Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Uthgururdim Telnashon Okil ☼Ishar builds crazy contraptions☼ MDF2  (Read 3997 times)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strike The Earth

Turnlist:

Ishar
Panopticon
Firehawk

Please keep requests to join, requests for dorfing, and other out of character discussion over THERE, in that thread..

Please keep the posts in THIS thread: in-character and entertaining.

EVERYONE is welcome to join us in the fun :)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:03:23 am by zenerbufen »

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

301, Spring
I guess this could be worse. After all, we lost the crown prince, and even his kid. We fucked up the order of succession for two generations - that's kind of an accomplishment. Not to mention we lost the fortress of Angelictower, which could be considered a private dream of the king completely shattered.
So, it could be worse. We could be dead or something, even if that1s likely to await us here. Those of us who survived the massacre are sentenced to establish a remote colony in this hellhole. On the upside, we have a volcano here, so if we actually survive for a while, that may help establish an awesome metal industry. On the downside, we don't have a single fucking thing to eat. Additionally, I wanted to declare myself oversser of this 'fortress', and the others told me I couldn't do that anymore. Huh. I was stuck with the position of militia commander again, I guess that's not so bad either.

Oh well. At least there's booze. Might as well start digging with Smake. The others are out there, foraging for any food.

There are quite a lot of bushes around here, so we may survive on prickle berries or something. Hoo-fucking-ray. Panopticon suggested to carve out a nice little farming area into the peat layer we found when we stroke the earth, but he was quickly turned down: not much sense in digging out underground farms if we don't have anything to plant there, is it?
For now, we are digging down until we hit some real rock. As desperate as we may seem, I'm not living in a clay cave for the rest of my miserable life.

We hit a layer of orthoclase and schist, and decided to start there. This first corridor will connect the fortress to the surface, and only the soldiers' training area will be here. Anyone or anything that wants to access the real fortress has to come through this first.

Smake is down there digging for the stairway that'll lead down to the oth... HOLY SHIT MITHRIL! And a HUMONGOUS vein right from the get go. Huh. I guess this isn't exactly normal. Hm... this mountain is not normal. Not in any sense of the word I know. A vein of warpstone is expected, even if not welcome. A vein of anthractie however, is not expected in any way, but very-very welcome. That's several hundred urists of coal right off the bat, and who knows how deep that vein goes. I've also found a small red gem that Smake called 'blood of Armok'. I don't want anything to do with something called blood of Armok, so it lays there on the cave floor when I found it. Somebody will surely do something with it eventually, but it sure as hell won't be me.

Some basic skeleton of a fortress is dug out - like all rock, it has the possibility of greatness hidden inside, but it looks kind of pathetic right now. we don't even have doors on our dormitory, most of the wood and berries are still outside (the others are hauling it in), and the dining room is completely empty. This is a sad excuse for a dwarf to live in.

(OOC: Seriously, Zen. Sending an expedition out without any food or at least seeds is kind of a dick move, even from a dwarf king.)
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

One of the unnamed dwarves starts to mutter to himself: These idiots, they have no idea whats going on... veins of anthrazite, hooray!... Pah. Veins only give 1 rock out of 4, while a small cluster would give one out of one... veins only give us more work to do, not more coal. An mithril, hooray!... as if we had the technology to refine it. (actually we have, since I havent added the elven blueprints to it yet, but otherwise mithril will be elven tech. The smelter can only create coarse mithril, please check out the mithril forge) and the last great discovery? The almighty blood of armok, that allows our alchemists to spawn magma? Awesome... we are living right next to a sodding volcanoe, we dont need that bloody gem. And we are not even allowed to butcher the horses we brought, so now they have us plant picking, like elves...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Darkhawk slowly looks around his rooms in the mountainhomes, looking at a Map with a new dwarfen outpost"

Im sick of training those recruits in the mountainhomes, only because our civilization is short on warheros.... no, they are not short of warheros, they are short on LIVING Warheros....

"He storms out of his office, right to the minister of war"

- He, noble-head, if im leaving this place to give a new outpost military assistance, what would you say?
- Well, i would put my veto...
- sooo..

"Darkhawk draws his weapon with a evil change in his eyes"

- Oh.... i think there is a group of migrants leaving there quite soon.... Shall i put you on the list?
- Yes, do that.... So, what is this weird stuff i hear about this outpost?
- fairly standart, the guy who started it forgot to bring food, they embarked on a vulcano and they found huge veins of materials said to be rare while just scratching the surface.
- sounds really standard.... But before we embark, tell the cook to make me a sandwich, no food sounds too bad and whatever they got in the meanwhile will not taste good, i can assure you.
- As you wish.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

what mod is this using again?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We would be alpha-testing the new Masterwork Dwarf Fortress version 2

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

O.O Awesome

EDIT: and just saw you linked to the discussion thread....crap
Sorry for cluttering up your fort with nonsense.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 06:50:38 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Summer, 301
Panopticon decided that the proper way to celebrate the coming of summer by beating up a Pangolin. Judging by that name I thought it was something like a big-ass bird of prey or something. It turns out it's just a small, scaled rodent. Much less impressive when you put it like this. At least he won. Dwarfs: 1 - Nature: 0.

Establishing our home goes slowly. Very fucking slowly. Most of the guys spend their days just lugging shit around, some find the time to occassionally craft a door or something, but things are pretty spartan right now: the seven of us have two beds, out dining room has a single table and one chair. It's not exactly a life of luxury.

To provoke mother nature further, we massacred our only two large animals, the armored horses. To provoke the mountainhomes too, we named our two frill lizards Zin and Zon, obvious (and not really creative) homage to our deceased prince, and his prick of a father, who sent us here without food supply. The horse thing sounds drastic, but they were infertile anyway, this was the most useful they could ever hope to become.

Migrants! great, they can help haul all this shit around. What's that? One of them is a master weaponsmith? Great, take this barrel of seeds down to food storage, and shut the fuck up. We are working on metalworking facilities, but you won't idly sit on your arse until it's done. Also we might need more than two beds.

By the way, I've found another fuckton of anthracite. And marble. Fun fact: barely any iron ore yet. If the most in-demand component of steel production won't be fuel, flux and additional coal, but fucking IRON, I'm going to be pissed.

(Season's been slow. I hope to speed things up with the migrants finally here.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

He hit waht ? A pangolin ?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He hit waht ? A pangolin ?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

D'AWWWWW

Indeed, I do this.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't judge him, we need food and that looked edible.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BUT ITS SO FREAKING CUTE! WHY IS IT SO CUTE? SCALY THINGS HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING THAT ADORABLE

Indeed, I do this.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I judge you, Ishar, for beating up something this cute! I request a death sentence for the responsible dwarf!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

What is wrong with you people? The guy on the picture has this delicious pangolin snack, and shortly after that pic was taken he took a healty bite out of it. They are delicious :)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What is wrong with you people? The guy on the picture has this delicious pangolin snack, and shortly after that pic was taken he took a healty bite out of it. They are delicious :)

I update my dwarfing request to include the job of hammerer. Beating up pangolins will be considered a crime against society. Also, nice derail :)
Pages: [1] 2 3