Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Kosothtulon, the Toll-Gate Fortress: A Whole New World  (Read 2982 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Kosothtulon, the Toll-Gate Fortress: A Whole New World
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2012, 07:28:19 pm »

--Slate Report--

Plenty of progress was made. We now have workshop space for some workshops and a room for nest boxes. Noobazzah became a miner just over halfway through the month. On the 23rd, Peregarrett hit the caverns. They seem to mostly be twisty passages, all alike, but there is a small lake and a cave crocodile. As well as a need to rethink our central staircase.
We've also struck many ores. By ok, there's a lot of ore here!
As a final note, we have a kiln, and therefore we will soon have clay.

-----

I might need to let the bearded runts here do metalwork after all. Anyone have some suggestions on how else I could rely on trade?
Maybe the clothing industry...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2012, 10:11:06 pm »

--Felsite Report--

Excellent, just excellent. We struck marble, useable as flux; we also struck more ores; a basic woodworking area is being polished; and a clay-collection industry has started. Sadly, nothing truly interesting happened this month. However, as of the start of summer, there is a herd of wild boars and no cavern beasts in sight.

-----

Geez, flux! Seriously, what restrictions can I put on myself to allow me to rely on trade while still working metal? No clothes? No forging non-steel weapons? No melting stuff? Come on, let's hear some ideas!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2012, 10:38:03 pm »

Call me an elf, but let's see here...  per season, one can not utilize more than 10% of the marble stone for the use of steel.  (If one gets an ugly number like 99, round down the number of stone safe to use as flux for steel.)

If that isn't enough, make 20% of the marble required in some mason jobs like tables, chairs, and statues.

If a percentage can't be done, I'd say 100 marble max for the use for steel.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2012, 10:54:02 am »

Alternate idea, the dwarves could export iron bars, a nd use the marble for building =D
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2012, 02:46:08 pm »

Order gold (or some metal that you don't have) and stud all marble furniture with it. Sell steel weapons and armor.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2012, 05:27:58 pm »

Alternate idea, the dwarves could export iron bars, a nd use the marble for building =D
Sounds good! I'll do this.
Sig
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]