Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Assault on Equestria OOC  (Read 4926 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Assault on Equestria OOC
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2012, 04:36:53 am »

Waiting on a 7th.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2012, 05:34:50 am »

Vote time: Start now?
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 05:45:27 am »

Id say bump the original post and give it till tonight. Then start if nobody joins.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2012, 10:20:58 am »

Id say bump the original post and give it till tonight. Then start if nobody joins.
+1

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2012, 12:33:18 pm »

Fine by me.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2012, 10:33:10 pm »

Ok we have to clear out 3 buildings.
Barracks , Armory and command center.

Our forces are 5 irregular squads.
An irregular squad is 1 mech and 6 supporting infantry.
Theres our squad plus 4 more 1 will have a centurion class mech which is basically an artillery mech and 3 medium and short range mechs.
We have 5 elementals in power armor there more or less elite close range fighters.
Plus 3 Ssaros storm teams which is 3 pairs of Ssaros with shotguns and and nano sabers.

Once we start im also going to request 3 additional snipers and 12 additional Ssaros be assigned to me but thats down to luck.
I have to request them and attempt to convince the commander to give me the force's if i make a good case for the extra men i get a bonus to the roll for it.

The 3 places we have to clear are all connected by trenches.
They have 2 mech lances which is 8 mechs total and around 170 infantry plus one royal guard.

Ill have an air strike before we launch our assault.

My basic plan is that the irregular unit with the centurion mech aswell as 1 elemental and 1/3 of our Ssaros and if i get the extra men i want 2 snipers to hit the command center but not breach it. They just have to keep the defenders there busy.

Then i want 2 elemental our team plus another irregular squad and another 1/3 of the Ssaros on the armory.

The remaining 1/3 of our forces will hit the barracks.

The command center is most heavily defended so we wont breach it until we have the armory and barracks secure.

Then all 5 of our mechs will close in and bombard the command center.

The infantry force that survive the assault on barracks and armory will use the trenches to breach the command center from the flanks while the remaining infantry assault it head on.

When the enemy mechs get involved assuming the air strike dosnt crush them first or another unit wipes them out our mechs will handle them with infantry fire support if required.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2012, 10:17:20 am »

I'm not offended. I'm a little put off by the lengths some people tend to go to with (or against, rather) this little universe, but I say if you're cruel enough to attack ponies, you deserve everything that's coming to you.

If I could, I'd join just so I could backstab everyone at a critical moment tentatively seek a peaceful solution to the conflict, inbetween volleys of coherent photonic death. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2012, 10:56:48 am »

Actually, I would be very pleased if you joined as a TF2 spy or something and backstabbed every single person here! We could actually use a stealth character.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2012, 11:42:04 am »

Actually... I know who I can be. I mean, seriously. Any universe is allowed, and this is an assault on Equestria.... how about a changeling? It'd work exceedingly well if the GM's sufficiently lenient (which I don't think he(?) is, what with the proposed setting :P).

But I'm really more concerned that the GM doesn't actually know the Equestria-verse all that well. Won't be able (or inclined) to make this more than just a typical "kill everything in sight" game with opponents that just happen to be ponies. With silly weapons like rocket-propelled bananas. It's... kinda dull, and unimaginative. I know, there's all of one turn to go by so far, so I'll reserve my judgement on that. I hope ye can do better than I think, Kestrel! ;)

(or I might just have to rise from the ashes a-la phoenix and one-up you with a War on Equestria of my own ; ) )
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2012, 01:09:08 pm »

Well, I'm fairly knowledgable with the MLP-Verse, so I could help him with that part.

Also, I'd do anything to get into one of your RTDs, really. I mean, you DID introduce the concept to me. And you did GM probably one of the most popular RTDs to date!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

BlasterKyubey210

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2012, 03:55:30 pm »

Entering the Waitlist in the event one (or more) characters bite the dust:

Name: ???
Callsign: Genestealer Kyubey
Machine: Gundam AGE-2 Dark Hound

If I'm in the wrong thread, tell me.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2012, 03:56:46 pm »

Your in the wrong thread :P.
Also currently we only need troopers since theres only one mech per squad and we've already got one.

BlasterKyubey210

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2012, 04:01:31 pm »

Well, I did declare on waiting list WHEN the current Mech bites it, but alright, I'll post IC when things go down the gutters, just declared machine as a "preperation" thing

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 04:05:49 pm »

Meh if he bites it then the game will likely be over entirely.
The odds of the heavily armed heavily armored mech dieing are slim to none in this game.
There's still 2 trooper spots open so you could join straight away but your choice.
Also just so your aware your mech will not be any were close to as fast or mobile as it is in the show.
Mechs in this are walking tanks.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:07:26 pm by mesor »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4