Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Crawl 0.11 Tournament! Let's make Bay12 proud!  (Read 10548 times)

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.11 Tournament! Let's make Bay12 proud!
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 03:44:00 am »

Hi, I've lurked the forums for a while (years) and played a bit of DF (badly) never made it to the end of year 2.

I've played crawl for around 2 years now, recently picked it back up this end of this last summer (can play at work), I'd be very interested to be on a team and have been practicing for the tourney, overall I have maybe a couple dozen wins; I thought I was rusty but my current game looking at 3rd win in a row (first for me) assuming I don't mess up with my DEwz.  I'll play -alot- of games when the tourney comes out so would like to be with an active team but I'm definitely no super amazing player, I play for fun and without spoilers/watching people.  I've managed 1 win and 1 more (looks like its going to be a win) in 11.0, back to back.  Feels like 11.0 and 10.2 were much easier than when we had to victory dance.  Maybe I've just gotten lucky but 11.0 seems to drop scrolls and potions alot more often, though my current DEwz has -zero- artefacts and he's almost finished with vaults.

Cliff notes, couple dozen wins, will be very active(can play from work), I play without spoilers so I'm no pro, going for my first 3 win streak assuming I don't die (11.0 version). Have had several back to backs. I prefer to play melee oriented, this is my first go with a full caster.

Tegga21@hotmail.com to contact me quicker if I'm accepted into a team

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 07:36:38 am »

The tournament has been announced.  It start Oct 20th.

http://seleniac.org/crawl/tourney/12b/

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 08:26:35 am »

http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/0-11-tournament yep, sign me up for a team! 4 11.0 wins, couple dozen 10.2 and older

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 08:48:56 am »

I don't have much time these days but I might play a bit. I have a bit more than 30 wins (most of them offline) and 2 tournament participations with a 2-win streak in both (one of which was almost a 4-win streak if not for a stupid death in Pan) but I haven't played since last tournament and I'm really not sure I'll be able to play a lot.

So count me in and put me in whatever team you see fit, but preferably not as a captain, too much pressure  :P

Thornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 07:58:36 pm »

I'm in. I was disappointed when there wasn't a tourney in August.
I haven't won yet, but I did make it to Zot 5 last year. Hopefully this year will be the first victory.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 10:22:53 pm »

I'd like to join, low end team for me if you'll have me. I just won my first game in the previous version (took it to 15 runes, I'm amazed at how lucky I got with some mutations)

The tournament looks like a lot of fun but I will be out of town till the 22nd so I would get a slow start.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2012, 10:05:30 pm »

I've added more people to the OP, hopefully I haven't missed anyone.

Also, I guess it's time to start thinking about team names. I'm thinking we should leave the name of each team up to the captain and the team themself.
Traditionally, we called the top team the Bay12 Champions, but last tourney we were the Bay12 Forgotten Beasts. What would people like to be this time?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:16:17 pm by KaminaSquirtle »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2012, 10:55:00 pm »

Axelords.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2012, 11:08:37 pm »

Hmmm, I just realized this means I'll have to figure out what my password is.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 11:18:44 am »

vogonpoet on CDO, I have won just once, a DEWz.
I don't know how much I will be able to play, and am one of the worst roguelike players to ever win crawl, so put me in one of the not-got-much-time, would be happy to get just a rune teams.

Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 10:49:18 pm »

Actually, with the scheduling of the tournament, it looks like i'll need to drop out.  It sits squarely atop the time span that I am closing on, and moving into a new house.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 05:17:24 pm »

I'm interested in signing up.  Have seen a few of the branches but nowhere near a win -- top out around level 12 or so, usually because I get over confident.  My crawl name is blueDave, put me on a low intermediate team.  I'll attempt a bunch of combos, to get a few tourney points.   8)

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 06:10:49 pm »

I'd like to play!  The 0.10 tournament was great fun!  I have a few wins including a 15 runer, but I'm a bit rusty, and due to work and real life commitments I'd like to be on a lower pressure team.

DCSS username: flord

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 06:45:16 pm »

So last time, the 'b' team was the Bay12 Recruits, does anyone have something better?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2012, 08:50:00 pm »

the lower teams should be named after crappy professions. the cheese makers. the soap makers, etc

edit - ok... so where is the file i need to edit to signify the team I'll be on for the tournament? It says "Participants in the tournament may form clans of six or fewer players. If you wish to be a member of a clan, you need to add a line to the top of one of your version 0.11 rcfiles like this:" But Where is that file?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 09:02:01 pm by cganya »
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11