Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: OMG the children!  (Read 1029 times)

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
OMG the children!
« on: September 20, 2012, 04:16:41 am »

Just started a new embark... first migrant wave was 9, 7 of whom were children. WTF? Has anyone had this sort of event happen before?
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: OMG the children!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 06:15:36 am »

I think this happened in GlazedCoast. And it was hilarious. He got like 20 in one wave if memory serves
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 04:49:47 pm »

Just started a new embark... first migrant wave was 9, 7 of whom were children. WTF? Has anyone had this sort of event happen before?
It's what happens when Rathul McRandy and Urist McAmorous decide to marry and migrate to your fortress.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 07:08:42 pm »

It has to be something with what happens during World Gen, as my last few fortresses have not had this "problem".  I get plenty of migrants but very few, if any, are children.  I have had this happen before, just not lately.  I'm just genning a new world now, so I may have the problem again. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 08:33:33 pm »

I've gotten waves of 13 or so with only 2-3 adults. On my current fortress, it's usually every third migrant. I have 105 dwarves, including 33 children. I've had a few babies born in the fort, and in turn some migrant children have grown up.

I actually like the challenge supplying for the little booze guzzlers, if that's so crazy. It's certainly the most substantial threat to my fortress so far. I'm in Spring of the third year, with a fortress worth half a million, and haven't had any ambushes or sieges yet. >.>

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 01:23:01 am »

It does seem a bit reasonable to have 1/5th at least of your fort children. Fortresses had to protect more than one thing in their primes...