Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Keas just messed up my merchant trading  (Read 543 times)

Captain Willy

• Bay Watcher
  • I like rum.
    • View Profile
Keas just messed up my merchant trading
« on: September 19, 2012, 02:33:08 pm »

So a dwarf caravan comes in my first year ( new fort ) like they usually do. But a bunch of keas start harassing them at the depot. Of course they armed guards slaughter those stupid birds. Then they stop trading and leave, leaving all their stuff behind.

Now I can claim it and YAY free stuff, but is this going to effect my reputation with mountain home, the merchants or anything in my game. Because it is a brand new fortress, only 20 min in so I can restart.

God damn keas.......

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Keas just messed up my merchant trading
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 02:44:24 pm »

Yes, it'll affect your reputation. As far as anybody can tell, the traders report what they left the map with--people and stuff. But that doesn't mean that your fort is ruined, not in the least. It just means you'll have smaller migrant waves to start with, which depending on your playstyle may actually be a bonus. It'll give you time to dig out bedrooms and workshops and things for everybody. Just make sure you send the next crew of merchants home with a big pile of stuff, and it'll all even out.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 02:46:01 pm »

You can always "rob" your own civilization's caravans without repercussions, as long as you don't kill the traders (that might cause a loyalty cascade).

And migrant waves are actually based on your created wealth, not traded wealth, so you're fine.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 02:48:53 pm »

You can always "rob" your own civilization's caravans without repercussions, as long as you don't kill the traders (that might cause a loyalty cascade).

And migrant waves are actually based on your created wealth, not traded wealth, so you're fine.
Oh, yeah. Stupid me. Ignore what I said about migrants. Who hasn't had a dwarf make some stupid candy artifact and ended up with twenty or thirty assorted fish cleaners and lye makers at their door?

But your next caravan won't have as much stuff if you rob this one. I think it affects the number of wagons at the least.