Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nature wants you to slooow down  (Read 920 times)

Langolier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nature wants you to slooow down
« on: September 17, 2012, 01:22:36 am »

Ok, so I just downloaded the latest version of DF tonight to try it out. Made a world, yadda yadda, however when I got down to playing, my dwarves were suddenly moving at warp speed. I've never had to use the pause button this often with DF, and while kind of cool, it just has me thrown off. Is there some way to adjust this or am I just going to have to wait it out? It's annoying when you're thinking about something, forget to pause and blam, half your booze is gone. I'm about to go into the raws and take away everybody's beards if this keeps up

Loschmidt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nature wants you to slooow down
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 01:31:02 am »

Check your FPS cap (in the INIT files) sounds like it's been raised.

AndreaReina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nature wants you to slooow down
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 04:13:39 am »

Specifically, find (DF folder)/data/init/init.txt, scroll down to (or search for) [FPS_CAP] and give it whatever value you want. Like the wonderfully-commented file says, 0 is uncapped (runs as fast as your computer will let it, like some old DOS games). 10 frames is the time for the average unburdened dwarf to walk a single tile in the x, y, or z direction. I used to run my cap at 100, I feel it was a good one to get used to how things happened. I run it at 200 now.