Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Roll to Kill dem Ponies! AKA War of Equestria: Chapter One, First Contact  (Read 12921 times)

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Kill dem Ponies! AKA War of Equestria: Chapter One, First Contact
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2012, 09:57:08 pm »

(Good point.)
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2012, 09:59:37 pm »

Pull the elemental out of his suit if he needs treatment, otherwise patch myself up, reload and keep an eye out for Jane and Ivan, providing covering fire if needed.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:29:02 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2012, 10:00:21 pm »

Cover the infantry and keep those Elementals alive! Try to recalibrate your lasers on the fly. Make a move for the break that the men are creating and press the attack. Ignore the RPBs and concentrate about keeping the battle-mech moving. Switch your comms to the company channel.
I am making for the breach Commander. The enemy is prioritising their targets. I advise that you do the same.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:02:58 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2012, 11:07:15 pm »

Char sheet

Name:Jack slyvester
 Race: Long sword pilot (Halo)
 Class: Infantry trooper
 Description: messy brown hair with a blue streak down the side. 6'3" green eyes.
 Bio: Grew up in the inner colonies traveling from one planet to the next with his father who was a political genius of his time. Traveling is where he got his love for flying. He joined the UNSC to fight the insurrectionists when the war against the ponies broke out and was transfered for his incredible skill as a pilot and a soldier. (This is years before the first Covenant sighting)
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2012, 10:05:52 am »

llama you need to pick a personal weapon it can be any infantry weapon known to movie or video game kind short of a howitzer sized gun.
Also piloting is a little pointless man were a mech irregular unit we dont get to fly.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2012, 09:34:43 pm »

GREENSTARFANATIC & BLADE MASTER MODEL 42

Jane uses his signature name-call of his hated foes as he launches 3 rockets from his Black Box. [3,6,1] one hits  above the gun into the concrete, one glides right into a small ordanance dump, sending chunks of bunker flying everywhere. [1] The Ponies seem all to happy to avenge everypony you just killed, retaliating with [4] more accurate fire. [4] the real damage is done in your right arm, though, as it catches 2 Candy Canes

Ivan deciced to keep up the fire, [5] Neutralising a gun by sheer Dakka. [3] you are still too far out for any meic kits with sandviches in them to get one, but thanks to advances in SANDVICH BAG TECHNOLOGY, you have 2 SANDVICHES (The wonderes of allied technology) So you're still good... for now.

JANE DOE IS INJURED IN LEFT TORSO AND RIGHT ARM

MESOR

Jared is all too happy to accept. "You're on!" as he shifts to attack guns near the only Conjurer. [1] Neither of the spotters finds anything of worth, just grey and Ponies. [1] just as you have the samn best view, your Barrett jams. Great. [2] your buddy misses, so at least you are still in front.

JARED HAS 1 KILL. JANOS HAS 2 KILLS

DOOMBLADE187

[3] Your days working within the IKEA Dominion have taught you some about indecipherable instructions in assembly, but not disassembly. You get the wounded area's armour removed, [6] and it looks like a clean wound... Sans the round embedded within him. [5] You pull it out without any hassle, and he seems to recover. [5] Now for assembly, where your training covers from IKEA. you slot the entire plate back in place, and the HarJel fixes the hole. [2] You also remember there was an instruction manual from IKEA stashed in the back-area, but Oh Well, he is good now. You reload again, [4] You patch yourself up well enough for a field op, and see that Jane and Ivan have it under control. There is no way to cover them from here. The Elemental wishes to get you closer

"Freebirth! With Me!" as his laser and SMG [4] pin down the gunners interested in you.

You have RECOVERED IN CENTER TORSO

GUNINANDRUNIN

[4] Your cover works, [1] but your pulse laser seems to be faulty, and recalibrating is not working. [5] You move swiftly to the break, uninterrupted by anyone, as it widens from more Hunchbacks getting through. [5] The wall falls backwards, [5] crushing an enemy platoon, easily under their own steel. [6] the rebuttal is slightly disheartened, [3] damaging the leg actuator of one Hunchback, and [2] destroying another. At least the Solahma died with honour.

"Affirmative, All units, nail those turrets! Irregulars and Grenadiers, move in now! GO GO GO!"

TARICUS

annoyingly, your squad died. but at least there is the assault to go to. [6] you are hardly touched by fire.

MENTALLAMA.

Damn soldiers' job. At least you're in the thick of it. You are in a fox-hole with two men small-talking while waiting for a break in the guns.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2012, 09:54:09 pm »

Fall back for a short moment and pour your efforts into fixing the pulse laser. Perhaps that RPB did it? If the weapon remains unresponsive, gird your loins and open the hatch. Crawl out onto the torso of your 'mech and see what the hell went wrong. Once repairs have been completed, hop back in and cover the grenadiers.
I am presently having a weapon malfunction. I will attempt to remedy this myself.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2012, 10:24:07 pm »

Fix the jam and order all men to continue previous actions.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2012, 11:01:25 pm »

ARGH! IVAN, I'VE BEEN HIT, REPEATEDLY! CAN YOU SPARE A SANDVICH!?\

Shoot a few more rockets while Ivan, (Maybe) Heals me!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2012, 11:15:02 pm »

"Annoyed: You bastards. Maliciously: I am going to enjoy grinding your bones to dust, and destroying everything you hold dear."

Steady advance, keep the guns firing upon the enemy while moving up. Haymaker any foes dumb enought to get into close quarters with an Elcor.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2012, 02:31:01 pm »

Advance under the covering fire of the elemental. Potshots on exposed ponies are good.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2012, 03:44:03 pm »

Leans foward and gets the other two soldiers attention
We are getting out of here today!
Takes one of their helmets and crawls to the other side of the fox hole.
When i draw their fire pop up and take them down. 3....2....1... now!
Lifts the helmet up high enough that the ponies can see it
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2012, 10:01:30 pm »

GUNINANDRUNIN

[4] your recalibration attempts succeed just enough. You then begin firing at more guns, [6] drawing a little bit more attention than you wanted, and one of the guns inside is pointed at you. [6] it hits your Mech [9] In the Left Leg, as armour falls away. In retaliation, [6] you launch a pair of Streak-SRMs and not only destroy the gun, but also it's ammo. [2] The explosion is less spectacular than you'd hoped, though. [4] Some of the Flyer Ponies are pulling out, and some are getting hit by the AA mechs. [4] some of the Hunchbacks are damaged, but nothing they can't handle.

YOUR CONJURER IS DAMAGED IN THE LEFT LEG

MESOR

[2] the round seems higher up than you last thought, so you remove the magazine, and let the cartridge fall out. [3] The round is budging slightly, but not enough to carry on. [4] the Spotter, Alexis, manages to dislodge it. [6+1] Your sniper buddy manages to take out another gunner, as the magazine is reloaded and you sight in a target [6+1] You nail one right through it's grenades, blowing it and its buddies up. You hear a voice call in your head. DOUBLE KILL!

JARED HAS 2 KILLS. JANOS HAS 3 KILLS

GREENSTARFANATIC & BLADE MASTER MODEL 42

Jane shoots more rockets, [2,3,2] missing with all three, as Ivan's lob [5] is spot on, you catch it, and you nom on it, restoring all damage you have taken. [3] Ivan's rounds are missing, or only Wounding your enemies. [4] Return fire is similarly inaccurate on Ivan, [6] and Jane is not getting hit either. But Jane is a mere 50 Meters from the water opening to the Pony Firebase.

JANE DOE IS RESTORED IN LEFT TORSO AND RIGHT ARM

TARICUS

Your steady advance, lumbering as it is, [6] is having an excellent effect, making stuff blow up like it was during your tour of the Hollywood War. [5] Incoming fire is ineffective, as their ordanace pings off. You are getting closer to the gate, and some solders are forming up on you.

DOOMBLADE187

You stick close to the Elemental, [1] Even though he seems to be running out of ammo and overheating. [4] However, the Ponies seem to be taking cover under his 'onslaught'. [1] You can see no Ponies that are exposed, and you are now too close to the bunkers to see them.

MENTALLAMA

you nab the helmet off of him, and they ready. you pop the helmet up. [5] Nothing happens. You pop up. All the bunkers (save those on the right flank firing at a madman with a rocket launcher and his big friend.

"Are we going to get outta here?" one of them asks.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11