Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Feudalism Redux  (Read 14877 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Feudalism Redux
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2012, 05:57:51 am »

Organization: The University of Desantum
Organization Leader: Arch-chancellor Coln von Balthman

The University of Desantum was started 330 years ago as the library of the kings of the kingdom. In time, the king organized lessons for his fosterlings and children to be hosted in the library, and this practice was continued by the next king and the king after that. Famed scholars were hired to teach there, eventually becoming so filled with intellectuals that the library could be considered an academy in its own right, which it soon became. Since then, the University has been released from direct ownership by the crown and instead owns its own district within Renedos. The University since then, has been the source for nearly every trained physician, historian, philosopher and any other doctorate for the kingdom, as well as having graduates in surrounding lands. Due to this, the University has a certain influence over noble courts, city halls, village squares and church gatherings. Beyond the University district, the university owns small research outposts scattered over the kingdom, as well as a few hermitages and farming estates.

The university is lead by the senior scholars of the university, and is itself lead by an elected council of 12, which itself elects among the staff three grand-scholars who chose amongst themselves an arch-chancellor. The council changes every 5 years, while the grand-scholars and arch-chancellor serve for life, unless deposed for one reason or another.

Sub-organisation: The Seekers of the Reeds
Sub-organisation Leader: Antf von Haumburg

The Seekers of the Reeds originated as a small group of archivists who organized the University library. 10 years ago however, an energetic and idealistic archivist of the Haumburg family, declared that the pursuit of knowledge is a far greater task than simply organizing collected information. To this extent, he began organizing 'scroll-excursions' to confer upon the University more knowledge, whatever that may be. The Seekers have for the most part, been somewhat successful, forcing the University to expand their archives and library. However, The Seekers also take it upon themselves to store away heretical texts, which has put them into conflict with the more religious aspects of society.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2012, 02:08:43 pm »

Alright, I added you both to the second post. And, micelus, since you had two guys, I assumed you were playing the first one. Let me know if I was wrong, and I'll change it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2012, 02:10:40 pm »

argh im too busy and people probably want to add their stuff now. I'll pm loud for the go ahead to continue working and leave what i have as a reserve spot until i have more free time.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2012, 05:39:19 pm »

Organization: The Free city of Korenberg
Organizational Leader: Prince Albert IV von Schwarzschneider-Becs zu Korenberg (de facto)

The Free city of Korenberg was a historical pericularity when trade with the far northern and eastern peoples, out of the reach of the king, was gradually monopolized by the merchants of Korenberg. With its great wealth and political clout the merchants successfully bargained for limited self-governance and thus the Free city of Korenberg was born. As time draws on international trade had dwindled but the influence of the city remained, now focusing its business on the transport of grain, lumber, and generally bulk transport. The city has a major presence in Tathram hall, where a lot of its merchants conduct business out of.

The Free city was governed by the "King's Council", which consisted of 20 ministers, elected among the eligible citizens for life. In practice it is limited to a narrow selection of families. The prince, which was elected among the council, was practically the head of government, though as a prince he is de jure a royal representative. Its seat once shuffled among the houses, sometimes violently (both in frequency and method), but recently the house of Schwarzschneider has been hegemonic, both in terms of political and economic power.

Albert IV is the son of Wilhelm II who deceased recently. An energetic young man, turning 22 next year, he was expected to rule over the city for a long time. With the situation beyond the kingdom calming down they expect the new Prince to open international trade once more.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2012, 07:44:36 pm »

Well, that gives me some pause. I'll say that the city of Korenberg, in order to purchase their freedom and land from the King, must have provided quite beyond their dues in a time of great need on the part of the King. Though, if they want to benefit from the protection of the King's army, they'll still need to provide some sort of tax and/or services.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2012, 07:51:47 pm »

What exactly is the point od the game?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2012, 07:53:56 pm »

To dick around in paint and see what happens.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2012, 08:30:00 pm »

To actually get somewhere with the feudalism idea. Like before, we're stuck on the map part.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2012, 08:44:01 pm »

How about we stop the mapping at some point, and force the people with the map to finish within 2-3 days of getting it unless they let us know they'll have it soon, or something like that?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2012, 08:55:24 pm »

what if.we.submitted pics and somebody compiled them on(in)to a map?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2012, 09:27:37 pm »

As part of my land is underground here is that section :P Sorry if its small, I did most of it pixel by pixel/outlining to get a rough look of what its like from an overhead view (as flat would be a bit hard to put in inside a cavern :3)

Spoiler: Ironstone City (click to show/hide)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2012, 09:45:14 pm »

didn't do invis background

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2012, 09:50:43 pm »

Wait, there are caverns?
If adwarf gets an underground lake and good-sized city, I want a...SOMETHING underground! I'm still working on what!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2012, 10:14:18 pm »

Is it possible I could be an advisor to a lord?  It's probably explained in the rules, but I don't see anything about advisors, would that be the same as being the leader of an organization?  Because all this seems interesting but I don't really want to be a lord of a fief.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2012, 10:43:28 pm »

Is it possible I could be an advisor to a lord?  It's probably explained in the rules, but I don't see anything about advisors, would that be the same as being the leader of an organization?  Because all this seems interesting but I don't really want to be a lord of a fief.
Yeah, that's perfectly fine. I guess it wasn't explained very well in the rules, but that was the basic idea behind claiming titles without a fief or organization.
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10