Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weapon and armor rack capacity?  (Read 1259 times)

TigerHunter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weapon and armor rack capacity?
« on: September 19, 2012, 06:38:00 am »

Do I need a weapon and armor rack for every soldier?

Dwarfler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon and armor rack capacity?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 11:12:03 am »

No.
Why do I like Dwarf Fortress so much?  It's hard to learn, harder to play, and downright impossible to win.

I mean, what's not to like?

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 11:18:16 am »

As near as I can tell, you don't really need them at all.  They aren't used due to bugs.  I have my mil. Sleep in room and give them beds, a chest, rack, and a stand, regardless.

PaleBlueHammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 02:23:25 pm »

As near as I can tell, you don't really need them at all.  They aren't used due to bugs.  I have my mil. Sleep in room and give them beds, a chest, rack, and a stand, regardless.

Well... you don't need them as individual equipment in a bedroom except for some nobles who want them.  However they do "work", as in they serve as focus points for your squads.  But they don't hold armor or weapons, to my knowledge.

For a regular serf, a cabinet will hold all his clothes and a chest will hold anything else he owns and doesn't wear.
Quote from: misko27
If adamantine is revealed for more then 2 years without being completely mined it all turns into galena. Useless, Useless Galena.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 04:29:12 pm »

For a regular serf, a cabinet will hold all his clothes and a chest will hold anything else he owns and doesn't wear.
For that purpose, weapon racks and armor stands will also be used to store any exotic foreign weapons/armor they happen to claim as owned items, though that never happens because the economy never activates.

In any event, each building does have a limited capacity determined by the item from which it is constructed, and the item capacitities (along with how much space is taken up by every other type of item) can be found in the "Weight" article on the wiki.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.