Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Entity placement halps  (Read 3642 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Entity placement halps
« on: September 17, 2012, 02:50:28 pm »

Hey there, I want to mod some entities that stay put in their biomes. If i wanted to create a civilization that lives in tundra and glaciers and does not or cannot leave, what is the best way to do this?

Oh, one more thing. Attack priority. Can I set it to not only main and second, but say... third and fourth?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 03:07:23 pm by dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Entity placement halps
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 03:13:35 pm »

[BIOME_SUPPORT:GLACIER:10]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:TUNDRA:10]
[START_BIOME:GLACIER]
[START_BIOME:TUNDRA]

Don't put any other biome tokens on them and they will stay there during world generation at least. They will still siege any fortress they have access too though, which is hardcoded.

Oh, one more thing. Attack priority. Can I set it to not only main and second, but say... third and fourth?
No. MAIN and SECOND are your only options.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 04:56:46 pm »

Interesting, is the 10 the preference for that biome?
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 11:04:28 am »

It appears to be the "speed" at which the civilization moves through that terrain. That said, civilizations actually don't settle outside the START_BIOMEs. Dwarves don't settle outside the mountains despite having biome_support for other biomes, such as forests (even with forest support increased to 10), and humans thankfully do not settle on the oceans despite having a biome_support of 12 for those.

Fake edit: Old Toady post here.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 12:46:07 pm »

Sweet. But my civ doesn't seem to work. It won't show up at all in worldgen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the bit on biome. Is something wrong?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 12:57:11 pm »

You are missing [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY] (or whatever site you want them to start from). At least that's the only problem I see with what you have currently posted. If that doesn't work then it's fully possible that your problem is somewhere else.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 01:11:21 pm »

We'd need the full raws to reliably find the problem. One thing that could be it is that you misspelled the creature name in the entity raws, for example.

You are missing [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY] (or whatever site you want them to start from). At least that's the only problem I see with what you have currently posted. If that doesn't work then it's fully possible that your problem is somewhere else.
He has that, actually.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 01:12:48 pm »

Oh, my bad. (Saw the indent and my eyes ignored the tag above it :P)

In that case your problem is somewhere else. Post the full entity and we can help you.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 01:41:26 pm »

Here ya go

they are unnamed as yet. yhey are indeed spelled icecreature in their creature raws.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 01:45:47 pm »

Well the first thing that I noticed was that you have extra ':'s on the end of a bunch of tokens starting with [OUTDOOR_WOOD]. You also have a few more starting with the [WANDERER] token.

Now do your ice creatures need to eat? If so have you modded in any above-ground plants that can grow in tundras or on glaciers? In vanilla DF there are no plants that grow on tundras or glaciers, so if the only source of food that your ice creatures have is aboveground farming then they will all starve to death.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 08:58:15 pm »

=O these things make sense.

I added [BEAST_HUNTER] Which i thought was already there. This makes them hunt animals for food, no?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 09:00:50 pm »

I added [BEAST_HUNTER] Which i thought was already there. This makes them hunt animals for food, no?
I believe that [BEAST_HUNTER] more controls adventurers who go out and slay megabeasts. Besides, the old kobolds show that entities can't survive on just meat or they starve at the moment.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 09:01:47 pm »

I thought that got fixed, and that,s how dwarves get huge kill lists upon immigration.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 10:05:50 pm »

They still are not showing up. is it somehow impossible to have civilization start in those locations?
Even if they cant eat etc., shouldn't ther civ at least appear. albiet briefly?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:56:11 pm by dunamisdeos »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 08:04:45 am »

It might be impossible with cities, but I doubt it. There could also be something wrong in the creature raws. Mind posting those?
Direforged Original
Castle Otu
Pages: [1] 2