Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Crawl 0.11 Tournament! Let's make Bay12 proud!  (Read 10560 times)

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.11 Tournament! Let's make Bay12 proud!
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2012, 04:15:59 pm »

Starving to death continues to be the least dignified way to die ever.

Nope, I was just blown up by my own Orb of Destruction.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2012, 04:22:03 pm »

I dunno, that sounds pretty awesome actually.

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2012, 09:27:28 pm »

Sooo, the Royal Jelly regenerates now?  Not cool.

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2012, 12:19:21 am »

I think cheesemakers has one more slot if someone wants to join.

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2012, 01:47:34 pm »

Got my first W for the tourney last night.  I don't know if I'm ever going to do a HoPr the legit way again though.  I'll probably be in the running for longest duration for a win in the entire tournament with that one.  It was somewhat satisfying to bring the surviving members of my orcish retainer to the exit with me though.

The regular orc I picked up during the ascension of course. 

I've got a decent MiFi in the works, so maybe after work today I can try to go for my first ever streak.  I picked up crystal armour on D:2.  Can't squander that kind of luck.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2012, 02:28:49 pm »

Me and a friend have been trying to get further.  We've found Kobold Berserkers to be be rather powerful, because generally speaking, any given group of enemies or powerful named enemy can be taken down by a berserk Kobold with a trident.  Once done, corpses can be consumed to restore food and the rest sacrificed.  As an added bonus, spell books are now ammunition!  Just toss them near the enemy and then set them on fire and watch the enemy burn themselves!

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2012, 05:49:56 pm »

Yes KoBe is supposed to be one of the stronger classes.

namad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2012, 07:27:15 pm »

sorry I got off to a late start, I was out of town this weekend, and the place I was staying wanted to charge EXTRA for internet, I'll try to grind out a whole bunch of hours of crawl tomorrow or something! what are some good classes for deep dwarves? deep dwarves are good for noobs right?

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2012, 07:32:02 pm »

Yes Deep Dwarf is good for beginner...

Woo hoo just got first tourney win. Sucky thing is that so many points are given for killing uniques, and I was playing healer so I pacified pretty much every one.

namad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2012, 07:56:31 pm »

ahh I might not be listed in the rc file of my team captain? but that's okay if true, it turns out i'm rusty from not having played in a year or more! so I'm not that likely to score a ton, but either way I'm gonna enjoy playing this week! got myself killed on purpose once just to show up on the list of players, and then actually tried but played so stupidly I died at level 4! congrats on that win KJC3 I've never once been able to stomach playing hillorcs so right on!

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2012, 08:03:20 pm »

xczxc - Sign me up for this. I played in last year's tournament. I'm low-intermediate: 0 wins, a couple of runes. Haven't played in a while, though.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 08:12:36 pm by xczxc »

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2012, 08:13:55 pm »

You're on my list for the Bone Carvers namad.  Did you make sure to use my DCSS name (flord) and not my Bay12 name in your RC file?  Either way it takes a few hours for teams to refresh I believe.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2012, 09:12:37 pm »

How do you know if you're in a team?  I've got moocowmoo as my leader, but nothing shows me being in a team that I can see.

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2012, 09:27:17 pm »

How do you know if you're in a team?  I've got moocowmoo as my leader, but nothing shows me being in a team that I can see.

This has links at the top to all the stats and teams.
http://seleniac.org/crawl/tourney/12b/overview.html

xczxc want me to put you on our team? One of our guys never joined.

namad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2012, 11:19:06 pm »

You're on my list for the Bone Carvers namad.  Did you make sure to use my DCSS name (flord) and not my Bay12 name in your RC file?  Either way it takes a few hours for teams to refresh I believe.

I had the wrong name, I fixed it and it updated for me quickly, don't count on me for a ton of points, I've basically forgotten how to play! it's coming back to me though, DDHe was my best ever playthrough in which I saw the orb of zot, but I'm reluctant to play such a character again because it was SUPER FAST AND EASY right up until I saw my first draconian/orb of fire type enemy, and then I managed to run through 134810801 piety and food switching religons and just being wholly ineffectual against orbs of fire, I'm trying to think what a good build would be for making orbs of fire manageable, even if I lose a lot early on...

see a Deep dwarf healer is basically god mod for the first half of the game, and you almost can't fail... but at the very end... the maximum piety limit really prevented my strategies from working (I just didn't have enough piety to use my abilities as much as I would need)...then again I probably lost that game a few years back just because I poorly managed my potions and scrolls, and ahh... too much over thinking!

I do say though, for anyone who is bored of KoBe's and wants a more complicated character to play but another one that is basically easymod for noobies ddhe?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11