Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Crawl 0.11 Tournament! Let's make Bay12 proud!  (Read 10536 times)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.11 Tournament! Let's make Bay12 proud!
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2012, 07:46:03 pm »

fuck your couch! just got a 5 rune win with the 110th best score on the server. awesomesauce
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2012, 07:52:28 pm »

fuck your couch! just got a 5 rune win with the 110th best score on the server. awesomesauce

edit: sweet deal! apparently i stole the high score from the previous best ghoul monk!
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2012, 01:09:12 am »

Congrats cganya. I just threw away 9 hours by brainlessly tabbing in pan :( May be done for this tournament.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2012, 06:25:19 am »

Congrats cganya. I just threw away 9 hours by brainlessly tabbing in pan :( May be done for this tournament.

ouch. yeah that kind of thing happens to me a lot too. I don't realise there is something painful sitting in front of me and I just tab a bunch of buttons without thinking, then wonder where all my hp went. thankfully I have gotten better at stopping before I die but only every once in a while.

I find my best friend is a couple good panic buttons, that's why I like chei so much. almost no matter the character, I have to convince myself to try out some other god.

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2012, 12:04:34 pm »

Hey Chei worked for you :)  I actually had several panic buttons I could have done, but I was tired and impatient and just trying to win fast already. Playing late at night is bad idea for me.

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2012, 07:22:29 am »

My Axe Maniac minotaur just found a manual of Axes  :'(

I mean really.
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2012, 12:42:06 pm »

My Axe Maniac minotaur just found a manual of Axes  :'(

I mean really.

Ha.  That's useful.  I recently had a MiFi following TSO and wearing gold dragon armour that got 4 manuals of stealth in the same game.  Xom was having a good laugh at me there I'm sure.

So, I've got a OpSt going right now that's gotten 2 runes and is working his way through Vault.  So far he's survived due partially to cautious play, but largely through the use of chei tricks and a good bit of luck in some instances.  He's still real squishy, but his EV is decent, and some nice poison spells and and a bit of summoning has kept the enemies at bay so far.  However, I need advice for entering Vault:8.  I've only tried with a squishy character once so far, and he didn't fare so well.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Here's my char dump:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 31, 2012, 01:13:21 pm »

So you are squidy, squidgey and with Chei? The only time I was ever squidgey on Vault 8 I semi-controlled blinked into the corridors and firestormed the living crap out of everyone.... Something similar might work with Fireball and your character, although it feels risky compared to firestorm... I have had no joy with Chei, so better ask someone else :)

I did just win with Okie though. My second win ever, first melee dude. Once again a paltry 3 runes, but fuck it, tourney is serious business, next time I will try for a few more I guess.

Second win, second win, do da, do da. First tourney win hurray, first tourney win hurray. I shall now drink some whisky to celebrate.

Edit: It also takes the B12 Axelords into the top 20 clans (for the moment). fantastic.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:16:13 pm by vogonpoet »

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2012, 06:01:41 pm »

hope this isnt too late but I have had fantastic success at vault 8 by using a wand of slowing on myself and slouching the hell out of the guards.

also we were at one point in 18th position, I hope to improve on this with another win coming up (hopefully) I have an ogre hunter of okwaru that's feeling really strong. Hopefully I can find some poison resistance. I am wary of going into shoals, I have lost a lot of "good" characters in there.

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2012, 07:58:12 pm »

hope this isnt too late but I have had fantastic success at vault 8 by using a wand of slowing on myself and slouching the hell out of the guards.

I like that idea.  Good luck with the shoals.  Vault:4 and 5 are trying to send me message.  That message is, "leave the vaults now!"  on those two levels alone I've run into Mara, Borris, Mennas, Margery, and Frederick.  I took care of Margery and Frederick, but the others I had to flee.  Back to the dungeon for me, at least until I get some better resistance and destructive spells.  I'm still not touching Mennas with this character, and I'd love to avoid Borris for obvious reasons.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2012, 02:55:59 am »

Sorry I haven't been as active in the tournament as I thought I would be. I'll just belt out a bunch of easy classes and see how I do. "o", tab, tab, tab, hope for the best. Or HEWz and Naga poisoners or something. I really wanted to Ashenzari the hell out of stuff (useless at late game, but good for dives), but might not have time.

Damn you job-hunting. Damn you to hell!
It's a game. Have fun.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2012, 06:24:52 am »

well that ogre hunter was fun but saddly I got overwhelmed and ran out of options against saint roka. I got so close to killing him too, ah well.

actually I did have a trump card, Ironically it was a legendary deck of cards with the alchemist card next. I forgot I had it until after I died x.x

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2012, 08:32:56 am »

And my Ogre Wanderer fell to an Antique Lich.  Looks like no tournament win for me.

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2012, 01:54:41 pm »

Well I am close to rage quitting on my HOBe  :(.

He has been stuck in a labyrinth for 4 meat rations already, and I am not sure if I can take it anymore.... Guess will sleep, come back fresh in the morning, but really, fuck labyrinths. My MiGl got a rod of warding with DefMiss from a lab, amongst other things, so its clearly best to visit the damn things, but damn I hate them. Hate them. Anyway, got another 4 rations, so I guess I should at least wait to starve :(

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2012, 12:48:13 am »

I just won the clumsiest, most awkward, and most stressful game I've ever done.  That Octopode should have died at least ten times.  I still don't know how that whole thing when down.  Alright, I've got to get some sleep.  That little f***er was resilient, but man did he give me fits!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]