use the fertilizer in a day, then plant later...will the plants still benefit or...?)

Spoiler: Rhea Thain (click to show/hide)
((Doing this ala Sky Tower. Quoting yer own sheet is a GREAT help here, for everyone.))

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2012, 06:37:15 pm »

1. Try and find my tome on the properties of golden herb.
2. Plant golden herb.
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2012, 09:27:45 pm »

((Edited my post to add ansontan2000's action, because monk hasn't posted until now.

monk, post time.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Earth - An Apothecary RtD (Still accepting)
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2012, 10:10:19 pm »

Day 1

Conrad rises with the sun, breathing the free air on this glorious day. Heading out to his nearest patch, he spends his morning planting it with Pott's Herb. Bolstered by the fulfilling work (even if it is more strenuous than what he is used to,) Conrad then grabs his notebook and heads to the lab, brewing a weak potion with one of his Base Herbs.

-1 Pott's Herb
-1 Base Herb

Brief question on fertilizer- I can apply that as part of a planting action, yes? It doesn't require its own action?

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2012, 01:52:53 am »

Shackras was amazed by the amount of traders he found. But he couldn't get the wing herb and balloon herb out of his head, something told him that they had flying properties but he had no way to test it. yet.... But flying is not an easy task, so i assume that my herbs have to be stronger! I should throw some Alchemy mix on my wing herb, to increase it potency!
However i also need to know what the balloon herb does, so I'll brew up a potion.

>Fertilize the wing herb with my mix
> Mix Baloon herb and base herb

« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 01:58:22 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2012, 04:38:58 am »

>Go around town, finding out what these potions will do.
>Plant a base herb.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2012, 10:48:39 pm »

Day 2's actions

Irideth Hellspawn 4 tries and finds his tome, which apparently contains information about the Golden Herb, even if a little vague. Apparently, it is also a base herb, of a higher tier than the more common Base Herb.

He then plants one unit of golden herb in one of his patches.

Rhea Thain 4 discovers that animal testing is technically legal, but there is much protest about it from associations of nature-attuned Druids, who do not want even guinea pigs to be sacrificed in the name of science. As a reflex, the Market Street has both small live animals for testing and small voodoo doll-like magic dummies that suffer the effects of the potions the same way a living animal would.

1 She then tries to research about fertilizers, and discovers that they are great for your hair and teeth, and make your skin feel softer too! They are the dream of every young woman who cares about her appearance. :D

Fella plants a Spark Herb, then (generically) searches for information around town.
1 After spending roughly half her day walking around, she discovers that males apparently like female fauns. She catches some men ogling her as well as some impolite whistling and general unsavory comments from a mercenary on the other side of the street. 5 Someone who seems another mercenary nonchalantly walks to him and knocks him out cold with a punch before walking off.

Azundle 5 wanders around town, asking about. A kind-looking old lady tells her that the Pott's herb tends to make plants grow faster, while the balloon fruit explodes when given shock with a burst of air, not fire.
She also plants base herbs. The next morning, they are fully grown.

Shackras fertilizes the patch with the wing herb planted with a Alchemy Guild Normal Mix. He then mixes a balloon fruit and a base herb, creating Unknown Potion 2.

Day 1's action for Conrad

Conrad plants one of his patches with Pott's herb. He then brews a Base Herb's Potion.

Status of the patches

Irideth's Golden Herb is about half grown, with its characteristic gilded-looking leaves about to unfurl. It is 1/2 days grown.

Shackras's Wing Herb is dying, for some reason: though it is 2/3 grown, it looks too small compared to the size it should be. Overall, it is wilting and yellowing.

Fella's Green Langtern is doing well. It is halfway grown, exhibiting the deep green leaves it has, with seven to thirteen leaflets on each stem. Her Incandescent Herb is finished growing: two batches of it can be collected if she chooses to. The herb has a circle of green supporting leaves close to the floor, then a tightly spiralled red leaf "stalk" nested in it. Her Spark Herb is 1/2 days through. It doesn't have static electricity surrounding it as it should have. That is rather worrying.

Azundle has 5 batches of green Base Herb in her patch.

Rhea didn't plant anything :c

Conrad has planted a Pott's Herb. It looks like there is three bunches' worth of it, and it is 1/2 through growing.

Link to character sheets: Google Docs.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:52:33 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Earth - An Apothecary RtD - Day Two
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2012, 11:52:02 pm »

Day 2

Plant Base Herb, quaff (or otherwise test) Base Herb Potion!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5