Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Crawl 0.11 Tournament! Let's make Bay12 proud!  (Read 10567 times)

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.11 Tournament! Let's make Bay12 proud!
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2012, 02:00:07 pm »

No way that this ends well.

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2012, 02:27:22 pm »

Wow that is amazing whip. Man I'm not liking the change to Elyvilon. Not as easy as before.

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2012, 03:23:19 pm »

Anyone try the spider's nest yet?  I'm a bit nervous to take my orcs in there.  The wiki uses the word "crumbling".  Is it actually crumbling?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2012, 06:53:26 pm »

Anyone try the spider's nest yet?  I'm a bit nervous to take my orcs in there.  The wiki uses the word "crumbling".  Is it actually crumbling?

If you've got rPoison, it's not too bad - the biggest problem for me was running into groups of orb weavers, since their orb of destruction attacks hurt (a lot) and they run away from melee unless you corner them. Final room with the rune had four wasps (mix of red and yellow), a berserk moth, an invisible moth and three emperor scorpions.

I was able to clear it out with a friendly Trog ally without any real difficulties, although I did have to fall back when one of the scorpions got beserked.

It's not actually crumbling - it's just a cavern-like layout - not many corridors at all.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 06:57:56 pm by AlStar »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2012, 07:18:50 pm »

I keep getting struck down by some invisible guy with a Scythe.  Every.  Single.  Time.  Been trying to work as a Tengu Summoner.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2012, 07:33:26 pm »

Sigmund is the bane of many characters, yeah. You should probably run away when you first meet him.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2012, 07:34:54 pm »

I keep getting struck down by some invisible guy with a Scythe.  Every.  Single.  Time.  Been trying to work as a Tengu Summoner.

Haha, yup, we've all been there.  That would be Sigmund.  When you see him, run.  Don't be afraid to go back upstairs and come down a different set.  Unless you have some good starting spells like mephitic cloud, or a nice early wand like confusion or something destructive, you don't want to engage him right away.  You can come back for him and slap him around like the little b*** he is later on.  You probably want to adopt a similar strategy if you see Grinder too, or ogres on low levels.

With respect to the Spider's nest: I'd agree.  It wasn't too bad.  My high orc priest was creating massive amounts of spider zombies though, which was annoying.  It made the battlefield a hopeless mess.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2012, 08:40:38 pm »

I met an ogre on D:2, but luckily D:1 had an altar to that trickster god who's name I will never remember.  Escape Deck FTW.  Now I just need to stop sacrificing corpses and eat some of them.

EDIT: My summoned dogs managed to take down Sigmund.  I feel nice.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 09:21:18 pm by Girlinhat »

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2012, 10:25:33 pm »

Starving to death continues to be the least dignified way to die ever.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2012, 06:19:23 am »

For some reason I'm still not showing up on the Bay12AxeLords team.  I added Kamina as TEAMCAPTAIN on CSZO.  I just added it on CAO as well.  Guess I'll see what happens.

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2012, 06:22:52 am »

I think a "z" is missing in Kamina's file if your forum name is the same as your ingame name.

If no one else minds, I'll take captainship duties for the Axelords. Here's the top of my rcfile, please correct me if I put in your crawl username wrong:
Code: [Select]
# TEAMNAME Bay12_Axelords
# TEAMMEMBERS alg tegga21 ggeez cganya vogonpoet

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2012, 06:52:59 am »

I think a "z" is missing in Kamina's file if your forum name is the same as your ingame name.

If no one else minds, I'll take captainship duties for the Axelords. Here's the top of my rcfile, please correct me if I put in your crawl username wrong:
Code: [Select]
# TEAMNAME Bay12_Axelords
# TEAMMEMBERS alg tegga21 ggeez cganya vogonpoet

Yes 2 z's.  ggeezz

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2012, 10:06:57 am »

I'll take a spot on the "not a great player but does okay sometimes, but won't have just a ton of time to play" team.  StToaster.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2012, 10:19:01 am »

We've got another spot on the Bone Carvers.  I'll put in you my rc file next time I get a chance.

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2012, 02:51:26 pm »

Wow. . .the guy who cleared a Ziggurat first died on Z5 and he had no fire resistance.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11