Once 4+ people have posted
- 3 (13.6%)
Once 2+ people have posted
- 1 (4.5%)
At least once a day; I don't care otherwise
- 9 (40.9%)
I HAVE NO STRONG OPINION ON THE MATTER
- 3 (13.6%)
I think it should work in a different way and will convey this in my next post.
- 1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Guardians of the Artifacts. The first adventurer appears.  (Read 26532 times)

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guardians of the Artifacts - a Dungeon Keeper Game. BUILDERS FOR EVERYONE!
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2012, 05:47:01 am »

On the sides.
Then ask them for food.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2012, 08:40:21 am »

That will do cow. That will do.

Name the Cow Moskot the Great Batterer and set it to guard my cave. Then go out and try to find a way down the ravine.

Also, did I get defender xpz from lizard?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2012, 11:24:32 am »

Cast chains of Arnak on the evil evil bat.
When it falls run up to it and try to knock it out with my mace (but try to avoid killing it if possible).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2012, 05:57:41 pm »

Get the builders to make a very low wall accross the entrance to the wide part of he cave that is low enough that it is hard to spot but high enough for enemies to trip over
 then hide on the dark side of the cave and wait for something/someone to enter
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2012, 01:51:22 am »

Begin construction of a palisade. Or...find an axe to chop wood and some twine to help with it.

This is really lonely...

You begin building a rudimentary palisade out of kicked-down saplings, stringy weeds, and ice. It quickly falls down into a mess of frozen wooden rubbish.

You ponder your loneliness for a few minutes. An INQUISITIVE SQUIRREL pokes his head into the cave mouth.

Wrassle it into submission! Get the butler to help!
You attempt to WRASSLE the cat, successfully stunning it with your sheer lack of tactics! You do take a saber-tooth to the arm, though, and begin bleeding. Your imp butler aims a FIRE DART at the cat, but misses terribly. The dart zips off into the distance, where it will undoubtedly do absolutely nothing of import.

Current status: Buried under rubble But probably healthy.
Current Mood: Annoyed.

Use my mighty strength to free myself from the rubble!
Then, examine what just happened.

You successfully free yourself from the pile of rubble, then step back to inspect your handiwork, or lack thereof. It would appear that the cavein has essentially undone most of the mining work you did, with the added bonus of coating everything in a layer of pebbles and mine-dust. The artifact, however, appears untouched. Odd.

On the sides.
Then ask them for food.
The builders charge you 7 gold to mount some torches along the walls. They mention that they don't usually sell food, but they could deliver some if you really needed it. They would, of course, charge extra for giving you the convenience of not going into town.

That will do cow. That will do.

Name the Cow Moskot the Great Batterer and set it to guard my cave. Then go out and try to find a way down the ravine.

Also, did I get defender xpz from lizard?

The lizard isn't dead yet. :P

You hear a satisfying WHOOMPH from the bottom of the ravine as the cow and lizard hit the bottom. You gain 3 DEFENDING XP.

You telepathically request that Moskot the Great Batterer return to the cave as a guard. It obliges, walking near-perpendicular to the ravine wall to return home. It'll take a bit, though.

You don't see any obvious paths to the bottom of the ravine.

Cast chains of Arnak on the evil evil bat.
When it falls run up to it and try to knock it out with my mace (but try to avoid killing it if possible).
You cast CHAINS OF ARNAK on the bat! It falls down, whimpering! You then attempt to thump it unconscious, but trip on some underbrush and come crashing to the ground instead. You and the VERY LARGE BAT are both incapacitated.

Get the builders to make a very low wall accross the entrance to the wide part of he cave that is low enough that it is hard to spot but high enough for enemies to trip over
 then hide on the dark side of the cave and wait for something/someone to enter

You request that the builders build a trip-ledge. They oblige, charging you 10 gold for the effort, and warning you that the ledges are fairly fragile and likely to only work once. You then sneak over to the dark section of the cave and hide, lying in wait.

A few hours after the builders leave, night falls and nothing has entered. Geez this place is boring.

Character Statuses:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Criptfeind (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: lemon10 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Terenos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noahtophatz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: tomio175 (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2012, 02:11:47 am »

Yell "DAMN YOU EVIL BAT, I SHALL HAVE MY REVENGE FOR YOU USING YOUR POWERS TO HAVE THE BRUSH GRAB ME"
Disentangle myself from the brush and charge forward, trying to knock the darned bat out again.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2012, 02:14:20 am »

Right then. Suppose I'll just stop looking for freebies for a bit.

Additional mining east. Fell trees to shore up the tunnel.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:21:59 am by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2012, 05:33:09 am »

Visit the nearby town for food. Kill everything hostile along the way with fire, aa long as I don't burn down the surroundings. In the town, look for a Poisons & Potions © shop.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2012, 09:30:46 am »

What.
I don't.

Think about possibility of worshiping the cow.

Then head outside and see if there is a way down the cliff.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:32:25 am by Criptfeind »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2012, 10:54:14 am »

Issera turned at the sound of another, and saw the same strange type of squirrel leering at her.

"Somehow, I believe you're attached to someone. That, or I've a whole family of rodents nearby..."

Arrow > Squirrel!

Try to purchase some carpentry tools and an axe in the village afterwards!

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2012, 06:21:33 pm »

fall into a light sleep on the dark side of the room if someone enters they will trip and make a loud noise waking me up if i wake up due to noise cloak instantly
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2012, 10:50:20 pm »

Yell "DAMN YOU EVIL BAT, I SHALL HAVE MY REVENGE FOR YOU USING YOUR POWERS TO HAVE THE BRUSH GRAB ME"
Disentangle myself from the brush and charge forward, trying to knock the darned bat out again.
You stand up and thwack the bat. It falls unconscious. Success? You gain 1 DEFENDING XP.

Right then. Suppose I'll just stop looking for freebies for a bit.

Additional mining east. Fell trees to shore up the tunnel.
You begin mining until you get to a point where shoring the tunnel starts to seem like a really, really good idea. You then head outside to a.... oh, I don't think I've assigned your landscape yet. A-hem.

You walk outside to find that, to your increasing surprise, you are in a cave adjacent to some form of moon colony. Even stranger is the fact that there is life here, and you can actually breathe. Things must have really changed since you last saw the moon.

Anyways, you go chop down a few moon trees to shore the tunnel. One of them makes a very solid metallic sound when you hit it, and you strip the bark away to find some form of metallic pole in the ground stuck up through the center of the tree. Huh.

Visit the nearby town for food. Kill everything hostile along the way with fire, aa long as I don't burn down the surroundings. In the town, look for a Poisons & Potions © shop.
You visit the nearby town, and are accosted by several thousand wolves not bothered by the wildlife in the bordering desert. You don't think you're going to have to worry about burning anything down out here, except maybe the tent-village.

You ask around the town for a local apothecary, and they all point you toward one tent while snickering. You edge toward the tent, when something bursts from the shadows and cuts your ear off while laughing in a most terrifying manner. You are now bleeding.

What.
I don't.

Think about possibility of worshiping the cow.

Then head outside and see if there is a way down the cliff.
You contemplate worshipping your own creation, then head outside and attempt to find another path into the ravine. You still fail to find any direct path down besides sliding on your ass and hoping there aren't any sheer faces.

Issera turned at the sound of another, and saw the same strange type of squirrel leering at her.

"Somehow, I believe you're attached to someone. That, or I've a whole family of rodents nearby..."

Arrow > Squirrel!

Try to purchase some carpentry tools and an axe in the village afterwards!

You attempt to arrow the squirrel, which nimbly dodges. It then jumps on you, but you grab the bastard and throw him into a wall before he eats your extremities. The squirrel is still alive, but mildly stunned due to concussive wall damage.

fall into a light sleep on the dark side of the room if someone enters they will trip and make a loud noise waking me up if i wake up due to noise cloak instantly
You fall asleep, and wake up to a fairly solid "thump", followed by a distorted squeaking. You immediately cloak yourself, and get a very good look at what is trying to get your precious.

You are now fighting a WALKING LUNGFISH.

Character Statuses:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Criptfeind (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: lemon10 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Terenos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noahtophatz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: tomio175 (click to show/hide)
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2012, 10:56:17 pm »

Actually..Apparently I was on an island first.
"You head outside of your cave and gaze into the sunset. You appear to be on an island, where palm trees and odd wildlife are plentiful. Most of the animals seem to be avoiding you as you cut down a few trees and drag them back into the cave for fire purposes."
Which also makes me wonder where these builders come from, but whatever. Moon cave, Island..its all good. Personally though, I'd prefer the island.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2012, 11:02:40 pm »

Clearly the answer here is the ride the magic cow down.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2012, 11:08:13 pm »

Actually..Apparently I was on an island first.
Goddamn it I knew I had put someone on the island. Okay, you can be on the island and I'll put someone else on the moon.

You still find a weird metal pole in a tree trunk, though.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12