Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your Best Artifacts  (Read 1644 times)

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
Re: Your Best Artifacts
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 04:31:16 pm »

Well, by utilizing the 'forbid items during construction bug' I've been accumulating artifact iron clothing. I'm outfitting my champion with artifact iron robe, iron cloak, iron longskirt, and then steel armor on top of that and an artifact shield. Then I shall let him take on sieges single handed.
I've been doing that too. I've only ended up with a headscarf though.

Adequate Swimmer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 05:41:39 pm »

I was lucky enough to get an artifact door and hatch on the same fort, as far as useful artifacts are concerned. The door is, by the way, made of uncut diamond.
[VALUE:PEACE:0]

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 05:55:58 pm »

A planepacked slade warhammer. It happened completlely by accident (In vanilla, no less). As decorations add weight, this means that it is probably heavy enough that the hammer is not swung toward it's targets; the targets are swung towards it.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 06:04:53 pm »

A planepacked slade warhammer. It happened completlely by accident (In vanilla, no less). As decorations add weight, this means that it is probably heavy enough that the hammer is not swung toward it's targets; the targets are swung towards it.
I rember you telling us about that. Wasn't it stolen by a kobold?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 06:46:11 pm »

I got a copper war hammer called "the wild noble" once. I gave it to the sheriff, then named him the wild noble.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xob Ludosmbax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 12:53:43 am »

I'm currently working on creating a Marksdwarf squad entirely equipped with golden crossbows.  Of course, savescumming is pretty much required.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 01:00:07 am »

I'm currently working on creating a Marksdwarf squad entirely equipped with golden crossbows.  Of course, savescumming is pretty much required.
Its easier with the new forbid primary material bug. Huh, I could make platinum hammers now, hmm...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 01:21:05 am »

I rember you telling us about that. Wasn't it stolen by a kobold?
I can just imagine in the dark of night, adventurers hearing the distant scraping of slade upon stone. At their most terrified, a Kobold steps into the light. They start laughing, and just as soon stop when it swings the hammer.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 04:02:10 am »

I got a copper war hammer called "the wild noble" once. I gave it to the sheriff, then named him the wild noble.
Nobles gone wild! See it all in bare ASCII!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.
Pages: 1 [2]