Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: The Elf, A theory  (Read 30847 times)

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
Re: The Elf, A theory
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2012, 03:08:32 am »

You should mod in a subrace of elves with no heads.
They are in alliance with the dwarves to remove the parasite that are elf heads.

And dorf beards?  Do gobs and humes have parasites too?
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.31:Beard

@ Dwarven beards as a symbiotic organism

Dwarven beards are not parasites but co-existing organisms with the dwarf.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Varyag1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2012, 08:22:30 am »

read the whole thread.

It's all fun and funny, but it goes against the idea of ​​fantasy itself. If you do, then only the individual modes.

Agree only that stupid made ​​the elves make all wooden.

And so, as they say - "why reinvent the wheel?"
In the books of JRR Tolkien, The Silmarillion and The Lord of the Rings - all have been already written to us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2012, 09:03:43 am »

You know, the standalone idea of demon trees making zombies is interesting by itself.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2012, 09:39:03 am »

You know, the standalone idea of demon trees making zombies is interesting by itself.

When i think about it i guess it may be possible( as it is now with reaction tokens)  to set a tree's fruite to a CREATURE:CASTE  and it may drop that creature when it's fully grown. Though that may lead to the interesting effect of "Ripe Elf".
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2012, 09:48:46 am »

When forests can aggressively expand in worldgen I will consider this awesome.  Or if it could happen via adventurer.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2012, 12:15:45 pm »

When i think about it i guess it may be possible( as it is now with reaction tokens)  to set a tree's fruite to a CREATURE:CASTE  and it may drop that creature when it's fully grown. Though that may lead to the interesting effect of "Ripe Elf".

A syndrome-inducing substance may work too.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

noobnubcakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Clumsy Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2012, 02:58:14 pm »

So I heard you hate elf heads so I took the head off the elf and put the elf in a mod:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7090
To this day the elven warrior castes hunt the enemies of nature for the purpouse of bringing back slain intelligent beings for consumption by their leaders and generals, for the good of nature and the survival of elvenkind.

And that is the story of how napalm was invented.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2012, 10:24:18 pm »

so what your saying is, elves are not hippies. you are saying that they are horrid abominations worse than the legions of undead of the necromancers and hordes of demons beneath the earth? I WILL CLEANSE THEM WITH PLAGUE AND DEMON FIRE!! LET THE MIASMA OF SALTMUMMY FLOW OVER THE FORESTS!! WE WILL BLOCK OUT THE SUN AND STARVE THE FORESTS!!
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Gargomaxthalus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2013, 08:11:08 am »

Yes, yes I know, necromancy bad. Yet thread is too awesome to languish in obscurity. So I give you the return of Elves as slaves to the trees!!!!!!!
Well lets see... at least half of what I say is complete bullshit. Hell the other half tends to be pretty sketchy...

OOOOHHHH,JUST SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AND MAYBE I'LL GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

javascript:void(0)
javascript:void(0)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2013, 02:01:36 pm »

It's almost worth necromancing becuse the OP is currently in the process of making a mod that adds these new Elves to the game.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2013, 08:12:20 pm »

Yes, yes I know, necromancy bad. Yet thread is too awesome to languish in obscurity. So I give you the return of Elves as slaves to the trees!!!!!!!

I forsaw your necromancy when I added this to my sigtext.

That is why I am the High Lord Threadnecromancer, I can make necromancy happen without even posting.  8)

It's almost worth necromancing becuse the OP is currently in the process of making a mod that adds these new Elves to the game.

Which is almost finished. Well, my turn comes to a close tomorrow, its a succession modding thing. But yeah the new Elves and their "Treelords" are almost finished.....once I figure out how to make the caste names override the creature name, as both tree genders and all elves are currently called TREELORD. Yeah, I am a magnet for weird bugs in this game.

Other possible features for my modding turn (I say possible because half the turn was bugfixing, and I only have the one day left) include:

Claymen- a subterranean race that can self propagate in combat (via the were-necromancer effect)
Jaded Slade- a stone occurring in veins that is both undiggable and can contain aquifers (mostly just there to terrify OCD people. "OHGODNOWICANTGETTHEFORTSYMETRICALFUCKFUCKFUCK" <---desired reaction)
Sea Angels- a ubiquitous ocean dwelling flying carnivorous manta ray
Unnamed ocean creature with a hilariously high beach frequency, also ubiquitous and very quick breeding.
Snowmen for the ice-hell (hell is made of ice in this mod)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2013, 12:33:33 pm »

Interesting theory. It makes sense, too. Elves are pretty nasty in worldgen. They are far more aggressive than goblins, and whenever they destroy a site they slaughter all the noncombatants, including children, in gruesome manners. Examples: burning them alive, drowning them, and feeding them to beasts. They're the only ones who do this, other than goblins.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2013, 05:44:55 am »

People, this "FUCK DA ELVZ MANG" shit hasn't been funny since the fucking game came out, stop this forced meme shit already.

Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2013, 04:57:14 am »

People, this "FUCK DA ELVZ MANG" shit hasn't been funny since the fucking game came out, stop this forced meme shit already.
Frankenelves are pretty badass, man.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2013, 04:49:04 pm »

WAIT!
What about Cacame?
Cacame was the one elf-slave strong enough to gain sentience and overthrow his leafy overlords. That's why he joined the dwarves, out of hatred for the trees for what they'd done to his race!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10