Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How to deal with extra armour racks?  (Read 2035 times)

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
How to deal with extra armour racks?
« on: September 20, 2012, 06:11:19 pm »

So I was having my obsidian and microline made into blocks, and after a while i tried to build a wall to protect from ambushes, as my bone carver had just made an artifact, i found that i had barely any blocks. Confused, I checked one of my 3 mason workshops, and found that i had accidentally ordered them to make armourracks on repeat! :( .  So, does anyone know what i can do with a couple of dozens of obsisdian, microline, a silt armourstands? Can they be sold or something? Any advice would be appreciated. :)
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Captain Willy

• Bay Watcher
  • I like rum.
    • View Profile
Re: How to deal with extra armour racks?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 06:16:33 pm »

Anything can be sold.

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 06:16:59 pm »

Make minecart shotguns. Use the armor racks as ammo in the carts.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 06:22:29 pm »

Thanks :D :D. Im glad I caught it before I used up all my obsidian. Now I'll have to mine out more anyway, but not as much as I otherwise would have. Any ideas what I should do with the mined out space once im done with it? It's a bit too far away for it to be part of my Main fort, but I really think I should do something with it.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 06:44:46 pm »

Thanks :D :D. Im glad I caught it before I used up all my obsidian. Now I'll have to mine out more anyway, but not as much as I otherwise would have. Any ideas what I should do with the mined out space once im done with it? It's a bit too far away for it to be part of my Main fort, but I really think I should do something with it.
Perhaps make it your junk stockpile?

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 06:51:35 pm »

Perhaps make it your junk stockpile?

Good idea, Ill probly put a dwarven atom smasher in there too, for the useless garbage.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 03:27:47 am by kero42 »

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 09:55:50 pm »

Dump some water on it to make mud and then just leave it to develop as a eventual tree farm.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

Mr.Elendig

• Bay Watcher
  • [TWISTED][INSANE][CANT_SPELL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 01:33:24 am »

Dump some water and magma on it to make mud and then just leave it to develop as a eventual tree obsidian farm.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 02:30:41 am »

Put them in rooms that could use more value, or, mine cart shotguns.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 03:32:04 am »

Dump some water on it to make mud and then just leave it to develop as a eventual tree farm.

Does it matter whether I use salt or fresh water? I assume I'd want to use a pump anyway, so I can stop it before the water gets too high.

stuntaneous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ungodly beard of awesome]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 10:07:04 pm »

Making an underground tree farm, do I need to take out the ceiling to make it an 'outside' space? What's required?

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 10:16:00 pm »

1. Any mud or soil or clay _except_ constructed floor - you can flood with salt water if you want.
2. Breaching a cavern
No light neded.
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 10:16:14 pm »

Making an underground tree farm, do I need to take out the ceiling to make it an 'outside' space? What's required?

You could, but most prefer piercing the caverns and having subterranean trees grow instead.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

stuntaneous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ungodly beard of awesome]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 10:22:31 pm »

A cavern it is!

Rallan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 05:54:51 am »

Jails for prisoners, rooms for nobles, and a mausoleum for the deceased. They don't do any meaningful work so they don't need to be close to your workshops, and engraved obsidian floors add a lot of value to a room. Also, sealed quarters for your vampires. They can do meaningful work, but for obvious reasons you really shouldn't let them mingle with the general population.
Pages: [1] 2