Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Upcoming EPIC release?  (Read 7104 times)

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Upcoming EPIC release?
« on: September 17, 2012, 07:42:56 am »

I'm really starting to look at the new release like it's going to be Magic!
The changes such as Dark Towers , Elven and Dwarven Towns , rescuing of prisoners and so on is going to add a lot to the game.
Can't wait for my opportunity to generate a fortress and let a few of those children be captured, then later rescue them back with an adventurer when they are "almost" mature he he ^_^

I guess a lot of people are as thrilled as me? What's your favorite upcoming feature?

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming EPIC release?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 07:54:01 am »

What major release hasn't been EPIC? ;D

For this one I'm probably most looking forward to the tree changes, whatever the result may be ^^

Furohman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 09:12:44 am »

Ah, it's been so long since elves and dwarves had actual towns.
I personally can't wait to spend 6 hours scouring a mountainhome for a king and finding him in a broom cupboard on the eighth level.

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 11:37:38 pm »

I personally can't wait to spend 6 hours scouring a mountainhome for a king and finding him in a broom cupboard on the eighth level.

And then his quest is to go slay a vampire in said mountainhome. Only three days later do you find out that it was hiding in the next room over.
This space for rent

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 04:06:46 am »

I wonder what new grinding methods will arise. I am pumped to increase key numbers and then throw someone hopefully as far as I want.

Haven't been down to goblin town in years, that will be cool.

Will you be able to give companions equipment yet?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 11:33:25 am »

And then his quest is to go slay a vampire in said mountainhome. Only three days later do you find out that it was hiding in the next room over.
Who's the King? Urist Wilco?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 05:13:49 pm by Itnetlolor »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 11:21:48 pm »

This release should warrant another fan-made list of incoming features before it's through.  I already don't remember half the stuff that's going into it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 11:23:47 pm »

How long do we have to wait, do you think? A month? The new year? Next summer?

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 01:43:28 am »

How long do we have to wait, do you think? A month? The new year? Next summer?

I wouldn't count on seeing it anytime in the near future since it's only been 3 months since the last release.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 06:41:01 am »

It depends on how on-topic Toady stays.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 07:35:44 am »

It depends on how on-topic Toady stays.
Even then, it's a fairly broad topic. It's more like where he will stop with the sites for this release. After Dwarf Fortresses? Kobold Caves? Elf Retreats? And what after that? Megabeast Antics? Succession Struggles? More Tracking Stuff? All in all, I suspect that if he stops after Dwarf Fortresses, we'll have some four months to go with all. Caves may add a few weeks, Elf Retreats a few more months, with multitile tree support. And I tend to be too optimistic about release dates, I should add.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Auning

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 05:27:23 am »

I'm looking forward to the whole activating the world idea, as well as the combat overhaul, if I had to pick. The release I'm guessing will be at LEAST several months. It largely depends on how much he decides to add. He could make this even more far reaching than it already is, and it may take over a year.

If someone wants a list of what has been added thus far in the update, and is in the process of being added (to my knowledge and memory):

Remade combat (inculding non lethal combat)
More control over character in terms of movement
Complete reworking of stealth and detection
Sight revamped
Hearing actually implemented
Beginning of activating the world
Armies and such in play, towns and cities being seiged, political succession, people actually needing to eat and drink, as well as groups harassing towns/hamlets
Personality rewrite (people and creatures will have more dynamic reactions in terms of how they deal with stressful situations and such based on what they've been through, etc)
Goblins, kobolds, dwarves, elves, and demons having their own sites
Criminal lairs
No more immediate enemy recognition (no all seeing hivemind)
Reworked entity claims
Adding an actual use to the tracking skill, you can track things, things can track you. Various forms including of tracking including sensing through blood.
More quest variety
Multi-Tile trees
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 06:50:06 pm by Auning »
[DESCRIPTION:A horse-like creature susceptible to severed nerves when muscles are torn in limb, grasp and starting length are all the same.]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE:BIRD_ROC]

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 06:13:22 pm »

Could add to that as well :

*Children (and other prisoners I guess) can now be rescued from captivity.
*Judging from the screenshoots Goblins now tunnel properly underground and make their own den under their fortress.
*Trees occupying more than one tile in height (so I guess trees might now give more wood when felled).

There's a lot of things coming in the upcoming release, I'm really thrilled about it :D

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 06:22:02 pm »

Ok I must ask, Auning WTH is that in your sig? I mean it BLEEDS EGG YOLK, and when infected, SPONTANEOUSLY GENERATES GIANT BIRDS. HOLY FUCK.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Auning

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 06:47:56 pm »

Could add to that as well :

*Children (and other prisoners I guess) can now be rescued from captivity.
*Judging from the screenshoots Goblins now tunnel properly underground and make their own den under their fortress.
*Trees occupying more than one tile in height (so I guess trees might now give more wood when felled).

There's a lot of things coming in the upcoming release, I'm really thrilled about it :D
Children being rescued from captivity tying in with more quest variety, and goblin tunnels tying in with the new sites. However, I did miss the multi-tile tree things, I will add that.

Ok I must ask, Auning WTH is that in your sig? I mean it BLEEDS EGG YOLK, and when infected, SPONTANEOUSLY GENERATES GIANT BIRDS. HOLY FUCK.
Yeah, I used some RAW file scrambler, and that just happened.
[DESCRIPTION:A horse-like creature susceptible to severed nerves when muscles are torn in limb, grasp and starting length are all the same.]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE:BIRD_ROC]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4