Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Vesohin | Last chance before the death of the thread  (Read 2727 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Vesohin: The First Campaign of an Unnamed Pen 'n Paper RPG
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 05:20:55 pm »

I'm interested, but not on the computer right now, wo for now I'm just posting to follow until later.

Also, Max0, but me on that list too. Alpha testing as well, or anything :P
Love, scriver~

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 05:32:50 pm »

I don't want a mobile preview, Mr. Mediafire, I want something that doesn't look like HTML code.
Are you supposed to not be able to download it or...do I just not get Mediafire?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2012, 05:37:50 pm »

Are you on a phone? Try looking at it on a computer; there's a button on the top right that says 'Download'.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2012, 06:17:08 pm »

Technically a tablet. I'll see if I can get the rules next time I get on a computer.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2012, 08:07:06 pm »

Okay, added a little bit of world information, though it isn't anywhere near all up yet. There's a map, though, and a little bit of terrain information. The characters will all be starting in the capital city of Denrielic.

Also, the character creation steps from a few posts back are also recorded in the OP for posterity.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2012, 08:28:39 pm »

Thanks for the info on char creation. That plugs up the gaps in my knowledge I think, I will start on a char creation. One thing, you mentioned this is a fantasy world right? I was wondering what player races, if any, there are, because the rules mentioned races might have a impact on game play with certain bonuses and maluses.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2012, 08:36:47 pm »

Thanks for the info on char creation. That plugs up the gaps in my knowledge I think, I will start on a char creation. One thing, you mentioned this is a fantasy world right? I was wondering what player races, if any, there are, because the rules mentioned races might have a impact on game play with certain bonuses and maluses.

This is a fantasy world, but it starts off low. Humans are the only starting race (they don't have any bonuses or penalties), but there are bloodlines your characters can choose from that will come into play later in the campaign. For now just use the default stuff; I'll add the bloodlines to the world info either tonight or tomorrow.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2012, 09:18:19 pm »

I shall work on backstory and items later, but for now here is a char.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 03:07:38 pm »

I shall work on backstory and items later, but for now here is a char.

Looks good so far!

More information about the game world has been added, including a blurb about the general climate of the setting and a few plot points. I also changed the map a little bit to make it easier to see the actual world, as opposed to just the roads and cities.

So, we have one person with a mostly working character. Anyone else interested in joining? I'm hoping for at least a group of five.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2012, 03:38:02 pm »

I'm interested, will probably get around to building a character tomorrow.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vesohin | 1/6 spots filled
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 09:53:06 pm »

*Poke*

There are five spots open, if anybody wants to try out the game.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2012, 10:04:28 pm »

Ahhh hell i aint played DnD in 10 years be a nice change.
Gimme 20 mins and ill have a char up.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2012, 11:00:18 pm »

Some bits in there im not entirely sure how to fill out focus power , backlash. Scenario/Vocation skills.
Also is the wolf companion ok?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 02:55:23 am by mesor »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2012, 11:21:18 pm »

Vocational skills aren't really that useful; imagine Craft() or Profession() from DnD. Focus power and backlash are both magic-related, which I don't think is relevant to your character. I'll figure out how a pet would work rules-wise before the game starts, so you'll be okay on that. You'll most likely have to move some skill points around to whatever skill will be added involving animals, though.

A couple of things: I think you've spent 2 attribute points too many; I counted 32 spent. You can only have one class, and it isn't changeable later in the game, so you'll have to decide between Ranger and Archer. While archer is one of the... I think three sub-specs I haven't written up yet, I can tell you now that it'll just be a bonus to archery and other ranged attacks, as opposed to the Ranger's more outdoorsy bonuses. The final problem is your bow; remember that magic is moderately rare in this setting, and (in the entire game) it isn't like DnD's system of nearly automated spells. Enchanted items are going to be pretty much absent unless there's a wizard in your party.

As for the gifts and flaws, those will work fine. I'll translate them into game terms tomorrow. I think I forgot to mention that the limit for gifts and flaws is two each, which is fine for you as you only put two down.

Ideals and weaknesses are an opportunity to flesh out your character, so try to go into a little more detail. You get experience for roleplaying, so the more I know about Leon and Rargash, the more precious, precious exp I can hand out.

In accordance with the emphasis on roleplaying (I figure it'd be good to state this clearly now), please try to be good roleplayers during the sessions; that is, reasoned decisions, proper grammar when talking, and basically not thinking of this like an OotS fan comic.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vesohin | 2/6 spots filled
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2012, 11:35:40 pm »

I'll probably post a char in half a day from now~
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 [2] 3