Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Crawl 0.11 Tournament! Let's make Bay12 proud!  (Read 10541 times)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.11 Tournament! Let's make Bay12 proud!
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2012, 11:36:08 pm »

ok, managed to get run # 2 from the spider's nest without too much difficulty. Once I get back on I'll work on finishing the main dungeon. I think I will have an easier time with the abyss than with the vaults so I think I'll get my third rune there.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2012, 12:23:12 am »

Does anyone know how to change the Ctrl-T keystroke in Chrome to not do anything? It normally opens a new tab, but it's also meant for "tell your allies to pick crap up" in DCSS. God it's slow as a summoner without a few weapons being weilded by your imps (it didn't help that I got my book burned a just after learning Imps. Thank god I did learn it though, it carried me for the run. I even found "Bullseye", a +15 shield of blocky goodness.)

Sometimes I think DCSS wastes the items it gives me. Well, I waste them by dying stupidly. Ettin club to the head that I forgot I left at the downstairs on that KoSu. One shot kill.

I think I'll have a couple of quick play runs now. That was just damn tedious.
It's a game. Have fun.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2012, 03:34:48 am »

Got your book burned? How did you manage that? Do books burn like scrolls now or something? ._.

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2012, 06:03:42 pm »

Does anyone know how to change the Ctrl-T keystroke in Chrome to not do anything? It normally opens a new tab, but it's also meant for "tell your allies to pick crap up" in DCSS. God it's slow as a summoner without a few weapons being weilded by your imps (it didn't help that I got my book burned a just after learning Imps. Thank god I did learn it though, it carried me for the run. I even found "Bullseye", a +15 shield of blocky goodness.)

Sometimes I think DCSS wastes the items it gives me. Well, I waste them by dying stupidly. Ettin club to the head that I forgot I left at the downstairs on that KoSu. One shot kill.

I think I'll have a couple of quick play runs now. That was just damn tedious.

If you type in * that counts as holding CTRL. So * then t would be the same as CTRL-T

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2012, 07:21:27 pm »

Cheers, I'll try another summoner or a necro run then.

On the book loss, I have no idea. I did have it (starting item), then I didn't. It was under webtiles, so it should have been pretty obvious if I dropped it. Might have just been stupidity, it was one of those horribly slow runs in any case with many breaks in between. I might have just dropped it, you knows? Anyway, I'll have a few caster runs and see how I do.

I might also just do a bit of a branch dive to get some points rolling, but I'd love to get my first win up during the tournament.
It's a game. Have fun.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2012, 07:25:08 pm »

You hear a distant "Zot"!

It's dungeon level 1...
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2012, 08:02:59 pm »

Cheers, I'll try another summoner or a necro run then.

On the book loss, I have no idea. I did have it (starting item), then I didn't. It was under webtiles, so it should have been pretty obvious if I dropped it. Might have just been stupidity, it was one of those horribly slow runs in any case with many breaks in between. I might have just dropped it, you knows? Anyway, I'll have a few caster runs and see how I do.

I might also just do a bit of a branch dive to get some points rolling, but I'd love to get my first win up during the tournament.

Do Ctrl-F and then "book."  You can search for anything that way.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2012, 09:15:25 pm »

As a summoner, I could never get my imps to wield items.  Even with Ctrl-T they would ignore them.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2012, 12:34:23 am »

You hear a distant "Zot"!

It's dungeon level 1...

Thats just DCSS telling you that it's gonna be a fun dungeon delve.

So my ghoul just mastered unarmed combat in the abyss while looking for it's third rune. I managed to find one but the vault looks pretty intimidating. pre-abominations everywhere, two nex's (purple demons that polymorph and drain int), and a cacodemon out in the open, behind metal grates are 6 golden eyes, 3 orange brains and 3 flying skulls. Why not? I idly wandered into the centre of the room (as a follower of chei, that took a decent amount of time) and saved the game. I'll nuke the room tomorrow when I get back from work.

I hate 12 hour shifts.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2012, 11:49:56 pm »

well another night of playing for a couple hours. The abyss vault went exactly to plan and was incredibly easy. met with some close calls as I finished mopping up the last few floors of the dungeon.

Made myself some golden dragon armour. I don't know... I seem to be taking more damage since I have put it on but I had been using only an artifact +2 scale mail up until that point. I have been suffering for decent artifact items the whole time (except for that armour) and so until now my cold and fire resists have been lacking. I really want to find a piece of jewellery with rElec+ before I take on zot (wouldn't hurt to get my armour and dodging skills up a bit higher either)

so I decided to go and kill the royal jelly for shits, giggles and profit. didn't find anything decent down there. a manual of bows, a worthless artifact ring, some misc jewellery and a suit of storm dragon armour (only +0). But at least I have an extra rune now. tomorrow I'll hit up elven halls then head over to vaults I guess. I only really wanted to go for a 3 rune win tbh because I really don't want to just plain die.

You guys think the -6 penalty is really hurting me with that armour change? I have enough str to take out the weight penalty and i have 15 armour skill already... ugh but how can I turn down an extra 16% damage reduction?

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2012, 12:09:25 am »

Helps to see your character dump. Shouldn't be taking more damage without str penalty. Were you EV reliant?

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2012, 06:36:21 am »

Hmm... I'm not sure how to dump my character on webtiles. The knowledge bot tells me something about typing in an extra command into IRC but... I don't have IRC and I don't really want to set it up.

Dragon armour defence values: 28AC 19EV
Artifact scale mail defence values: 19AC 30EV

so there is a 2 point difference but I wouldn't think it would cause such a big difference, especially with the 14% increase in GDR. On top of that the golden dragon armour has a lot more potential AC as soon as I find some enchant armour scrolls since it is only +1 so far.

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2012, 12:30:09 pm »

Ugh.  There's nothing quite like going down in the middle of what should be a 15 runer.  It was definitely stupid of me to get myself into a vulnerable situation, but I've never seen hell sentinels spam hellfire quite that hard.  I expect that from hellions but, well, now I guess I'll expect it from sentinels too, haha.

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2012, 12:32:38 pm »

Hahaha, I just looked at my morgue file to see the log from the last few turns.  This is pretty classic:

Code: [Select]
128586 | Dis:7    | Entered Level 7 of the Iron City of Dis
129466 | Dis:7    | HP: 7/243 [Hell Sentinel/blast of hellfire (39)]
129467 | Dis:7    | flord: shit
129467 | Dis:7    | Killed from afar by a Hell Sentinel

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2012, 03:52:28 pm »

Well I got a rune... Swamp was embarassingly easy actually... hydra simulcra, 2 pips of frost resistance, flaming axe.
Currently having fun dogding orbs of destruction in Spider... definitely harder than Swamp so far, but seems they toned down web generation a bit since my last visit, so super...

Only sad part of my character is that I only found 3 amulets so far. 2 of stasis (one crappy randart), and just now, one of inaccuracy. Think this is the longest I ever went with a char with a bare neck... my only source of SInv is a weapon I have no skill in as well, which is kinda annoying. I don't know, maybe I could put some skill points into it, or just flail around uselessly or blindly.

Anyway, with my sad rune target for the tourney achieved, I can relax and try and bring this puppy home (these tourneys always feel so short, guess I should work less and play more).
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11