Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Crawl 0.11 Tournament! Let's make Bay12 proud!  (Read 10537 times)

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.11 Tournament! Let's make Bay12 proud!
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2012, 09:45:37 pm »

Alright, I've seen two equally hilarious things in the Spider's Nest this tournament.  First, I saw an orb spider's orb miss me, then circle back around and blow him up.  Next, an orb spider missed me and then blew up the other orb spider on the screen.  Good times.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2012, 10:18:02 pm »

I had an orb spider shoot at me, and I ran, and my friend said "that's some Max Payne bullet-time bullshit right there."

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2012, 07:19:22 am »

Orb spiders as a melee character who follows chei lacking a decent ranged attack are REALLY ANNOYING and actually pretty deadly

just like a complex sentence without any punctuation, feel my pain people!

I either ignore them, waddle up to them until they get trapped in a corner (hp costly), or blow 1-2 slouches on them (piety costly).

I have recently gotten my friends to start watching. While one of them were watching I managed to kill a hydra (7 heads) by throwing a stone at it with no throwing skill and it made me level up. Hilarious
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2012, 08:16:35 am »

Orb spiders as a melee character who follows chei lacking a decent ranged attack are REALLY ANNOYING and actually pretty deadly

Being a Chei follower without a decent ranged attack is risky business anyway, not only against orb spiders. It can work in the early game where not a lot of enemies are ranged but when you begin to meet packs of yaktaurs, stone giants, lichs and things like that, it starts being very very dangerous.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2012, 08:51:49 am »

Being a Chei follower without a decent ranged attack is risky business anyway, not only against orb spiders. It can work in the early game where not a lot of enemies are ranged but when you begin to meet packs of yaktaurs, stone giants, lichs and things like that, it starts being very very dangerous.

Yeah I can see that, especially in large open spaces. When I had my draconian I was very lucky in that I had both a breath attack and the teleport control mutation.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2012, 11:46:37 am »

sambojin never showed up for our team.  If anyone else wants to join up, let me know.  The teams close tomorrow night I believe.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2012, 03:08:33 pm »

Well, I fell into Crawl again. Not sure if it'll last, or how much time I'll find even if the interest keeps, but if you're a player or two short, I might as well join. Name's Soadreqm. I just have to add "# TEAMCAPTAIN flord" to the top of my 0.11 options file, yes? :)

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2012, 03:24:33 pm »

Well, I fell into Crawl again. Not sure if it'll last, or how much time I'll find even if the interest keeps, but if you're a player or two short, I might as well join. Name's Soadreqm. I just have to add "# TEAMCAPTAIN flord" to the top of my 0.11 options file, yes? :)

Yup, that should do it.  I put your name in my file, so you should show up on the team within the next few hours.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2012, 04:05:50 pm »

Sorry mate. If it's not too late, I'll register in a minute. Then I can play for about 48 hours non-stop to make up for it.

If not, grab someone else. Been a bit busy recently, but now I've got all weekend and most of Monday to catch up.
It's a game. Have fun.

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2012, 04:32:03 pm »

Cheesemakers still has a slot if someone needs add. Man Crawl burns me out, I don't know how people play on a consistent basis. My normal routine is to play just on the weekend, if it all.

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2012, 05:34:55 pm »

Sorry mate. If it's not too late, I'll register in a minute. Then I can play for about 48 hours non-stop to make up for it.

If not, grab someone else. Been a bit busy recently, but now I've got all weekend and most of Monday to catch up.

I already put Soadreqm on the Bone Carvers, so I'd suggest switching to the Cheese Makers since they need someone too.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2012, 06:04:57 pm »

So it's definite that moocowmoo needs another member? I've got flord in my rc file right now, and there's been no error from it.

I'll take out the team captain line entirely for now, until I get confirmation for sure. I don't want to muck it up for everyone.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:06:51 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2012, 06:47:25 pm »

Damn it. The moment I took out that line, I dropped Sigmund and Jessica easily with a HEWz. Probably the easiest char to do it with, but still......

God I love imp spam.
It's a game. Have fun.

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2012, 07:27:49 pm »

I put you in my rc sambojin, looks like bonecarvers team is filled up. My name on server is same as here.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2012, 08:21:56 pm »

Ok, rc file edited. Thanks.
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11